The Official "Better Call Saul" Season 6 Thread (Final Season)

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Let's do a small recap of season one and how the Sandpiper case began. Jimmy promised Chuck he's no longer going to scam people. At the time he was keeping to his word while working with the elderly at the old folk's home. While setting up one elderly woman's will, the women said she was short of cash and have to wait for her "allowance" from the home. That's when Jimmy started investigating and with him and Chuck's help discovered fraud. What got Jimmy excited was Chuck actually working WITH HIM. It was what he dreamt about. CHUCK UNDERCUTTED HIM and hijacked the case to HHM. It was THEN when Jimmy learned the TRUTH ABOUT CHUCK. After that, everything went downhill.

It always been about Chuck. Had Chuck gave him genuine love and support, Saul wouldn't exist. Howard would've still been alive. Chuck himself would've still been alive. Even Kim not only may of stayed a lawyer, but arguably been made PARTNER at HHM. Jimmy learning the truth about Chuck set the domino effect of everything spiraling down.

Jimmy was always a scumbag but yeah - Chuck is what pushed him over the edge. And I bet it wasn't just that moment, you get the impression that Chuck might have been pushing his buttons their entire lives.

Barry Sanders

Barry>>>
Daps
Reppin
Silverdome
Let's do a small recap of season one and how the Sandpiper case began. Jimmy promised Chuck he's no longer going to scam people. At the time he was keeping to his word while working with the elderly at the old folk's home. While setting up one elderly woman's will, the women said she was short of cash and have to wait for her "allowance" from the home. That's when Jimmy started investigating and with him and Chuck's help discovered fraud. What got Jimmy excited was Chuck actually working WITH HIM. It was what he dreamt about. CHUCK UNDERCUTTED HIM and hijacked the case to HHM. It was THEN when Jimmy learned the TRUTH ABOUT CHUCK. After that, everything went downhill.

It always been about Chuck. Had Chuck gave him genuine love and support, Saul wouldn't exist. Howard would've still been alive. Chuck himself would've still been alive. Even Kim not only may of stayed a lawyer, but arguably been made PARTNER at HHM. Jimmy learning the truth about Chuck set the domino effect of everything spiraling down.
Jimmy couldve bossed up and try to bring HHM down. But instead he proved Chuck right.

I agree some if Chucks action led Jimmy to Saul but Jimmy has to carry that weight.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Jimmy was always a scumbag but yeah - Chuck is what pushed him over the edge. And I bet it wasn't just that moment, you get the impression that Chuck might have been pushing his buttons their entire lives.
That flashback in the hospital when the mom was calling out to Jimmy, then Chuck told Jimmy she didn't say anything when he got back and she’d passed

. Pretty ironic both brothers were extremely jealous of each other:wow:

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
True, but that workload was simply too much for the both them, they even had to bring in Cliff Main as well.

The only way Jimmy would stayed on right path is if was willing to prove his brother wrong. After he found out the truth there was no point after that.
I didn't mean the workload, but the deceit from Chuck to begin with. All Chuck had to do is be supportive of Jimmy the entire time instead of jealous and frowning upon him. Chuck didn't even want Jimmy to be part of Davis & Main, that was Howard's doing as a consolation BECAUSE of Jimmy learning the truth about Chuck. By that time, Jimmy was already a foot into transforming into Saul.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Jimmy couldve bossed up and try to bring HHM down. But instead he proved Chuck right.

I agree some if Chucks action led Jimmy to Saul but Jimmy has to carry that weight.

In the end Saul DID bring HHM down. But at what cost? His brother is dead. Howard was killed right before his eyes. His wife left him.

All of this could have been avoided had Chuck true colors weren't exposed. Chuck's obsession of not seeing Jimmy succeed is what set Jimmy transform into Saul Goodman. Slippin' Jimmy at worst cut corners, but as a lawyer still maintain the merits of the law and did "the right thing" by the end. Returning the Kettleman money was a prime example of that which he asked at the season finale to Mike why did they return that money instead of taking it. Saul would of STOLE that money and fucck the Kettlemans.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That flashback in the hospital when the mom was calling out to Jimmy, then Chuck told Jimmy she didn't say anything when he got back and she’d passed

. Pretty ironic both brothers were extremely jealous of each other:wow:

Jimmy wasn't ever jealous of Chuck. He was ENVIOUS of Chuck because everybody respected Chuck and wished Chuck would of gave him some love and support. Jimmy's whole reason to become a lawyer was because he wanted Chuck's approval.

Chuck, however, was CLEARLY jealous of Jimmy. And it's that obsessive hatred of Jimmy that got him mentally ill which is wild when thinking about it.

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
Calling it now

The construction of Gus' lab will be completed by the braggart French engineer whom Gus declined initially.

Duke_Droese

All Star
Daps
This surpassed BB for me. There's not a single skippable character, each one draws your attention. It's also not OTT.

Episode 9 is probably the closest TV episode to perfection I've ever seen.

Kimmy's weaponised lie was one of the most :demonic: shyts in tv history.

Did Saul turn HHM HQ into his pimp pad?

Last edited:

Barry Sanders

Barry>>>
Daps
Reppin
Silverdome
In the end Saul DID bring HHM down. But at what cost? His brother is dead. Howard was killed right before his eyes. His wife left him.

All of this could have been avoided had Chuck true colors weren't exposed. Chuck's obsession of not seeing Jimmy succeed is what set Jimmy transform into Saul Goodman. Slippin' Jimmy at worst cut corners, but as a lawyer still maintain the merits of the law and did "the right thing" by the end. Returning the Kettleman money was a prime example of that which he asked at the season finale to Mike why did they return that money instead of taking it. Saul would of STOLE that money and fucck the Kettlemans.

Chuck was jealous of Jimmy personality. I agree he could've been a better bigger brother. He looked down on Jimmy.

Jimmy couldve leveled up the right way. But he did it the Slippin Jimmy way. He proved Chuck right.

In the end he Gene working at a Cinnabon smh

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
Apologies if already mentioned but is this supposed to be the same lab Gus built for Walt in breaking bad he killed Lalo in? I haven't seen breaking bad since it originally aired so just wondering

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Apologies if already mentioned but is this supposed to be the same lab Gus built for Walt in breaking bad he killed Lalo in? I haven't seen breaking bad since it originally aired so just wondering
gus did not build the supermeth lab for walt but walt was cooking meth in the supermeth lab lalo is buried under