Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Triangle theories don't work in boxing man.
Spence beat Brook thats about the only name on his resume so far, he is going to have to step up and fight some of the other big dogs in his stable to make a real case that he deserves to be mentioned in the elite. This MIkey fight is a fukking joke.

Why would they have to go straight to spence when they know who the real number 1 is , Thurman, and they want to fight him to be the man.

Make no mistake about it, Thurman is the top dog at WW and he earned that spot, it wasn't a gift and last time I checked he hasn't retired or planned on retiring.
Thurman hasn't fought since March 2017, dude is effectively in retirement right now. Lol @ telling Spence to step up and fight the other PBC 147lbers when its obvious they don't want to fight him. He called them out before he had a belt, they told him get a belt. He got the belt they still won't fight him, at this point I would be cool with him leaving because Haymon not getting him the fights within his own stable anyway.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Thurman hasn't fought since March 2017, dude is effectively in retirement right now. Lol @ telling Spence to step up and fight the other PBC 147lbers when its obvious they don't want to fight him. He called them out before he had a belt, they told him get a belt. He got the belt they still won't fight him, at this point I would be cool with him leaving because Haymon not getting him the fights within his own stable anyway.
He hasn't fought because he had injuries, he should be fighting early next year as he was supposed to fight around this time before his latest injury.
So to say he is effecitively retired is non-sense, but it seems that is what most of you Thurman haters have now, just non-sense.

Spence needs to step up, now was the time to make the Porter fight, he doesn't even try to make it, for some reason he is talking about TCraw and A-side non-sense (ie he didn't really want to fight him) and trying to fight fukking MIkey Garcia. He is the reason he isn't fighting top 147 PBC fighters, not anyone else.

How is he not getting fights with his own stable when he didn't even try to make the Porter fight after he beat Garcia?

I remember Thurman talking shyt to Paulie when he was coming up and everyone laughing him out of the press conference, but him keeping it coming and calling out everyone fighting everyone and getting to the top, Spence doesn't have that dog in him.

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He hasn't fought because he had injuries, he should be fighting early next year as he was supposed to fight around this time before his latest injury.
So to say he is effecitively retired is non-sense, but it seems that is what most of you Thurman haters have now, just non-sense.

Spence needs to step up, now was the time to make the Porter fight, he doesn't even try to make it, for some reason he is talking about TCraw and A-side non-sense (ie he didn't really want to fight him) and trying to fight fukking MIkey Garcia. He is the reason he isn't fighting top 147 PBC fighters, not anyone else.

How is he not getting fights with his own stable when he didn't even try to make the Porter fight after he beat Garcia?

I remember Thurman talking shyt to Paulie when he was coming up and everyone laughing him out of the press conference, but him keeping it coming and calling out everyone fighting everyone and getting to the top, Spence doesn't have that dog in him.
I guess you're forgetting Spence going into the ring after the Porter/Garcia fight and challenging him, not sure why you think Spence is the one who isn't willing to make the fight when all we heard after the fight from Porter side is that that they were a free agent now and then radio silence. I knew something was missing upstairs with you with those bizarro ass round by round scorecards you post up but you're showing another layer with these posts.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
I guess you're forgetting Spence going into the ring after the Porter/Garcia fight and challenging him, not sure why you think Spence is the one who isn't willing to make the fight when all we heard after the fight from Porter side is that that they were a free agent now and then radio silence. I knew something was missing upstairs with you with those bizarro ass round by round scorecards you post up but you're showing another layer with these posts.
Spence was in talks with Mikey months before the Porter/Garcia fight occured. That shyt was for show, his team knew they were going to go after Mikey and its pathetic on their end. They were talking shyt about T-Craw trying to build him up knowing they had no want to fight him when Spence started talking down ESPN and saying he was an A-Side.

You can be honest, Spence and his team don't want to fight or have to work their way up at 147, they want big checks with no effort.

HeruDat1

Superstar
Daps
Man what a night. Just love all over New Orleans while all eyes was in New York we held down the fam cause that’s what we do. :salute:

Backstage ringside press conference was everywhere and getting mad love people coming up OH YOU CHAMPSIDE lol. Basically watched the fight with Regis people. A lot of it is on the IG STORY.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Spence was in talks with Mikey months before the Porter/Garcia fight occured. That shyt was for show, his team knew they were going to go after Mikey and its pathetic on their end. They were talking shyt about T-Craw trying to build him up knowing they had no want to fight him when Spence started talking down ESPN and saying he was an A-Side.

You can be honest, Spence and his team don't want to fight or have to work their way up at 147, they want big checks with no effort.
He wants both fights next year..Spence wants to unify...

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
I don't tink Derevyanchenko makes 160 better at the end of the day he is nothing special, he seems to be on the level of a Andy Lee or Korobov imho.
I think right now there is more higher level fighters at 154 who are willing to fight.
160 I added Canelo, but its obvious to me is his out of his depth at 160 and will be heavily protected.
Trout arguably beat both Charlos, beat Canelo and only legit loss in my opinion was to Lara and Hurd. Lara only lost to Hurd, to call him out of his prime because he lost because of a late knockdown in a fight he was right in it to the end is bogus. Williams and Harrison are better than Dervyanchenko IMHO. Brook is aelite at 147 and did will at 160 I don't think its shameful to say he is high level at 154.

160 is headed by two protected fighters GGG and Canelo. You have Danny, Charlo, and Andrade being frozen out for years by the elite and thats pretty much at in that division.

I disagree w almost all of this, man...
Derevyanchenko nothing special? Idk but surely I rate him higher rn than Harrison or old man Trout

Canelo out of his depth at 160? He just defeated the guy widely acknowledged as the best 160er before while never got hurt by his punches and outfought hi in the second fight.

Trout arguably didn't beat any of those fighters. He did a close fight w green Canelo in his prime but still lost (yet again shows how good Canelo actually is) and the old past prime version put up a pretty good effort against both Charlos but didn't make an argument to win those fights.

Williams might be better than Derevyanchenko, I definitely don't think Harrison is and Idk why you think that. Harrison is gassed af by the 7th-8th rounds if he fights better opponents.

I don't say it's shameful to say Brook is high level at 154 but he hasn't proven it to me.

GGG and Canelo protected? Canelo has the best resume in boxing right now except for part time boxer Pac. The names on his resume consist Trout and Lara in their prime, Mayweather, Cotto and Golovkin twice. Whatever what you thought about the fights the fact is Canelo took them and fought them.
Golovkin fught Jacobs, Jacobs hasn't been frozen out from shyt. He won't be either. Expect Canelo vs Jacobs in a year or so. Jacobs is good but it's not like he showed us a so good performance last night that Canelo gonna shyt his pants. He eked out a close win over Derevyanchenko. A good win but wasn't a spectacular performance.

Charlo frozen out? By whom? Both De La Hoya and Hearn said multiple times a fighter doesn't have to be signed to DAZN to fight DAZN fighters and only in the case of Canelo they must go to DAZN for a Canelo fight (only for that fight however not overall). I only see GGG's team seemingly avoiding him but they don't even have a network currently so they hardly freeze him out of anything. If GGG doesn't want that smoke Charlo just gonna be made a mandatory challenger straight away or he gonna fight the next man in the rankings.

I like Andrade a lot but he was hardly frozen out of anywhere either. He has made some bad career decisions basically sabotaged his own career and now finally it seems like he could straighten his career out, this DAZN happening in boxing came to him (and Beterbiev) as a potential career saver. He just got a belt, let's not say he got frozen out.

I would agree that 175 is better than 160 as well, but Adonis has 2 fights max, Kovalev has mentally quit, so you really have Alvarez, Bivol, Gvozdyk, Barrera, and Brown and that isn't the greatest.

King Sor and Estrada, Nietes as well maybe Ioka, but Roman is down.

126 I'll give you GRJ, LSC, and Diaz and Valdez.

But its all subjective. LOL

I think all the division seem to have very good depth now, but outside of 130 with Loma there is no division hands down dominated by anyone.

I'd definitely still count Stevenson as an elite guy until it's proven otherwise. Last time he looked good against Jack and this is the first time for years he is fighting twice a year also both fight are against top opponents.

idk why you give me Diaz in 126 but not Frampton and Warrington. Frampton beat LSC once and while he lost clearly on the rematch he still was the toughest challenge ever for LSC.

Yeah it's all subjective so it's all good at the end of the day but I really disagree what you said about 154 and 160...
Loma is at 135 btw but I guess that was just a typo, if Mikey really jumps up to fight Spence (duh) Loma will be indeed the ruler of 135.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Loaffler saying a Charlo fight doesn't make sense is a fukking bullshyt

I understand what they mean when they say a fight "doesn't make sense" but it can be used normally when a fight really don't make sense like GGG vs Brook or it can be used as an excuse to fights which actually make sense but the handlers of fighter X are not confident enough in their guy.

Let's see this through

Golovkin's goal is a third Canelo fight, a rubber match, that's why they were pushing the WBC to make them a mando immediately something what didn't happen
The fastest way possible to enforce a Canelo fight for Golovkin is through beating Charlo

So the fight makes all the fukking sense in the world it's just Loaffler not being confident enough in Golovkin's win.

