Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

kej718

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Oct 27 2018
Daniel Jacobs - Sergiy Derevyanchenko
Regis Prograis - Terry Flanagan
Kubrat Pulev - Hughie Fury
jacobs-720x360.jpg

DikYTztXkAE8ahr.jpg

pulev-720x180.jpg

Nov 3 2018
Josh Taylor - Ryan Martin
Ryan Burnett - Nonito Donaire
wbss_2.jpg

Nov 10 2018
Aleksandr Usyk - Tony Bellew
usyk-bellew-720x405.jpg

Nov 16 2018
Maurice Hooker - Alex Saucedo
Brandon Rios - Ramon Alvarez
hooker-saucedo.jpg

Nov 24 2018
Dmitry Bivol* - Jean Pascal

Dec 1 2018
Deontay Wilder - Tyson Fury
Adonis Stevenson - Oleksandr Gvozdyk
wilder-fury-Copy.jpg

stevenson-gvoz-wbc.jpg

Dec 8 2018
Vasyl Lomachenko - Jose Pedraza
James DeGale - Chris Eubank Jr.
lomachenko-720x378.jpg

Dec 14 2018
Gilberto Ramirez - Jesse Hart

Dec 15 2018
Saul Canelo Alvarez - Rocky Fielding
maxresdefault.jpg

Dec 22 2018
Jermall Charlo - Willie Monroe Jr.
Jermell Charlo - Tony Harrison
Carl Frampton - Josh Warrington
maxresdefault.jpg

frampton123-720x405.jpg

Jan 19 2019
Manny Pacquiao - Adrien Broner
hqdefault.jpg

Feb 2 2019
Eleider Alvarez - Sergey Kovalev

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Don't like Spence/Garcia. But Mikey isn't Kell Brook, he's a much superior boxer.

kej718

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Rigondeaux signs with Premier Boxing Champions
PostDateIcon.png
October 25th, 2018 - 43 Comments
1-RigondeauxFLores_Hoganphotos1.jpg

By Chris Williams: Former WBA/WBO super bantamweight champion Guillermo Rigondeaux (17-1, 11 KOs) has followed Manny Pacquiao over to Premier Boxing Champion, and he could be fighting on December 1 on the Deontay Wilder vs. Tyson Fury card, according to Mike Coppinger of RingTV.com.

Rigondeaux will return to his old weight division at 122, as he’s too small to be fighting at featherweight or super featherweight.

Rigondeaux, 38, hasn’t fought since losing to former WBO super featherweight champion Vasyl Lomachenko by a 6th round knockout in December 2017. Rigondeaux suffered a hand injury in that fight and was forced to bow out after six rounds. Assuming the 2-time Cuban Olympic gold medalist Rigondeaux ends up on the Wilder-Fury card on December 1, it would be his first fight of 2018.

Rest below
Rigondeaux signs with Premier Boxing Champions

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think if Porter wanted the fight next it would be happening, Spence can't keep sitting out waiting on these PBC 147lbers to get on task.

Kenny is gonna micromanage the hell out of Shawn’s career. A potential loss right now would be a huge setback. It took Porter 2 years to position himself to get the title again.

I expect Team Porter to make really smart decisions when it comes to opponent selection. I wouldn’t be surprised if the fight never happens.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
The more everyone tells Mikey Garcia he’s too small to fight Errol Spence Jr., the greater his hunger grows to prove the critics wrong.

And he’s going to receive the opportunity to do just that.

Spence, the IBF welterweight titleholder, and Garcia are closing in on a deal to meet in a fight contested at 147 pounds, industry sources told The Ring.

The fight is being pegged for February on Showtime pay-per-view, and could land in Texas, per sources. Spence hails from the Dallas area; Mikey has competed in Texas numerous times, including a March victory over Sergey Lipinets.

That victory netted Garcia a title at 140 pounds. His next fight was back at 135 pounds, a win over Robert Easter Jr., that allowed him to unify titles.

Spence, The Ring’s No. 1-rated welterweight, was ringside in Los Angeles for Garcia-Easter to grab an up-close look at his potential future foe.

When he met with reporters after the bout, the full-fledged welterweight (who could easily compete at 154 pounds) laughed off Garcia as a viable threat, but said he would be happy to fight the smaller man.

It’s just that attitude driving Mikey toward the fight as those closest to him, including his older brother and trainer Robert Garcia, try to steer him away from it.

After all, Garcia began his pro career at 126 pounds; Spence (24-0, 21 knockouts) has weighed as much as 156 before a bout.

To that end, Garcia (39-0, 30 KOs) will visit strength and conditioning guru Victor Conte at his SNAC headquarters in the Bay Area for a pre-training camp regimen as he seeks to properly bulk up, according to sources.

Advanced VADA testing will also be sought by the Garcia side.

Mikey acknowledged that he doesn’t lift weights; that will change as he attempts to win a major title in a fifth weight class.

Both fighters are on The Ring’s pound-for-pound list, and the clash will be each man’s initial foray as a PPV-headliner.

Bring it

Bigblackted4

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Eastcleveland
Don't like Spence/Garcia. But Mikey isn't Kell Brook, he's a much superior boxer.
Kell Brook was one of the most physically strong people in the division with punching power to match. He stopped triple G, Porter and Spence died in there tracks with right hands. Will Mikey be able to when he couldn’t even get Lipents to stop coming straight forward to him. Mikey is basically good at what Spence is good at but significantly smaller.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Kenny is gonna micromanage the hell out of Shawn’s career. A potential loss right now would be a huge setback. It took Porter 2 years to position himself to get the title again.

I expect Team Porter to make really smart decisions when it comes to opponent selection. I wouldn’t be surprised if the fight never happens.

Yup,
To his credit he's probably got the best resume at 147 as far names go. (Brook, Thurman, Swift, Alexander, Broner, Granados) if he doesn't end up facing Spence at the end of things, I'd be disappointed, but wouldn't hold it against him. Would like to seem him face at least one of these 3 tho....(Bud, Spence, Khan)

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
I don't think Mikey would be "scared" but I definitely think that the 2nd or 3rd best fight that can be made in boxing won't happen now because it stinks too much for Mikey to move out his comfort zone and do business with anyone who's not PBC/Haymon affiliated so he would rather jump up 2 divisions for a fight nobody was asking for than staying on his ass and make one of the best fights in the sport.
So basically self inflicted boxing politics gonna prevent this fight... :francis:
Self inflicted cause he has no exclusive contract or nothing he just chose to do this.

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
Thurman has size and pop this isn't going to be a factor against Mikey :hubie:Spence has his issues but dude is going to be too small and ineffective to take advantage of them. For Mikey to win this fight we're going to need to see him fight in a style we haven't yet. shyt will have to look like Mayweather/Canelo and Mikey doesn't have the feet or the defense. He does have the timing but Spence is the same guy who shook off Brook and kept coming forward. Garcia is a better name than Collazo that's it to me this win will be meh as far as legacy.

My comment was totally about Thurman bro lol. But I do believe Mikey has a decent shot to beat Spence. It's a matter of can he get EJ's respect which I think he can. I think he does because of the Broner fight. You might be thinking WTF does that have to do with him lol. I never thought a naturally smaller fighter would beat AB because he would walk them down & walk through them. AB had a lot of respect for Mikey's power which tells me Mikey can crack at a high level because AB's gotta great chin. When AB fought Vargas it confirmed it for me because he didn't respect his punching power as much as Mikey's.