The Official "Better Call Saul" Season 6 Thread (Final Season)

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
"Naw Hector, check out this vid, I killed your whore of a nephew"

lil-yachty-drake.gif
:dead:

Mission249

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The cinematography on the show is on a other level.
There was this one random ass shot - where Lalo was dragging over the chair to tie Saul to but it was shot from the perspective of the chair. Even my girl, who doesn't give a damn about shyt like that, was like "That was kinda cool".

But can you imagine being the director and coming into work one day like "I'm going to make the scene where we move that chair look as dope as possible " and all your coworkers are looking at you like "Why's this dude making more work for us :gucci:"

Mission249

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
good episode but i HATE the i got the gun on u but ima talk for 5 mins bullshyt
They spent multiple episodes explaining why Lalo couldn't just go in gun's blazing and needed to document proof and bring it to Don Eladio.
Some of ya'll acting like this was the typical "Villain wastes time explaining their plot" cliche is crazy to me knowing how good these writers are.

Max.

Banned
WOAT
Daps
They spent multiple episodes explaining why Lalo couldn't just go in gun's blazing and needed to document proof and bring it to Don Eladio.
Some of ya'll acting like this was the typical "Villain wastes time explaining their plot" cliche is crazy to me knowing how good these writers are.

As soon as they went down to the lab gus woulda had a hot one in his face nh,…all that but let me shyt on blah blah….even lalo knew his men would be back in 15 mins

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Couple things....

1. Lalo expected Kim to die trying to kill Gus. Keep in mind he has no idea Mike knows her, they'd have no reason not to kill her.

2. Lalo never expected Gus to show up at the laundry.

So the way it should've played out, is Kim acts as a distraction so Lalo can get into the laundromat. He gives the proof to Eladio, and the cartel turns on Gus.

Which is why he said "I wish we could've stripped his skin off by your pool, but he shows up now"....he never expected to kill Gus that day.

At some point after leaving the laundromat he would've went back and questioned Saul, which is what he told him before he left.

Fred.

You are ABSOLUTELY right on that. I have to remind myself, the WHOLE POINT of it all was to EXPOSE Gus, not to kill him, because Gus was technically a MADE MAN and Lalo would've needed permission to have him killed. It was the whole reason he didn't immediately go to Gus in the first place and went to Germany instead.

But all that changed when he found Gus there at the laundry warehouse and he could expose Gus and kill him with proof.

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
I think it was eating away at Gus that Lalo, such a formidable foe, would leave his murder up to an unqualified hitter in Kim, a fukking square lawyer. So Gus pressed her and it clicked that Lalo never expected her to succeed when he “let” Jimmy talk him into letting Kim go instead. I agree that a shrewd guy like Mike should have picked up on how ridiculous that plan would be for Lalo, so I could see Gus being disappointed in him for not getting that info from Kim during her interview. But I don’t think it’s unrealistic that Mike would miss that in the heat of the moment.

Yea, which begs the question: why didn’t Lalo just kill Saul after Kim left? He already killed Howard in his apartment. So he wasn’t worried about being messy. Keeping Saul alive (with the TV turned up to a high volume late at night) presented a greater risk than just putting two in his head.

plus, up until that point, Mike had a soft spot for Kim & Jimmy to some extent...he looked out for her by telling her Lalo was still alive and giving her a security detail. At that moment, Mike was probably just as concerned about Jimmy's wellbeing as he was about finding Lalo.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
There was this one random ass shot - where Lalo was dragging over the chair to tie Saul to but it was shot from the perspective of the chair. Even my girl, who doesn't give a damn about shyt like that, was like "That was kinda cool".

But can you imagine being the director and coming into work one day like "I'm going to make the scene where we move that chair look as dope as possible " and all your coworkers are looking at you like "Why's this dude making more work for us :gucci:"

:mjlol:

On any other show I'd agree but most of this crew has been together since "BB" so they know what to expect.

The writers have it even worse. Vince Gilligan came to break season 2 of "BB" and all he said was "it's about a pink teddy bear in a pool."

Then they all sat around trying to figure out a season built around that.

Fred.