The Official "Better Call Saul" Season 6 Thread (Final Season)

Barry Sanders

Barry>>>
Daps
Reppin
Silverdome
Gus had no plans to replace Walt until Walt killed his goons.

After that he approached Gale and asked him how soon he could replace Walt.

That was at the end of season 3.

Prior to that Gus had no beef with Walt, and didn't really care if his assistant was Gale or Jesse.

Fred.
Na, he saw Jesse was a weak link. He was a junkie.

He probably figure Gale would learn from Walt and Walt would checkout from the cancer

Barry Sanders

Barry>>>
Daps
Reppin
Silverdome
Help me remember something because I'm waiting for a third watch until after BCS

When they were in Mexico and gus basically gave Jesse to the cartel...was that true intent? Another intricate plan...or did he plan to have a cook on both sides of the border? Legit don't recall
No,they were there to kill Don Eladio and the rest of the cartel.

Jesse was just a front for Gus bigger plan.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Help me remember something because I'm waiting for a third watch until after BCS

When they were in Mexico and gus basically gave Jesse to the cartel...was that true intent? Another intricate plan...or did he plan to have a cook on both sides of the border? Legit don't recall
It was a deflection, fring was planning to kill them all or die trying. Jessie was lucky the plan worked because if it didn’t he would of been slaving for them

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

Jesse was just a ruse to set up a meeting with them. It was always Gus's plan was always to wipe them all out.

After Gus told the cousins to kill Hank....and they failed....Bolsa had suspicions Gus was trying to go on his own, and said he'd question the surviving cousin.

Mike killed the cousin in the hospital, then Gus has Bolsa killed in his home.

That was pretty much the end of Gus and the cartel, after that they were beefing all through out season 4. Gaff (the cartel goon with the sniper rifle in season 4) set up a meeting and told Gus "the cartel wants your whole operation", which is when Gus agreed to meet them in Mexico.

Fred.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Jesse was just a ruse to set up a meeting with them. It was always Gus's plan was always to wipe them all out.

After Gus told the cousins to kill Hank....and they failed....Bolsa had suspicions Gus was trying to go on his own, and said he'd question the surviving cousin.

Mike killed the cousin in the hospital, then Gus has Bolsa killed in his home.

That was pretty much the end of Gus and the cartel, after that they were beefing all through out season 4. Gaff (the cartel goon with the sniper rifle in season 4) set up a meeting and told Gus "the cartel wants your whole operation", which is when Gus agreed to meet them in Mexico.

Fred.
Much appreciated

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Lalo is a real good actor he reminds me of the german from inglorious b*stards…first time seeing him u be like ok where did this dude come from?

XGOCjzg[1].png

Fred.

OsO

Souldier
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Lalo's death could have been more realistic.

Lalo is a lifelong cartel goon and trained assassin.

Gus is a businessman and fringe psychopath.

Yet Gus pulls a James Bond out of thin air? :childplease:

Wig Twistin Season

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Diego

Gus is a military leader from Chile. It was confirmed when he met with the German and Lidya in the hotel room.

It’s why Don Eladio and company didn’t like or trust him. He’s not just a businessman. He’s a killer on a higher level who’s past is shrouded in mystery.

“In Gus' case, that world of order would have been the Chile of the dictator Augusto Pinochet, whose military government jailed, tortured, or killed tens of thousands in an effort to quash dissent after rising to power in 1973.”

“Hector Salamanca refers to him as "generalissimo" and Don Eladio Vuente tells him he's only alive because his reputation preceded him. What we do know is that he left Chile for Mexico in 1986”

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Gus is a military leader from Chile. It was confirmed when he met with the German and Lidya in the hotel room.

It’s why Don Eladio and company didn’t like or trust him. He’s not just a businessman. He’s a killer on a higher level who’s past is shrouded in mystery.

“In Gus' case, that world of order would have been the Chile of the dictator Augusto Pinochet, whose military government jailed, tortured, or killed tens of thousands in an effort to quash dissent after rising to power in 1973.”

Exactly, I told cats about this like 10 years ago:

Fred.

OnlyFrans

subscribe today!
Supporter
Daps
Gale didn't know the process at the point you're saying though.

Also, at that point in the story Gus had no beef with Walt. Keep in mind Gale is the one that got Walt the job, ironically. He was going nuts over the quality of Walt's product, which is the only reason Gus decided to work with him.

So by his own admission, Gale was inferior to Walt.

Fred.

I feel like I want to watch the entirety of BB again after BCS is done.
Peter Gould said:
I think by the time you finish watching Better Call Saul, you're going to see Breaking Bad in a very different light. I think we're going to learn things about the characters in Breaking Bad that we didn't know. We're going to learn things about the events of Breaking Bad that we didn't know. And we're going to learn things about the fates of a lot of these characters that may surprise people or certainly throw them into a different light.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

Yeah, that's why I said Gus didn't particularly care who assisted Walt.

Gale is a better trained chemist than Jesse but Jesse knew the process. Gale didn't.

Obviously given enough time Gale could've mastered it but that's the difference between Gale and Jesse. Gus had to tell Gale to learn it, Jesse already had.

Fred.

Barry Sanders

Barry>>>
Daps
Reppin
Silverdome

Gus came through in the clutch like Robert Horry.

Once he talked to Kim and heard Lalo let her go instead of Saul. His plan was in place.

Once Gus showed Lalo the lab when they were in early stages of building it Gus plan was being put in place