Bet they would be gunning for that eliminator fight if someone like Wade would be there as an opponent and not Charlo

Probably that's why Loaffler sounds so mad. He felt entitled wanted the WBC to enforce Golovkin as an immediate mandatory challenger based on social media crying about robberies eve though Charlo was already waiting to his shot. So they wanted to cut ahead of him. When the WBC exceptionally made a good decision and said GGG vs Charlo should be the eliminator fight he got mad that he didn't get his way and started to talk about the fight not making sense and fighting Murata in Tokyo for "big money".

Now that Murata lost he is only resorting to repeating how the fight doesn't make any sense all that wile sounding more and more delusional about Canelo and about their position on the market. Dude really just said he doesn't care if there's nobody Golovkin can fight on ESPN cause he thinks fighters will come to Golovkin. Yeah good luck with that I hope your 37 years old fighter will thank you for wasting his time.

Last edited:

Bigblackted4

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Eastcleveland
Loaffler saying a Charlo fight doesn't make sense is a fukking bullshyt

I understand what they mean when they say a fight "doesn't make sense" but it can be used normally when a fight really don't make sense like GGG vs Brook or it can be used as an excuse to fights which actually make sense but the handlers of fighter X are not confident enough in their guy.

Let's see this through

Golovkin's goal is a third Canelo fight, a rubber match, that's why they were pushing the WBC to make them a mando immediately something what didn't happen
The fastest way possible to enforce a Canelo fight for Golovkin is through beating Charlo

So the fight makes all the fukking sense in the world it's just Loaffler not being confident enough in Golovkin's win.

Bet they would be gunning for that eliminator fight if someone like Wade would be there as an opponent and not Charlo

Probably that's why Loaffler sounds so mad. He felt entitled wanted the WBC to enforce Golovkin as an immediate mandatory challenger based on social media crying about robberies eve though Charlo was already waiting to his shot. So they wanted to cut ahead of him. When the WBC exceptionally made a good decision and said GGG vs Charlo should be the eliminator fight he got mad that he didn't get his way and started to talk about the fight not making sense and fighting Murata in Tokyo for "big money".

Now that Murata lost he is only resorting to repeating how the fight doesn't make any sense all that wile sounding more and more delusional about Canelo and about their position on the market. Dude really just said he doesn't care if there's nobody Golovkin can fight on ESPN cause he thinks fighters will come to Golovkin. Yeah good luck with that I hope your 37 years old fighter will thank you for wasting his time.
Jacobs just said it lol he laughed and said homie don’t have no titles.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Jacobs just said it lol he laughed and said homie don’t have no titles.
Golovkin is still a bigger money than most but not more than Canelo and none of these dudes gonna sign up to fight GGG at least until they know who Canelo gonna pick. I can maybe see Hearn letting Andarde fight GGG but doubt team GGG would want that either even though there's a title in the picture there. They just seem to feel offended that they are not entitled to the rubber match and that there are obstacles to get there.

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
Yeah he actually did, even with the knock down he outboxed the hell out of Canelo even better than GGG did in the 2nd fight.
He gave both Charlos all they could handle technically but he isn't the name fighter.
Made Cotto fold up like a bytch too.

No. ACTUALLY, Trout lost the fight and got dropped.. Did he have some good moments, yes, but Canelo.. He gave the Charlos and Canelo everything he could but it just wasn't enough. No reason to be in denial dude

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
No. ACTUALLY, Trout lost the fight and got dropped.. Did he have some good moments, yes, but Canelo.. He gave the Charlos and Canelo everything he could but it just wasn't enough. No reason to be in denial dude
Yeah Trout lost like GGG lost his first fight with Canelo, ie it was a robbery.
He out boxed Canelo, controlled him with the jab, froze him up because when he tried to stalk he was worried about counters, and generally outboxed him entirely.
He outboxed both charlos and because he wasn't the name they didn't give him the decision he deserved and earned, its just the way it is when you aren't the name guy, but he outboxed all 3 of them.

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
Yeah Trout lost like GGG lost his first fight with Canelo, ie it was a robbery.
:mjpls: Lemmie stop you right here.. Just like the ggg fanboys that dont like Canelo, You in denial.
ggg came up short and lost the fight just like Trout. You can cry robbery all you want, but the FACTS still remain Canelo beat Trout and ggg. And miss me with the bullshyt excuse about Trout not being a name that's why he didn'they the decisions :camby:. If Trout wasn't a name he wouldn't be getting title shot after shot over and over.. You are in complete denial living in fantasy land