The Official "Better Call Saul" Season 6 Thread (Final Season)

BlackStarryKnight

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Gus was clearly gay and hung up on his lover Max after that scene. It was dripping with sexual tension.

Nacho got himself tied up with the drug game tf he was a grown man making his own decisions. His pops wasn't about that life
Like I said I know he was like 34 and chose that shyt.

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Sexual tension/romance doesn't always have to be acted on to be real and apparent. In a non abrasive way, if you don't see it, I just don't know what to say, the scene is oozing sexual tension. Gus left (for more than one reason) but because it was going to go to the next level.

The whole "I have a bottle at home" is a very subtle come on. It's not even that subtle. The sommellier is gay. If this was between a man and a woman, no one would be saying they didn't see it.

Last edited:

Pool_Shark

Can’t move with me in this digital space
Daps
Nacho’s dad is such a bytch :mjlol: Well now you can go do your little upholstery, only cost your son. Father suppose to protect the son, not the other way. Yeah I know, he wanted better for Nacho and he chose crime life, he was grown 34. Don’t quote me trying to explain as if I don’t understand, just saying he’s a bytch:yeshrug:
That look Hector gives him after turning down the money is forever ridiculous tho :mjlol: a wide eye version of this:demonic:
Gus was right to never let Nacho go and use him to the max.
Nah bro you’re getting quoted.

His dad was a stand up dude and did his best to raise his son right. Nachos dad wouldn’t even be in danger if it wasn’t for Nacho. Also Nacho sacrificing himself to save his father just goes to show what a good job that guy did raising his son

BlackStarryKnight

Pro
Supporter
Daps

His dad was a stand up dude and did his best to raise his son right. Nachos dad wouldn’t even be in danger if it wasn’t for Nacho. Also Nacho sacrificing himself to save his father just goes to show what a good job that guy did raising his son

I feel you and I already knew that. I would just ride for my son/clean up his mess even if he’s wrong, welp looks like the barber shop or whatever is a cartel business :yeshrug:
Unless you tool up or something
We go down together or just me but you definitely don’t save me, son
Ef0LEom.png

You feel me or is the next quote going to tell me the show is over my head?

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This was in further thought the PERFECT EPISODE. It is a beautiful conclusion to the prequel series and could've easily been the series finale. Now we are in what are pretty much the epilogue episodes, pretty much the aftermath of both BCS and BB. "It is all fun and games until..." is a very cliche quote stating how people are invested into something that'll have negative consequences and only to realize it too late once those negative consequences got real. But it is also can be taken literally, like Kim admitted she was having too much FUN whereas Jimmy throughout the series only cared about WINNING in some degree. It's always a GAME to him.

And this can be said about both Gus and Mike. Gus only cared about WINNING, he his brief celebration at the wine bar was in part of him winning the battle only to realize that the war is not over. He, for the first time let his guard down, even before he went to the bar. It was noticeable when he returned back home and reopened all the shades in his house and stood out the window like "here I am". It was the most comfortable he ever felt, and it carried onto once he went to the bar. But once he started supposedly recollecting about Max or about the broader picture of it not being over, just on hiatus for now, Gus knows he can never let himself off his guard until he officially WON. He's trapped into the gangster life and cannot live out openly his true self. It's more than just his sexuality, but just really be his TRUE SELF in comfort.

Mike is trapped as well. He's forever stuck with guilt and grief of the consequences that he inadvertently was responsible for, whether it was for his own son, the death of the child who got himself invest with his own personal beef with the Salamonca's, or even with Nacho due to how things backfired on the attempt on Lalo and the torture and abuse Gus was doing to Nacho out of spite of crippling Hector. He knows deep down he has no business being into this criminal world that he's firmly in and that Nacho's father called him out with disgust for. But deep down, right before he made the decision to see Nacho's father, he was BORED with nothing to do for the first time in a long time. It's not said, but I feel being that this episode is about "fun and games" that Mike actually ENJOYED was he was doing. It definitely wasn't about winning or losing for him, but just being INVESTED in the shyt. So, when he had that downtime to sit, and mind start to reflect and regret seeps back in over the consequence that he was involved in. And truthfully, never needed to be involved in the first place. I just have to summarize that for Mike, at this point, he's doing it because it's FUN. All the other things he was involved in prior to meeting with Gus wasn't satisfying and he made an excuse of why he was doing it for, but the truth of the matter is that he liked it. Even in BB he was telling Walt that they had a GOOD THING with Gus, and I believe that he really believed that despite at times being in disagreement with Gus on some things. Mike enjoyed what he did. But at the same time, he was trapped into that life.

