The Official "Better Call Saul" Season 6 Thread (Final Season)

Mr. Manhattan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
It’s wild how I never peeped Saul mentioning Lalo and Nacho in Breaking Bad Szn 2.

Is this the best show + spin off combo of all time?

the way he had a sigh of relief that it wasnt Lalo's men while still having 2 guns pointed at him :russ: ,
makes me wonder how far in advanced did Gillian have the idea for a Saul backstory because this is the first episode he appears on breaking bad

to answer your question, Yes
BCS comes close to being better than BB at some points

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Great episode but I'm not really feeling them "confirming" Gus's sexuality.

Him being gay was a misunderstanding with the "BB" editor, Kelly Dixon. Gus was never written as a gay character.

As far as Kim, all things considered in this universe....she got off extremely light. I'm not gonna complain, but unless something else happens to her this is almost too light for my liking. I felt the same way about Jesse.

Fred.

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive

Him being gay was a misunderstanding with the "BB" editor, Kelly Dixon. Gus was never written as a gay character.

As far as Kim, all things considered in this universe....she got off extremely light. I'm not gonna complain, but unless something else happens to her this is almost too light for my liking. I felt the same way about Jesse.

Fred.

Did she though? Lost Jimmy, gave up her practice, killed Howard and insane guilt.

She’s become her mom and more. What does Kim have after this?

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Did she though? Lost Jimmy, gave up her practice, killed Howard and insane guilt.

She’s become her mom and more. What does Kim have after this?

She still has agency, which was her whole motivation from day 1.

A fitting punishment would be death or jail.

Not because I particularly want those things, but because that would rob her of agency.

She quit her job, she wasn't disbarred. She left Saul, she wasn't dumped.

She went out on her own terms. Which is too kind a fate, given what she did.

Fred.

Gus Money

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

Fred.
That’s interesting, I thought it was already confirmed that Gus was gay. I also thought Jesse got an appropriate punishment based on everything he went through (Jane, Andrea, forced to be a meth cook/slave, etc) but I see where you’re coming from.

Either way, I don’t think that’s the end of Kim’s story and I would be very surprised if she’s gone just like that (it didn’t even occur to me that the breakup might be her final scene). I’d bet that something is still gonna blow back on her that we can’t see yet.

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Theres 4 eps left

What are they gonna focus on? BB or just before era saul? Or are we getting 4 Eugene eps?
I’m guessing 1 BB era Saul ep and then the rest Eugene timeline

but Peter Gould was on the Ringer podcast acting like unexpected stuff gonna happen so who knows

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
She still has agency, which was her whole motivation from day 1.

A fitting punishment would be death or jail.

Not because I particularly want those things, but because that would rob her of agency.

She quit her job, she wasn't disbarred. She left Saul, she wasn't dumped.

She went out on her own terms. Which is too kind a fate, given what she did.

Fred.

True but prison/death comes in many forms. To me her being alone and with nothing is worse than death for her, and her agency caused that.

BlackStarryKnight

Pro
Supporter
Daps

Fred.
I agree I don’t like the confirmation of Gus being a bottom :dame:
I also don’t like mike pulling up on Nacho’s dad, seemed unnecessary and cheap.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:hubie:

He was involved in an international drug ring that involved the murder of DEA agents. If the law could find him - Off the crimes in 'Breaking Bad' alone, he's going under the jail.

There was a law firm awhile back that tallied up how long Walt would have got in real life - it came to 304 years :skip:

Saul is accused of 69 separate crimes :dead:

https://external-preview.redd.it/Ot...bp&s=3e71e60b3a8d656ecd37e1aa9965ad164f904a7e

Jimmy would have to be really bored of working at Cinnabon to go back and try to beat those odds.
The show is called better call Saul, not better call gene, it has to end in court

The only things they can prove involve money laundering and the car wash scam with Skyler

Saul is a attention whore, it’s his last hurrah

Last edited:

Avisible Man

S/N: 52093850
Daps
I agree I don’t like the confirmation of Gus being a bottom :dame:
I also don’t like mike pulling up on Nacho’s dad, seemed unnecessary and cheap.

But what if he's a "power bottom"? :dame:

Cuz

22766e96db7aeac51b1cb543936743b0edb83ce6.gifv

:dame:

I liked that scene cuz I like when Mike gets chopped down and put in his place.

BlackStarryKnight

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Mike gave him closure, I’m sure in the back of his mind he knew something bad happened
Yeah but just seems like something out of a lesser show. “Oh your son is dead if you didn’t already know and I was there so don’t worry, it was basically on him for the most part but we got you on them Salamancas:beli:

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu

Fred.
Can you explain that a little bit more? I didn't know that. I just assumed that he and his Pollos Hermanos partner were lovers.

Last edited: