Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
@ChocolateGiddyUp

I forgot to ask, who you going for when Charlo and Hurd fight?

Derrick James never outright said it, but I can tell that he doesn't think much of Hurd. Talked about how he felt Harrison was completely dominating him before the stoppage. I can tell he thinks Hurd will be easy work.

After now meeting/seeing both in person, I don't know how the hell Charlo will be able to deal with the size advantage of Hurd. Mell not much bigger than me, meanwhile Hurd is fukking huge :merchant: :whoa:

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Good thing these fights are more than 5 rds or Hurd would be some jobber with a shytty record.:francis:

It don't matter how well you dominate someone early, if he's only going to come back later and spark your ass the fukk out. :mjlol:

That's like being the perfect boyfriend and not getting to smash. :hhh:

If Mell tries to be too cute and worry about looking good like he was with Trout, he will get dish ragged. All that waiting for the perfect punch shyt backfires when you don't have someone to play that game with you.

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
@ChocolateGiddyUp

Derrick James never outright said it, but I can tell that he doesn't think much of Hurd. Talked about how he felt Harrison was completely dominating him before the stoppage. I can tell he thinks Hurd will be easy work.

After now meeting/seeing both in person, I don't know how the hell Charlo will be able to deal with the size advantage of Hurd. Mell not much bigger than me, meanwhile Hurd is fukking huge :merchant: :whoa:

I have absolutely no idea how that motherfukker makes weight even his fukking head pause :dame: is huge. If he were to go Holyfield on nikkas in the clinch he would be a problem :damn:

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Is it me or this Jacobs fight hasn't got any hype around it? Hearn seemed to promote the Andrade fight more, I barely hear about the Jacobs fight even though it's a quality matchup.
Is it because it's still on HBO?

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
@ChocolateGiddyUp

I got #swiftset

Harrison was Hurds 20th fight...I'm not gonna fault him for a lil struggle in his first step up that he won by ko at that

He whooped Trout better then both Charlos N lil Charlo struggled with jackson of all people so it's not like hes a world beater

KingOFKings

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

This is great news. My fear was that the cards would have had the previous PBC style production, it looks like FOX is going to handle the production.

FOX was responsible for the UFC Embedded Episodes, they have high level production capability.

2019 is going to be huge for boxing.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps

Ok so I don't wanna hear a word from any of you about "why is Crawford fighting this dude?"
That's why :stopitslime:

I remember there were some voices and around the web who said Crawford might not want that smoke. Apparently it's only Crawford's side who is talking about this fight actively the other side is talking about wrong sides of the street and in-house leagues. :camby:

I don't say Arum is any better either in divisions where his stable is stronger but don't tell me Haymon would be better. :heh: Both are bad in this regard.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps

Right...

A prizefighter's fear is not simply losing or getting KOd but the loss of revenue and prestige coming with it. Taking a fight with a guy who is an elite fighter and a big guy for his weightclass 2 division higher probably doesn't result in any career setback. It's a win-win barring a serious injury like Brook vs GGG but tbf Brook's revenue and prestige didn't decrease because of that either, he was viewed as a superhero by some for winning 2 rounds and connecting a nice uppercut.
Aside of the brutal KO he received Khan earned his biggest payday ever and ppl were even talked about how he outboxed Canelo for like 3 rounds.

A lot of people who are talking about Mikey is taking a harder fight are failing to realize these things.

Now I don't say Mikey is "scared" of Loma but I definitely think he made a comfortable, safe decision with fighting the "in-house" guy even if he can do whatever the fukk he wants and even though that guy is 2 divisions higher rather than taking a fight which makes a lot more sense for unifying a whole division.

Guarantee you if Loma would be a PBC fighter Mikey wouldn't be about to sign a contract to fight Spence.