The Official "Better Call Saul" Season 6 Thread (Final Season)

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
It’s fine man, they fukked up:mjlol: Gus said the kids won’t eat it when Walt came over. Yeah yeah, you can have kids and be gay. They could be someone else’s kids… or they didn’t mean for him to be gay like you said and they folded since so many people fukking wanted him and Max to be together
i thought he was just lying

BlackStarryKnight

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Nacho’s dad is such a bytch :mjlol: Well now you can go do your little upholstery, only cost your son. Father suppose to protect the son, not the other way. Yeah I know, he wanted better for Nacho and he chose crime life, he was grown 34. Don’t quote me trying to explain as if I don’t understand, just saying he’s a bytch:yeshrug:
That look Hector gives him after turning down the money is forever ridiculous tho :mjlol: a wide eye version of this:demonic:
Gus was right to never let Nacho go and use him to the max.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Nacho’s dad is such a bytch :mjlol: Well now you can go do your little upholstery, only cost your son. Father suppose to protect the son, not the other way. Yeah I know, he wanted better for Nacho and he chose crime life, he was grown 34. Don’t quote me trying to explain as if I don’t understand, just saying he’s a bytch:yeshrug:
I always thought Nacho's dad was overly prideful in his own way.

NotAnFBIagent

[redacted]
Daps
Gus was clearly gay and hung up on his lover Max after that scene. It was dripping with sexual tension.

That look Hector gives him after turning down the money is forever ridiculous tho :mjlol: a wide eye version of this:demonic:
Gus was right to never let Nacho go and use him to the max.
Nacho got himself tied up with the drug game tf he was a grown man making his own decisions. His pops wasn't about that life

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
That scene in the bar was just awash in sexual tension. Wow. Uncomfortable to watch, but if you are not as repressed (regardless of sexual orientation) as Gus, it can be a thrilling feeling to connect with someone, and have that energy basically coming out of your pores. It's such a well made show, classy and brilliantly acted, and produced. The details really add to the overall product.

if you didn't get that scene, (again regardless of sexual preference) I'll put some thoughts down about it, the scene is about connection and vulnerability and that place where you can lose yourself in (sex, flirtation, intimacy, attraction), it's that moment where you connect with someone, and an instant turns into an hour of conversation, and sometimes sex.

To go deeper, Gus lives a compartmentalized life, he's a gangster. He can't speak poetically of wine and travel with his guys, or his workers, or his bosses. He just can't. So he has other outlets. That night, and I have been there, he wants to lose that part of himself, the guns and killing and tension, and just be that other person (which for him is also the fact he's gay, but that doesn't even matter THAT much here) the person who likes wine and traveling, and romance, to put it bluntly.

You ever been stressed like that, when you want to disappear into those parts of yourself? And Gus is too repressed, too in control, to afraid of that vulnerability to go there. He will go up to the line and not cross it. He wanted that guy to come home with him that night, and he would have. He doesn't have to be Gustavo, he can be a different part of himself.

it's not the first scene like that, but it's a very well done version of a timeless kind of tortured hero theme.

And Mike did a similar thing to cope, he broke character, and broke ranks, and made himself vulnerable (in a sense to ask forgiveness) to help him forget that part of himself, that murdered a young man whom he admired. That life takes a lot out of people.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
alright so i saw that scene, still watching the ep

but I did not pick up sexual tension, other than admiration. if there was more than slight, it was irrelevant to the scene

These guys are dealing with the wages of their life. Gus almost died, yet again, was humbled by eladio, sonned into working for Bolsa.

Gus, as much as this IS is life...his life is really about the finer things in life and quiet class and luxury. The glass of wine and the story from the sommelier was a slice of that, and it really warmed his heart and made him feel good when he needed. It likely did remind him of better times with Max. But i don't believe it was gay or romantic between him and the guy. When the sommelier left, he realized that the feeling was fleeting, and he was hit with the reality that nothing was solved by killing Lalo other than saving his own life.

Mike had the same feeling drinking his PBR and was compelled to reach out to Nacho's dad, and try to give him peace that him and gus are lacking. To no avail.

In short, Gus and Mike both know there is no way out of this, they have to build the lab, they have to keep going, and they want what they miss (which is why Mike looked at his grand daughter's toys before he reached out to Mr. Vargas).

That is my take.

Last edited:

Wig Twistin Season

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Gus’s sexuality wasn’t the point of the scene. He mentioned a special bottle of wine that he bought to celebrate, I’m guessing the final Salamanca death whenever that would’ve taken place. He thought about celebrating and then got up because his work was not complete. I think more than anything, the scene illustrates Gus’s focus and his lack of time for “fun and games” which is the title of the episode.

Of course, the saying “it’s all fun and games until someone gets hurt” applies to others, especially Kim, but the scene in question showed Gus has no time for either.

Last edited:

Wig Twistin Season

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Looking back, Gus’s death is great because Hector died before he did. He got up and adjusted his tie while Hector was a pile of hamburger meat and then died.

I wonder how bad things would’ve gotten had Gus succeeded and never fell for Walt’s trap. He definitely would’ve had their whole family wiped out. Seems to be his MO when pissed.

spencerforhire

All Star
Daps
Gus’s sexuality wasn’t the point of the scene. He mentioned a special bottle of wine that he bought to celebrate, I’m guessing the final Salamanca death whenever that would’ve taken place. He thought about celebrating and then got up because his work was not complete. I think more than anything, the scene illustrates Gus’s focus and his lack of time for “fun and games” which is the title of the episode.

Of course, the saying “it’s all fun and games until someone gets hurt” applies to others, especially Kim, but the scene in question showed Gus has no time for either.
I dunno, the look of there eyes and tone of there voice sounded like they had some type of attraction for each other.