The Official "Better Call Saul" Season 6 Thread (Final Season)

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
Good to see Saul drown his sorrows in some strange pum pum.

Sad that Gus is a battyman but it explains a lot about him.

CROM

Pray. I will not listen, but I will laugh at you
Daps
Reppin
Valhalla
Mike gave him closure, I’m sure in the back of his mind he knew something bad happened
Mike was trying to clear his conscience. Do, what he rationalizes as, a good thing. I don’t think it was about closure for Nacho’s dad, as much as it was about his own guilt.

Mission249

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There's really no definitive answer to whether Gus is gay or not.
Something I've noticed from listening to interviews from the cast, writers and producers is that they'll frequently defer to someone else involved in any scene for the "true" interpretation.
For example, someone will ask a producer "What did Gus mean in that scene where..." and they'll respond with "I think the writer meant..." or the writer will say "I think the actor was trying to convey..."
At first I found it weird that they didn't have definitive answers, but then I realized that unless something is explicitly written down they allow all the people involved to inject different, potentially conflicting interpretations. That might contribute to how layered the writing feels.
All they were trying to convey explicitly is that Gus can't allow himself to relax. If a producer or the actor added their own ambiguous touches to the situation, that may or may not be canon.

Pool_Shark

Can’t move with me in this digital space
Daps
so did that waiting room lead to a direct bb scene.. they made sure to focus on there.. and Saul's outfit..

i think the only shows that could possibly be made r Gus and Mike prequels...they gotta use diff younger actors though.

Kim sequel wouldn't work because she has to be be quiet. Plus the end of bcs might close that chapter.

a Salamanca prequel show might be dope too.. don Eladio shyt Tuco fukkery .. Twin savegey ... and Lalo charm lol. end it with them recruiting Nacho.
Vince is capable of a lot more. Let’s stop this breaking bad universe. It worked with Odenkirk because he is actually entertaining. Only other actor could be Lalo but they offed him

Pool_Shark

Can’t move with me in this digital space
Daps
There's really no definitive answer to whether Gus is gay or not.
Something I've noticed from listening to interviews from the cast, writers and producers is that they'll frequently defer to someone else involved in any scene for the "true" interpretation.
For example, someone will ask a producer "What did Gus mean in that scene where..." and they'll respond with "I think the writer meant..." or the writer will say "I think the actor was trying to convey..."
At first I found it weird that they didn't have definitive answers, but then I realized that unless something is explicitly written down they allow all the people involved to inject different, potentially conflicting interpretations. That might contribute to how layered the writing feels.
All they were trying to convey explicitly is that Gus can't allow himself to relax. If a producer or the actor added their own ambiguous touches to the situation, that may or may not be canon.

Gus is definitely gay. That’s why he hates Hector so much

spencerforhire

All Star
Daps
I don't see it in the cards that she gets murked.

I think we'll see her again in the future, and I do think she and Jimmy will have a bittersweet reunion moment before the show ends. I don't think she dies, though, or at least not by Gus' hands. I don't think we'll see her again until we get to the black and white era, and Gus is dead in that time frame.
So Kim runs into Saul working behind the Cinnabun counter :banderas:

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
I think Kim works with the feds to arrest Saul and that is the twist, she pulls one on slippin Jimmy.
:francis:

Like the incident being recognized leads him to calling her, and from there she tells the Feds and leads him to being arrested and the last thing she says to him before they take him in is she still loves him.

:mjcry:
Like the two of them are alcoholics for crime and she got clean but Jimmy got much worst and that is her saving him. Then maybe they work to get him out eventually…. and he is ok with that, because she might be the only person he ever loved who loved him back.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think Kim works with the feds to arrest Saul and that is the twist, she pulls one on slippin Jimmy.
:francis:

Like the incident being recognized leads him to calling her, and from there she tells the Feds and leads him to being arrested and the last thing she says to him before they take him in is she still loves him.

:mjcry:
Like the two of them are alcoholics for crime and she got clean but Jimmy got much worst and that is her saving him. Then maybe they work to get him out eventually…. and he is ok with that, because she might be the only person he ever loved who loved him back.
That would be one hell of a twist, I can’t see her admitting to being part of hamlins downfall though, she definitely regrets it though

BlackStarryKnight

Pro
Supporter
Daps
I dunno, I couldn't get a read on that scene.

Whole thing felt weird and I wasn't sure what the point of it was. Which is extremely rare for these writers.

I mean, Vince Gilligan is an "X-Files" vet so the DNA of "show a scene out of context, then explain it later" is embedded in "BB" and "BCS" but I didn't feel like that watching that scene. I was lost.

Then I went online and seen everyone saying it confirmed Gus is gay so it made sense. Given what I explained earlier, there's no way I would guess that from that scene.

Fred.
It’s fine man, they fukked up:mjlol: Gus said the kids won’t eat it when Walt came over. Yeah yeah, you can have kids and be gay. They could be someone else’s kids… or they didn’t mean for him to be gay like you said and they folded since so many people fukking wanted him and Max to be together