The Official "Better Call Saul" Season 6 Thread (Final Season)

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
We had a good thing going with Fring :birdman:
I stand by my theory that Fring would not have killed Walt

Money was being made, the DEA was clueless, Eladio was getting wary but Gus was already thinking of ways to deal with him permanently.

This entire thing was a love letter/tribute to his homie and a long term revenge plot against Don Eladio and the Jackals/Whores.

Beyond that, Gustavo Fring was a businessman and a practical boss. As long as the money kept flowing and Jesse wasn't a dumbfukk, life would have went on quite simply to the point where all Walt would have had to worry about was where to park the money, something that could have been taken care of by Saul eventually.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734

Money was being made, the DEA was clueless, Eladio was getting wary but Gus was already thinking of ways to deal with him permanently.

This entire thing was a love letter/tribute to his homie and a long term revenge plot against Don Eladio and the Jackals/Whores.

Beyond that, Gustavo Fring was a businessman and a practical boss. As long as the money kept flowing and Jesse wasn't a dumbfukk, life would have went on quite simply to the point where all Walt would have had to worry about was where to park the money, something that could have been taken care of by Saul eventually.
I am certain he wouldv’ve killed walt if Jesse was 100% in.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

I think both of you are correct.

Gus had Max, who was killed. Then he had Gale and Walt.

After Jesse killed Gale it's not as if Gus could pull another chemist out of thin air. If Jesse was on board I have zero doubts Gus would've killed Walt.

However, had Walt not been wilding immediately in season 4, I don't think Gus would've pressed the issue at all. After Gale died, if Walt was a model employee I think Gus would've let him work until his cancer killed him.

As it stands, he tried to talk Mike into turning on Gus and showed up to his house with a pistol. Let alone everything else he did over the course of the season.

After that there was no way in hell Gus was gonna let him slide.

Fred.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There’s one big plot hole in bb, once gale knew the formula walt/jesse were expendable. When walt told fring he wanted Jesse back he should of let him go and went with gale, walt had no leverage at that point.

OnlyFrans

subscribe today!
Supporter
Daps
Howard still cares about people takin job offers:mjcry:
full

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
There’s one big plot hole in bb, once gale knew the formula walt/jesse were expendable. When walt told fring he wanted Jesse back he should of let him go and went with gale, walt had no leverage at that point.

Gale didn't know the process at the point you're saying though.

Also, at that point in the story Gus had no beef with Walt. Keep in mind Gale is the one that got Walt the job, ironically. He was going nuts over the quality of Walt's product, which is the only reason Gus decided to work with him.

So by his own admission, Gale was inferior to Walt.

Fred.

Barry Sanders

Barry>>>
Daps
Reppin
Silverdome
Gale didn't know the process at the point you're saying though.

Also, at that point in the story Gus had no beef with Walt. Keep in mind Gale is the one that got Walt the job, ironically. He was going nuts over the quality of Walt's product, which is the only reason Gus decided to work with him.

So by his own admission, Gale was inferior to Walt.

Fred.
Gus saw how careless Walt was from the jump. He was gonna get rid of him soon as Gale got the formula.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Gus saw how careless Walt was from the jump. He was gonna get rid of him soon as Gale got the formula.

Gus had no plans to replace Walt until Walt killed his goons.

After that he approached Gale and asked him how soon he could replace Walt.

That was at the end of season 3.

Prior to that Gus had no beef with Walt, and didn't really care if his assistant was Gale or Jesse.

Fred.

Spidey Man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah I think Gus would have left Walt to die on his own if Walt would have behaved following gale. There was a lot of money being made and Walt was gonna die anyway. There was no logical reason to move against him if Walt behaved and just took the money.

Gus only goes hard against people he had beef with and Walt was just an employee

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Help me remember something because I'm waiting for a third watch until after BCS

When they were in Mexico and gus basically gave Jesse to the cartel...was that true intent? Another intricate plan...or did he plan to have a cook on both sides of the border? Legit don't recall