The Official “Blowed Up” (My web series) Thread - [EPISODE 5 OUT NOW!] WATCH/SUPPORT!

True Blue Moon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
VA. Living in the City of Angels
The special guest cameo I mentioned earlier is good to go for this weekend's shoot.

I'm in awe of how this thing is lining up. Pieces just started falling into place once we stopped BSing and got serious about this :wow:

Daps
The special guest cameo I mentioned earlier is good to go for this weekend's shoot.

I'm in awe of how this thing is lining up. Pieces just started falling into place once we stopped BSing and got serious about this :wow:

Me and my best friend are planning to write and direct a web series this year(psych thriller)

Any tips for a breh? Or just advice, we've shot many things before but a web series seems like a different beast.

True Blue Moon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Me and my best friend are planning to write and direct a web series this year(psych thriller)

Any tips for a breh? Or just advice, we've shot many things before but a web series seems like a different beast.

Still super early in the game when it comes to putting something like this together, so I'll probably have more answers for you after this weekend and next weekend, since I'll be on the set with more experiences to learn from.

But as far as the writing process and putting it together so far, I'd say don't be afraid to show people what you're working on. Because like I said in the post you quoted, it's amazing how stuff started lining up. But stuff only lined up when we weren't afraid to put ourselves out there and show someone a script or ask for help. I'm a super do it on my own, my own way kinda dude so that's tough for me. But when I show people I trust my work, they've come up with so many ideas that took jokes or ideas to another level.

By asking for the cameo from the comedian we're shooting with this weekend, our show might take an entirely different direction than we could have imagined had we been too scared or prideful to ask for help. But she read the part we wrote for her and LOVED it, and is talking about wanting to come back and do more episodes, has great ideas that we didn't even think about and might be able to pull a few strings for us that I won't mention now but are just :wow: :wow: :wow:

All because we swallowed our pride and our fear and put ourselves out there a little bit.

So that's mostly all encompassing advice. If you're asking from a technical perspective, I'll probably have better answers once I get to the set and see how's it going down. And definitely stay tuned to this thread because there should be some really good shyt on the Periscope sessions I'm going to host and upload to the thread. Y'all will be learning right along with me, because I've never done anything like this before.

EDIT:

And for real, even just making this thread is putting myself out there. This could have been a neg train shytting on me but y'all have showed me genuine love and that gives me more confidence to open my mouth and not be afraid about these kinds of things.

Daps
Still super early in the game when it comes to putting something like this together, so I'll probably have more answers for you after this weekend and next weekend, since I'll be on the set with more experiences to learn from.

But as far as the writing process and putting it together so far, I'd say don't be afraid to show people what you're working on. Because like I said in the post you quoted, it's amazing how stuff started lining up. But stuff only lined up when we weren't afraid to put ourselves out there and show someone a script or ask for help. I'm a super do it on my own, my own way kinda dude so that's tough for me. But when I show people I trust my work, they've come up with so many ideas that took jokes or ideas to another level.

By asking for the cameo from the comedian we're shooting with this weekend, our show might take an entirely different direction than we could have imagined had we been too scared or prideful to ask for help. But she read the part we wrote for her and LOVED it, and is talking about wanting to come back and do more episodes, has great ideas that we didn't even think about and might be able to pull a few strings for us that I won't mention now but are just :wow: :wow: :wow:

All because we swallowed our pride and our fear and put ourselves out there a little bit.

So that's mostly all encompassing advice. If you're asking from a technical perspective, I'll probably have better answers once I get to the set and see how's it going down. And definitely stay tuned to this thread because there should be some really good shyt on the Periscope sessions I'm going to host and upload to the thread. Y'all will be learning right along with me, because I've never done anything like this before.

Keep putting in work breh:salute:

Yea I know a couple indie producers, my writing partner is super private tho me too in a certain aspect, we have everything to shoot it, he owns a red, will rent the rest of equipment. What I think will be the biggest hurdle is the budget, don't know if we should try to get it all at once or just shoot it little by little using our own money.

True Blue Moon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Keep putting in work breh:salute:

Yea I know a couple indie producers, my writing partner is super private tho me too in a certain aspect, we have everything to shoot it, he owns a red, will rent the rest of equipment. What I think will be the biggest hurdle is the budget, don't know if we should try to get it all at once or just shoot it little by little using our own money.

What kind of budget are y'all trying to work with? Shooting it little by little might not be a bad idea. Because let's say all you have the money for is a killer pilot episode. People gravitating toward that might open up some doors that enable you to shoot the rest. It's great that your boy owns a red and you have access to other equipment.

I had gone through enough rejection that I was ready to shoot this damn thing with my phone if it came to that, but I'm geeked that we were able to get help on the equipment end of things. So that's definitely a huge plus in your corner to have. Are y'all still writing or have you started casting and whatnot?

Daps
What kind of budget are y'all trying to work with? Shooting it little by little might not be a bad idea. Because let's say all you have the money for is a killer pilot episode. People gravitating toward that might open up some doors that enable you to shoot the rest. It's great that your boy owns a red and you have access to other equipment.

I had gone through enough rejection that I was ready to shoot this damn thing with my phone if it came to that, but I'm geeked that we were able to get help on the equipment end of things. So that's definitely a huge plus in your corner to have. Are y'all still writing or have you started casting and whatnot?

Still in the writing phase, putting things together. Budget wise I'd like to to settle at no more than $5k, shooting here in NY can be expensive.

True Blue Moon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
edit

Not letting me post photos from Instagram for some reason. When I go back and look at other threads with Instagram posts, it says "Not Found". Anyone else having an issue or is this just something I'm seeing.

Last edited: