The Official "Better Call Saul" Season 6 Thread (Final Season)

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Notice, too, in that scene, how Mike says "your son fell in with some bad people. But he was never like them. Not really." Mike, you one of the bad people Nacho fell in with. But he doesn't see it that way. He disassociates himself from these bad people and thinks he just out there doing his job. And we supposed to like him cuz he has a "code." fukk that. I was nodding with a grin when Nacho's pops said "you gangsters, you're all the same." He saw Mikey for what he truly was. That put Mike right in his place where he belonged.
Yeah it was nice to see someone call mike out on his honor among thieves thing he has going on as his ethos

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Everyone being surprised confused me, this was already talking about way back when they showed the flashback of that guy getting killed.

EDIT: WHY ARE THERE 10 PAGES OF PEOPLE ARGUING ABOUT GUS BEING GAY????? So much amazing shyt happened in this episode and that is what y'all care about? I don't get why posters say they don't care about gay shyt and then act all hyper-obsessed with it.
The Gus scene was great cuz for the most part he’s just been a ruthless Terminator. It showed us theres a human behind the drug lord but due to his lifes choices, he essentially trapped himself into his own personal hell and is damned.

He’ll never be able to have friendships or relationships cuz hes

1. Still in grief over Max
2. Due to the nature of his job, anybody close to him is in danger like Max.
3. Hes too consumed by the need for revenge over the cartel.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Notice, too, in that scene, how Mike says "your son fell in with some bad people. But he was never like them. Not really." Mike, you one of the bad people Nacho fell in with. But he doesn't see it that way. He disassociates himself from these bad people and thinks he just out there doing his job. And we supposed to like him cuz he has a "code." fukk that. I was nodding with a grin when Nacho's pops said "you gangsters, you're all the same." He saw Mikey for what he truly was. That put Mike right in his place where he belonged.

Unexpected and beautiful. Mike really deserves a huge fukk you for all the shyt he's helped cause. Thinks he's in there helping something somehow and is never gonna do a lick of good for anybody.
It was nice for Mike to get that little bit of reality, but I don't think Mike is under any illusions that he's a good person. Back in season one when he was way less of a bad guy, he even said back then that he pulled his son "down into the mud" with him, and that he's part of the reason his son got killed.

Yes, he has a code, and I do think he views himself as more honorable than someone like Lalo that will murder bystanders and people not in the game. But I've never gotten the impression that Mike thinks he's a great person. He knows he's a bad guy and he's accepted that. It's just that within the criminal world, he thinks it's more honorable to follow certain guidelines than to not follow them.

Mike really did try his best to save Nacho as well, and I think that should count for something.

Blankthawtz

90-9-1 Principle
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Land of fukkery
Ya'll think they should make a Kim spin off?.. :jbhmm:

I know it wouldn't have any ties to the breaking bad franchise... But now that we know how it ended between Kim and Jimmy.... I want to see more Kim... :blessed:

CROM

Pray. I will not listen, but I will laugh at you
Daps
Reppin
Valhalla
Well acted, great cast, not very compelling. I'll watch thru but I'm getting the same feelings about this as I did peaky blinders.
Couldn’t get past the first few episodes of Peaky Blinders. Mad Men is solid, but plays out like a more mature soap opera. Don Draper is a great character, though.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Why isn’t this on the app I thought I could watch the entire season

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
kim took a hard, painful swallow just before she started working howard's widow with that story. she knew she finally found a line...but was about to cross it.

And it wasn't actually a new line. Everything she did by telling that story, she had already done. They had already painted Howard as a drug fiend, framed him, kept it going even after his death. The only difference that moment made is that they were willing to push the story straight to his widow's face. But all the impacts of the story on Howard and his family and the other people around him were already set in place.

The moment was horrifically dark, but that's only because we're so accustomed to playing games to deceive ourselves about the consequences of our actions. All of the darkness of that moment was already present in everything they had done.