This leads to Jimmy & Kim. Like I said, Jimmy is about the GAME, Kim is about the FUN. I think Kim fell in love with Jimmy since the first time she led eyes on him when they both was working in the mail room, and all she ever wanted for Jimmy to win. Once the 2nd season started and Jimmy began to get her into those small cons with him, it was like a match struck dynamite. She took a small piece and wanted MORE. And she for a long time was in denial of this because she always never wanted to be like her mother, who was herself a con artist. So, fought hard against it while still gravitating more to Jimmy. This is why she was overworking herself until the near fatal accident, it was more trying to avoid who she was internally and fighting herself from "breaking bad". Kim during that downtime only made it worse and more and more as she continued to enable Jimmy in the scams and shenanigans he was doing, she herself was picking up on the mentality of Jimmy's behavior. And even the episode where came up with the idea of getting married, she was at first LASHING OUT to Jimmy about the very thing that eventually got her leaving him anyway and could've left him then but refused because she could not help herself. But seeing Howard murdered in cold blood like that and knowing ALL of it, even her lashing at Lalo last season is all on her hands. It's funny, because during the commercial break before Kim told the judge that she quit, I was thinking how Jimmy & Kim are the most perfect toxic couple. That they are meant for each other, but a DANGER TO EVERYONE when together. I didn't predict of her leaving him, but it was funny that her reasons are exactly what I was just thinking about prior to that scene.

But overall, this is all Chuck's fault. had Chuck been a loving brother and did not have jealously and spite for Jimmy, NONE of this would have taken place and Jimmy would've have transformed into Saul Goodman. The reasons why Saul Goodman exists is because of the resentment of how Chuck hated Jimmy and because Kim was enabling him throughout that entire time rather than never messed with Jimmy. She was the final straw, and without her and his brother and to an extension Howard, Saul has nobody to ground him.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Sexual tension/romance doesn't always have to be acted on to be real and apparent. In a non abrasive way, if you don't see it, I just don't know what to say, the scene is oozing sexual tension. Gus left (for more than one reason) but because it was going to go to the next level.

The whole "I have a bottle at home" is a very subtle come on. It's not even that subtle. The sommellier is gay. If this was between a man and a woman, no one would be saying they didn't see it.
My man @hex in full blown denial:lolbron:

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu

Yeah, it's blowing my mind too that people are going to crazy lengths to not see the most obvious thing ever. The bolded is super accurate as well.

And yeah, "I have a bottle at home" really isn't very subtle.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
That scene in the bar was just awash in sexual tension. Wow. Uncomfortable to watch, but if you are not as repressed (regardless of sexual orientation) as Gus, it can be a thrilling feeling to connect with someone, and have that energy basically coming out of your pores. It's such a well made show, classy and brilliantly acted, and produced. The details really add to the overall product.

if you didn't get that scene, (again regardless of sexual preference) I'll put some thoughts down about it, the scene is about connection and vulnerability and that place where you can lose yourself in (sex, flirtation, intimacy, attraction), it's that moment where you connect with someone, and an instant turns into an hour of conversation, and sometimes sex.

To go deeper, Gus lives a compartmentalized life, he's a gangster. He can't speak poetically of wine and travel with his guys, or his workers, or his bosses. He just can't. So he has other outlets. That night, and I have been there, he wants to lose that part of himself, the guns and killing and tension, and just be that other person (which for him is also the fact he's gay, but that doesn't even matter THAT much here) the person who likes wine and traveling, and romance, to put it bluntly.

You ever been stressed like that, when you want to disappear into those parts of yourself? And Gus is too repressed, too in control, to afraid of that vulnerability to go there. He will go up to the line and not cross it. He wanted that guy to come home with him that night, and he would have. He doesn't have to be Gustavo, he can be a different part of himself.

it's not the first scene like that, but it's a very well done version of a timeless kind of tortured hero theme.

And Mike did a similar thing to cope, he broke character, and broke ranks, and made himself vulnerable (in a sense to ask forgiveness) to help him forget that part of himself, that murdered a young man whom he admired. That life takes a lot out of people.
Very well worded. Daps and rep. I also thought most of the words Mike spoke about Nacho applied to Mike's own son as well.

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
what if kim ended up practicing law in nebraska? :lupe:
I wouldn't be surprised if she resorted to alcoholism (just like her mother), even though she was determined to not end up like her.

No doubt Jimmy bought that ho-pad from that Sandpiper payout (offscreen, but may be mentioned during one of the remaining episodes)

Barry Sanders

Barry>>>
Daps
Reppin
Silverdome
This was in further thought the PERFECT EPISODE. It is a beautiful conclusion to the prequel series and could've easily been the series finale. Now we are in what are pretty much the epilogue episodes, pretty much the aftermath of both BCS and BB. "It is all fun and games until..." is a very cliche quote stating how people are invested into something that'll have negative consequences and only to realize it too late once those negative consequences got real. But it is also can be taken literally, like Kim admitted she was having too much FUN whereas Jimmy throughout the series only cared about WINNING in some degree. It's always a GAME to him.

And this can be said about both Gus and Mike. Gus only cared about WINNING, he his brief celebration at the wine bar was in part of him winning the battle only to realize that the war is not over. He, for the first time let his guard down, even before he went to the bar. It was noticeable when he returned back home and reopened all the shades in his house and stood out the window like "here I am". It was the most comfortable he ever felt, and it carried onto once he went to the bar. But once he started supposedly recollecting about Max or about the broader picture of it not being over, just on hiatus for now, Gus knows he can never let himself off his guard until he officially WON. He's trapped into the gangster life and cannot live out openly his true self. It's more than just his sexuality, but just really be his TRUE SELF in comfort.

Mike is trapped as well. He's forever stuck with guilt and grief of the consequences that he inadvertently was responsible for, whether it was for his own son, the death of the child who got himself invest with his own personal beef with the Salamonca's, or even with Nacho due to how things backfired on the attempt on Lalo and the torture and abuse Gus was doing to Nacho out of spite of crippling Hector. He knows deep down he has no business being into this criminal world that he's firmly in and that Nacho's father called him out with disgust for. But deep down, right before he made the decision to see Nacho's father, he was BORED with nothing to do for the first time in a long time. It's not said, but I feel being that this episode is about "fun and games" that Mike actually ENJOYED was he was doing. It definitely wasn't about winning or losing for him, but just being INVESTED in the shyt. So, when he had that downtime to sit, and mind start to reflect and regret seeps back in over the consequence that he was involved in. And truthfully, never needed to be involved in the first place. I just have to summarize that for Mike, at this point, he's doing it because it's FUN. All the other things he was involved in prior to meeting with Gus wasn't satisfying and he made an excuse of why he was doing it for, but the truth of the matter is that he liked it. Even in BB he was telling Walt that they had a GOOD THING with Gus, and I believe that he really believed that despite at times being in disagreement with Gus on some things. Mike enjoyed what he did. But at the same time, he was trapped into that life.

This leads to Jimmy & Kim. Like I said, Jimmy is about the GAME, Kim is about the FUN. I think Kim fell in love with Jimmy since the first time she led eyes on him when they both was working in the mail room, and all she ever wanted for Jimmy to win. Once the 2nd season started and Jimmy began to get her into those small cons with him, it was like a match struck dynamite. She took a small piece and wanted MORE. And she for a long time was in denial of this because she always never wanted to be like her mother, who was herself a con artist. So, fought hard against it while still gravitating more to Jimmy. This is why she was overworking herself until the near fatal accident, it was more trying to avoid who she was internally and fighting herself from "breaking bad". Kim during that downtime only made it worse and more and more as she continued to enable Jimmy in the scams and shenanigans he was doing, she herself was picking up on the mentality of Jimmy's behavior. And even the episode where came up with the idea of getting married, she was at first LASHING OUT to Jimmy about the very thing that eventually got her leaving him anyway and could've left him then but refused because she could not help herself. But seeing Howard murdered in cold blood like that and knowing ALL of it, even her lashing at Lalo last season is all on her hands. It's funny, because during the commercial break before Kim told the judge that she quit, I was thinking how Jimmy & Kim are the most perfect toxic couple. That they are meant for each other, but a DANGER TO EVERYONE when together. I didn't predict of her leaving him, but it was funny that her reasons are exactly what I was just thinking about prior to that scene.

But overall, this is all Chuck's fault. had Chuck been a loving brother and did not have jealously and spite for Jimmy, NONE of this would have taken place and Jimmy would've have transformed into Saul Goodman. The reasons why Saul Goodman exists is because of the resentment of how Chuck hated Jimmy and because Kim was enabling him throughout that entire time rather than never messed with Jimmy. She was the final straw, and without her and his brother and to an extension Howard, Saul has nobody to ground him.
As hard as Jimmy worked on the Sandpiper case he could've used that as motivation to keep his head straight and really dove into being a great lawyer.

You can't really put this on Chuck. But some of Chucks action pushed jimmy.