Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Kell Brook was one of the most physically strong people in the division with punching power to match. He stopped triple G, Porter and Spence died in there tracks with right hands. Will Mikey be able to when he couldn’t even get Lipents to stop coming straight forward to him. Mikey is basically good at what Spence is good at but significantly smaller.
No that’s not true. Mikey has much better boxing skills than Errol does :dahell: Mikey far and away the hardest puncher at 135 :dahell: Spence don’t move his head or move laterally. He’s great no doubt but he has flaws that a master boxer like Mikey COULD exploit. Odds are Spence will slow that down significantly with his heavy body punches, and also being naturally 15-20lbs naturally bigger than Mikey, is what will get him. Not boxing skill set. Brook being strong and having a heavy cross and hook doesn’t mean he’s on the same boxing level as Mikey. That is all to me of course.

mr. smoke weed

Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
I have absolutely no idea how that motherfukker makes weight even his fukking head pause :dame: is huge. If he were to go Holyfield on nikkas in the clinch he would be a problem :damn:
I ain’t hating on Hurd at all, but after seeing him be +15-20lbs then me and me being 200......this dude gotta be taking the special effect cutting pills. I get working hard af during cut week can get you an extra 10% but god damn. All that said he makes his weight and hasn’t even been accused so, keep doin the thang until you can’t. Charlo would need to box him hard early take breaks and steal rounds up to 6 then get back into his groove. Hurd starts at about round 4 and picks up hard from 7 goin on :dame:
Btw Swift cool af

mr. smoke weed

Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi

Right...

A prizefighter's fear is not simply losing or getting KOd but the loss of revenue and prestige coming with it. Taking a fight with a guy who is an elite fighter and a big guy for his weightclass 2 division higher probably doesn't result in any career setback. It's a win-win barring a serious injury like Brook vs GGG but tbf Brook's revenue and prestige didn't decrease because of that either, he was viewed as a superhero by some for winning 2 rounds and connecting a nice uppercut.
Aside of the brutal KO he received Khan earned his biggest payday ever and ppl were even talked about how he outboxed Canelo for like 3 rounds.

A lot of people who are talking about Mikey is taking a harder fight are failing to realize these things.

Now I don't say Mikey is "scared" of Loma but I definitely think he made a comfortable, safe decision with fighting the "in-house" guy even if he can do whatever the fukk he wants and even though that guy is 2 divisions higher rather than taking a fight which makes a lot more sense for unifying a whole division.

Guarantee you if Loma would be a PBC fighter Mikey wouldn't be about to sign a contract to fight Spence.

Mikey would love to fight Loma. He gotta jump up to PBCs best welter to get a challenge lol. :manny: it is what it is

Bigblackted4

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Eastcleveland
I ain’t hating on Hurd at all, but after seeing him be +15-20lbs then me and me being 200......this dude gotta be taking the special effect cutting pills. I get working hard af during cut week can get you an extra 10% but god damn. All that said he makes his weight and hasn’t even been accused so, keep doin the thang until you can’t. Charlo would need to box him hard early take breaks and steal rounds up to 6 then get back into his groove. Hurd starts at about round 4 and picks up hard from 7 goin on :dame:
Btw Swift cool af
I’ve told y’all I’m good at telling the weight of people, he’s around. 6’0 220 outside of fighting. He’s a really big dude.