Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Is it facts that MiddleWeight is currently the deepest and best division currently? And the likelihood of the fights that matter most are more than likely to get done in that division compared to the others?

WW is the deepest division IMHO. I'd say as for now 154 is deeper than 160 as well.

WW - Crawford, Spence, Danny Garcia, Keith thurman, Shawn Porter
Jr. MW - Charlo, Hurd, Lara, Trout, Tony Harrison, Kell Brook, Munguia
MW - GGG, Jacobs, Charlo, Andrade, Canelo

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
WW is the deepest division IMHO. I'd say as for now 154 is deeper than 160 as well.

WW - Crawford, Spence, Danny Garcia, Keith thurman, Shawn Porter
Jr. MW - Charlo, Hurd, Lara, Trout, Tony Harrison, Kell Brook, Munguia
MW - GGG, Jacobs, Charlo, Andrade, Canelo
I'd pick 160 over 154 now

Add Derevyanchenko and BJS to that MW mix and it's better than 154 tbh I think even without them. In 160 all of these dudes except GGG are in their prime. In 154 Lara is past his prime, Trout is used as a gauging tool for champions, Harrison was never that level (I'd rather say Williams than him) and Brook is largely untested at the weight. You could add Castano, Soro and Williams though but imo 160 is still better

175 has depth too w Stevenson, Beterbiev, Bivol, Alvarez, Kovalev, Gvozdyk, Barrera, Brown...

115 is deep too w Sor, Estrada, Yafai, Ancajas, Chocolatito, Ioka, Nietes...

126 with Frampton, Warrington, Valdez, LSC, GRJ, Diaz...

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
I'd pick 160 over 154 now

Add Derevyanchenko and BJS to that MW mix and it's better than 154 tbh I think even without them. In 160 all of these dudes except GGG are in their prime. In 154 Lara is past his prime, Trout is used as a gauging tool for champions, Harrison was never that level (I'd rather say Williams than him) and Brook is largely untested at the weight. You could add Castano, Soro and Williams though but imo 160 is still better

175 has depth too w Stevenson, Beterbiev, Bivol, Alvarez, Kovalev, Gvozdyk, Barrera, Brown...

115 is deep too w Sor, Estrada, Yafai, Ancajas, Chocolatito, Ioka, Nietes...

126 with Frampton, Warrington, Valdez, LSC, GRJ, Diaz...

I don't tink Derevyanchenko makes 160 better at the end of the day he is nothing special, he seems to be on the level of a Andy Lee or Korobov imho.
I think right now there is more higher level fighters at 154 who are willing to fight.
160 I added Canelo, but its obvious to me is his out of his depth at 160 and will be heavily protected.
Trout arguably beat both Charlos, beat Canelo and only legit loss in my opinion was to Lara and Hurd. Lara only lost to Hurd, to call him out of his prime because he lost because of a late knockdown in a fight he was right in it to the end is bogus. Williams and Harrison are better than Dervyanchenko IMHO. Brook is aelite at 147 and did will at 160 I don't think its shameful to say he is high level at 154.

160 is headed by two protected fighters GGG and Canelo. You have Danny, Charlo, and Andrade being frozen out for years by the elite and thats pretty much at in that division.

I would agree that 175 is better than 160 as well, but Adonis has 2 fights max, Kovalev has mentally quit, so you really have Alvarez, Bivol, Gvozdyk, Barrera, and Brown and that isn't the greatest.

King Sor and Estrada, Nietes as well maybe Ioka, but Roman is down.

126 I'll give you GRJ, LSC, and Diaz and Valdez.

But its all subjective. LOL

I think all the division seem to have very good depth now, but outside of 130 with Loma there is no division hands down dominated by anyone.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Golovkin's Promoter: Charlo Fight is Not Going To Happen

Nick Skok: What’s next for GGG now?

Tom Loeffler: ESPN is there. DAZN is is an option. We’re considering both.

BoxingScene.com/NoSparring: How about Jermall Charlo and Showtime? You could do a one and done with them.

Loeffler: No. Charlo doesn’t make sense. That’s not going to happen.

This is fukking pathetic.
GGG still ducking elite fighers at 160 , he stole a fight from Danny and you can tell he doesn't want to fight him again and Charlo has been his mandatory for years and he still doesn't want to fight him.

