The Official "Better Call Saul" Season 6 Thread (Final Season)

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Listening to the podcast now, look here. Kelly Dixon is asking is if that scene means Gus gay. :stopitslime:

Peter Gould just said it's meant to be a romantic scene. So there you go.

Fred.

melraH

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
UPTOWN
Listening to the podcast now, look here. Kelly Dixon is asking is if that scene means Gus gay. :stopitslime:

Fred.
I always read him as an high strung/ hyper focused asexual but they took the chance and jumped in on the rainbow wave. Another POC deviant portrayal :smh:

Barry Sanders

Barry>>>
Daps
Reppin
Silverdome
In that same scene didn't he tell him to call him Gus showing that he was letting his guard down.
Yeah, but you can tell Gus been at the place alot. Gus brought up a conversation they had a year ago. And the waiter still call him Mr. Fring.

It do seem :dame: cuz the convo their having is about wine.

The bottle the waiter was talking about and Gus bought he probably was gonna use when he took down the cartel.

We saw a different Gus there. We saw Gus enjoying life not the cartel stuff.

Barry Sanders

Barry>>>
Daps
Reppin
Silverdome

Fred.
But he called him Mr Fring. I guess in another life moment fir Gus :dame:

• Dap
Reactions: hex

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I always read him as an high strung/ hyper focused asexual but they took the chance and jumped in on the rainbow wave. Another POC deviant portrayal :smh:

I mean :manny:

I'm pretty indifferent to it because like I said this has been in the air since 2011. But I never thought they'd confirm it.

Yeah, but you can tell Gus been at the place alot. Gus brought up a conversation they had a year ago. And the waiter still call him Mr. Fring.

The bottle the waiter was talking about and Gus bought he probably was gonna use when he took down the cartel.

In the same podcast they said Gus abruptly leaves because he's done with life aside from his "dark" side. The drug shyt, getting revenge, etc.

I guess my gaydar is broken because all that went completely over my head.

Fred.

JamesJabdi

Superstar
Daps
probably my favorite episode of this season.....very good cinematography and i liked the contrast of the ending to the life he had with kim. Kim is just as much of a scumbag as him and i am glad that they don't do the "ohhh jimmy u bad for everyone and you made me do this"...nahh she was apart of it all the way.

Looking forward to the next episode....i am guessing they will start with his life during Breaking bad days and then continue to his undercover life....will be interesting to see where Kim has come after all that time.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Gus has been gay (or heavily implied as gay) since season 4 of Breaking Bad. It’s not a new thing.

And Are we really calling gay people deviants in 2022?
:picard:

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu

Yep. Gus can’t fully let his guard down with a new partner. I don’t think he can be fully transparent about his life and/or not without putting another loved one at risk.

It’s also possible he’s just still too grief stricken to move on. Grief and how different people handle it was a big theme of last night’s episode.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Yep. Gus can’t fully let his guard down with a new partner. I don’t think he can be fully transparent about his life and/or not without putting another loved one at risk.

It’s also possible he’s just still too grief stricken to move on. Grief and how different people handle it was a big theme of last night’s episode.

They said on the podcast this ep was closing the chapter on who the "BCS" characters were, going into who they are on "BB".

What you said is basically how they explained the Gus scene. Same with Saul/Kim.

I cut off the podcast because I had to fix dinner but the Mike scene can be interpreted the same.

Fred.

melraH

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
UPTOWN
Gus has been gay (or heavily implied as gay) since season 4 of Breaking Bad. It’s not a new thing.

And Are we really calling gay people deviants in 2022?
:picard:
Yes, I don't have nothing against them (they can do whatever they want as long as they are consenting adults but that's not the norm in that world they get turned out early) a lot of the ones i know that im cool with (my auntie owns various hair salons) got prayed on and played with by older way older ones.

I don't like the fact that the new wave is to conflate lgbt+ and being a minority. It's not the same.

Avisible Man

S/N: 52093850
Daps
In the same podcast they said Gus abruptly leaves because he's done with life aside from his "dark" side. The drug shyt, getting revenge, etc.

I guess my gaydar is broken because all that went completely over my head.

Jim Halpert'll get u right with the gaydar

dwight-the-office.gif

Barry Sanders

Barry>>>
Daps
Reppin
Silverdome

Their not partners tho. He still call him Mr Fring.

Gus probably asexual.

Also he got his mind on a goal he needs no interference.