Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Yuzo

No nice guys in boxing
Daps
spence is methodical. if he cant set up his punches, he wont throw them. so if garcia can be a moving target, spence's feet will always be in motion, and will not be allowed to plant in one place to punch from.

spence is very linear. he comes in straight. he backs up straight. he likes to come at you with push and slides.

Vd3IsGf.gif

the pro of the push and slide is it lets you get from point a to point b quickly. the con of the push and slide is, when you use it, it makes you move in a straight line. to cut the ring off, you have to take a side step.

wWokx5d.gif

if spence stays in his push and slide, and does not side step, he will not be able to get to a laterally moving target.

Last edited:

Yuzo

No nice guys in boxing
Daps
He can do it but he wont do it and likely is gonna the price by round 9. What Lipinez...cant say the boy's name right did to his body is nothing to a relentless Spence engagement. He can box and has a quick fleeting 1-2 but any engagements? I think Mikey would pay the price against Spence.
he has to fight a perfect fight.

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
spence is methodical. if he cant set up his punches, he wont throw them. so if garcia can be a moving target, spence's feet will always be in motion, and will not be allowed plant in one place to punch from.

spence is very linear. he comes in straight. he backs up straight. he likes to come at you with push and slides.

Vd3IsGf.gif

the pro of the push and slide is it lets you get from point a to point b quickly. the con of the push and slide is when you use it, it makes you move in a straight line. to cut the ring off, you have to take a side step.

wWokx5d.gif

if spence stays in his push and slide, and does not side step, he will not be able to get to a laterally moving target.

Been saying things similar & people think I’m crazy. It’s reason I believe Thurman beats him & possibly stops him. The movement & the fact that Spence doesn’t move his head consistently.

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:snoop: I hoped they forgot about this fukking bullshyt already

if this is true it's an L for both

Spence because he is fiending to fight a natural lightweight as a big, elite welterweight :skip: while in 147 there are a lot of PBC fighters
and Mikey because he takes a win-win fight instead of trying to unofy with Lomachenko in a fight where he could actually have something to lose.

"But Mikey just wants to prove himself in 147 what's wrong w this"
Well why the fukk cannot he do the same half year later after he unified the whole fukking 135 division with Loma. After he goes up 147 it's unlikely he will ever go back 135.
Its either Ugas or Mikey, Spence isn't getting paid the same for fighting Ugas and while I wouldn't mind him fighting Ugas, there will be a lot more buzz around a Mikey fight.

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
Been saying things similar & people think I’m crazy. It’s reason I believe Thurman beats him & possibly stops him. The movement & the fact that Spence doesn’t move his head consistently.

Thurman has size and pop this isn't going to be a factor against Mikey :hubie:Spence has his issues but dude is going to be too small and ineffective to take advantage of them. For Mikey to win this fight we're going to need to see him fight in a style we haven't yet. shyt will have to look like Mayweather/Canelo and Mikey doesn't have the feet or the defense. He does have the timing but Spence is the same guy who shook off Brook and kept coming forward. Garcia is a better name than Collazo that's it to me this win will be meh as far as legacy.

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
Was at the Barclays for the Charlos press conference. Was a cool experience. Took plenty pics and got to chop it up with The Charlos, Tony Harrison, Gerry c00ney, Derrick James, and Brian Custer.

Also won 2 free tickets to the fight :blessed:

IMG_20181025_140940_894_zps37tzgj7d.jpg

Whenever you want we set up this tag match playa :ufdup: you chose sides :ufdup:

21910135_122371595057324_5374815360904069120_n.jpg

we got Victor Conte ova hea :ufdup: and Algieri :ufdup:

Boxing Bullet Club :ufdup:

Bigblackted4

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Eastcleveland
@krackdagawd @patscorpio @LauderdaleBoss they was slandering your guys today.

I was talking to some of Jermall's team and they were bragging that GGG ain't want no smoke with the big guy.

And i mentioned i would like to see Mall vs GGG as well as my dude Jacobs, one of the cats looked at my and said "Jacobs? :mjlol: He was offered Mall awhile ago. He was offered 2 million and opted to run to the other side so he ain't have to fight nobody like Mall :mjgrin:"
This is funny

Bigblackted4

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Eastcleveland
This the thing with Thurman if he was naturally bigger i would agree, but he’s not going to be able to take the body shots when they do trade. He will wear down like he did in Porter and give away rounds. If Thurman was a little bigger with his feet then he’d be the perfect fighter against Spence, same with Crawford. There just too small and the fighters at 154 don’t have the feet. Canelo is a nightmare matchup for Spence. He can move laterally amazingly and punch hard on the move.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Its either Ugas or Mikey, Spence isn't getting paid the same for fighting Ugas and while I wouldn't mind him fighting Ugas, there will be a lot more buzz around a Mikey fight.
If they'd offer Porter the same kind of bread what I think Mikey gonna get for this fight then they could have done the unification instead of this
It was always weird to me why Spence sounds so eager to fight Mikey. Idk how is this any better than GGG vs Brook

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps

I was talking to some of Jermall's team and they were bragging that GGG ain't want no smoke with the big guy.

And i mentioned i would like to see Mall vs GGG as well as my dude Jacobs, one of the cats looked at my and said "Jacobs? :mjlol: He was offered Mall awhile ago. He was offered 2 million and opted to run to the other side so he ain't have to fight nobody like Mall :mjgrin:"
Gonna take this story with a grain of salt

not yours but theirs about Jacobs running from them

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
Gonna take this story with a grain of salt

not yours but theirs about Jacobs running from them
Absolutely, as you should. Thats their side, I'm sure Jacobs and his team have their side.

Jacobs not afraid of anybody, he made a business decision.

Hearn and Haymon are cordial with each other so I don't see how they can't work with each other in the future on a fight like this

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If they'd offer Porter the same kind of bread what I think Mikey gonna get for this fight then they could have done the unification instead of this
It was always weird to me why Spence sounds so eager to fight Mikey. Idk how is this any better than GGG vs Brook
I think if Porter wanted the fight next it would be happening, Spence can't keep sitting out waiting on these PBC 147lbers to get on task.

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps

Idk. Danny still saying charlo shook. He makes some good points. Charlo always saying everybody's afraid of him, but when danny is brought he's on some "yea yea, it'll happen eventually" :hubie:

Jacobs: I Don't Think Charlo Would Fight Me; I Tamed That Lion

A victory over Derevyanchenko also could leave Jacobs in prime position to challenge Canelo Alvarez on May 4. Even if that lucrative, preferable fight didn’t materialize for Jacobs, he can’t see Charlo agreeing to fight him.

“I don’t think he would take it because you’ve gotta understand, the proof is in the pudding,” Jacobs told BoxingScene.com before a press conference Wednesday at Madison Square Garden. “He called me out, or he said a couple things about me. And then once I retaliated, you heard no more. When’s the last time you heard Jermall Charlo say something about Daniel Jacobs. Whereas before I tamed the lion, there was a whole bunch of bark in the jungle. Now the jungle is deserted, with nothing but birds, nothing but giraffes and mermaids. And mermaids don’t even live in the jungle.”

“You never heard anything after that, especially not a call-out,” Jacobs said. “In fact, what you heard was him say, ‘Well, the Jacobs fight will come. It’s not gonna come now. It’s gonna come in the future. I’m not saying how far, but once my career is up, that fight is gonna happen.’ You can’t go from A to B like that, so that’s that.”

Jacobs: I Don't Think Charlo Would Fight Me; I Tamed That Lion