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Tom Loeffler talking like he's got the same pull as Oscar and Arum, hell even Hearn at this point. He's gonna have to break bread with them if wants the fights for GGG on ESPN or DAZN. Dude seriously asking who is Canelo going to fight??? All the belts at 160 are on DAZN you dumb fukk.

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How can't they?
Thurman GArcia and Porter have all fought each other and Thurman is the man.
Porter fought garcia and he is 2
The only one who hasn't fought anyone is spence and sadly he seems to be on some bullshyt wasting time with mikey other than that PBC guys have and do fight each other.

T Craw needs to be calling out Porter or Thurman ie the real champs
Spence has a stoppage win over Brook who beat Porter more convincingly than Thurman and Garcia(obv Garcia lost), yet he hasn't beat anyone? The question you need to be asking is why were Porter and Garcia fighting Granados and Rios in stay busy/title eliminator fights to try to get another crack at Thurman(before he got stripped) instead of just going straight to Spence for a title shot, when he called both of them out. I think we know why tho...

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Spence has a stoppage win over Brook who beat Porter more convincingly than Thurman and Garcia(obv Garcia lost), yet he hasn't beat anyone? The question you need to be asking is why were Porter and Garcia fighting Granados and Rios in stay busy/title eliminator fights to try to get another crack at Thurman(before he got stripped) instead of just going straight to Spence for a title shot, when he called both of them out. I think we know why tho...
Triangle theories don't work in boxing man.
Spence beat Brook thats about the only name on his resume so far, he is going to have to step up and fight some of the other big dogs in his stable to make a real case that he deserves to be mentioned in the elite. This MIkey fight is a fukking joke.

Why would they have to go straight to spence when they know who the real number 1 is , Thurman, and they want to fight him to be the man.

Make no mistake about it, Thurman is the top dog at WW and he earned that spot, it wasn't a gift and last time I checked he hasn't retired or planned on retiring.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Tom Loeffler talking like he's got the same pull as Oscar and Arum, hell even Hearn at this point. He's gonna have to break bread with them if wants the fights for GGG on ESPN or DAZN. Dude seriously asking who is Canelo going to fight??? All the belts at 160 are on DAZN you dumb fukk.
Dude sounds entitled and butthurt af for some reason in that interview

He’s acting like Golovkin would be the be end all end of 160 and like not everyone else would be on DAZN...

The Charlo fight doesn’t make sense now? It only doesn’t if you are not confident enough in winning it otherwise it would be his quickest possible way to a Canelo rubber match. So it’s kind of a duck.

Canelo has so many options...
  • Canelo fighting Smith in May
  • Canelo fighting Jacobs in May
  • Canelo unifying w Andrade sometimes
  • Canelo fighting his WBA mandatory Lemieux
  • Canelo fighting WBC mandatory (Charlo?)
And with DAZN guaranteeing plenty of money to him regardless of the opponent he really has no pressure on him to fight GGG.
So if they want a rubber match dude should stop feeling so entitled and take the Charlo fight. Golovkin is 37 he can’t afford to waith 2 years for it.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Dude sounds entitled and butthurt af for some reason in that interview

He’s acting like Golovkin would be the be end all end of 160 and like not everyone else would be on DAZN...

The Charlo fight doesn’t make sense now? It only doesn’t if you are not confident enough in winning it otherwise it would be his quickest possible way to a Canelo rubber match. So it’s kind of a duck.

Canelo has so many options...
  • Canelo fighting Smith in May
  • Canelo fighting Jacobs in May
  • Canelo unifying w Andrade sometimes
  • Canelo fighting his WBA mandatory Lemieux
  • Canelo fighting WBC mandatory (Charlo?)
And with DAZN guaranteeing plenty of money to him regardless of the opponent he really has no pressure on him to fight GGG.
So if they want a rubber match dude should stop feeling so entitled and take the Charlo fight. Golovkin is 37 he can’t afford to waith 2 years for it.
They know they got a gift against Jacobs and they know they won't be able to bully Charlo since he has Al behind him.
They only have 1 option and that is to cash out so they are trying to overplay their hand and get Canelo again for a final payday and retirement.
GGG ending his career never ducking black fighters at the top to fight a small mexican with crooked judges in his pocket.