The Official "Better Call Saul" Season 6 Thread (Final Season)

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Gus was fortunate, but he was shrewdly playing the odds. The lab was the most logical place Lalo would g

Good points, but I can’t believe Lalo thinks they’d just kill this random whites women and not go back to her apartment to try to figure out who sent her. Between the car and Kim’s ID, there’s no reason to think Gus wouldn’t have found that address ASAP. So I can’t believe he ever intended on going back to Saul. If he wanted info from Saul, seemed he’d get it before sending Kim out.

I don't disagree with the first part but worst case scenario he never goes back to Saul's apartment. Leaving him alive at least means he has the option of questioning him at some point.

As far as why he didn't interrogate Saul, and then kill him, before Kim left :manny: you can look at it one of two ways:

1. Saul can't die because he's in "BB".

2. Lalo is impatient and wanted to set the plan in motion ASAP. He's been trying to prove the lab exists, and failing, for most of his character arc.

Fred.

Daps
I don't disagree with the first part but worst case scenario he never goes back to Saul's apartment. Leaving him alive at least means he has the option of questioning him at some point.

As far as why he didn't interrogate Saul, and then kill him, before Kim left :manny: you can look at it one of two ways:

2. Lalo is impatient and wanted to set the plan in motion ASAP. He's been trying to prove the lab exists, and failing, for most of his character arc.

Fred.
Yea, I chalked it up to #1, but I don’t think it’s some major writing mishap. I was just thinking about it.

Especially since his original plan was to send Saul to get slaughtered. So I just don’t think he ever needed any more info from him.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

threattonature

Veteran
Daps

Fred.
I looked at it like he simply wanted to maximize his time at the warehouse. As he said, he knew that as soon as Kim showed up and gave up his address that the goons would be on the way to Saul's. So that meant he needed to follow Kim immediately to watch for the exact moment all the goons left so he could get in the warehouse and film the lab.

I also think keeping Saul alive and the TV blasting would delay Mike's goons from just kicking in the door to see what was happening. If they go to the door and hear complete silence they can go right in. By hearing the noise of the TV they have no clue if both are inside or if a trap is being set so they have to be more careful in entering which delays their time of coming back to Gus.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Really crazy people are saying Lalo was playing chess while Gus was playing checkers. Everything worked out but Lalo just talked too much. Plus Gus has to live. Out of here till next week 👀

Actually, the other way around... Lalo's fatal mistake was ALLOWING GUS to talk too much. Lalo never should have allowed Gus to have any "last words".

zayk35

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Escondido California
Gus playing 5D chess when he planted the gun earlier in the season :wow:

If he pulls up at the nursing home on his :mjgrin:

Gus made his crib a trap home, rather than a trap house. Don't ask me how.

Mike looking at the grave like :francis: at the end, knowing the wicked and the just get killed by the game alike.

Seeing a top boy lawyer, and a psychopath drug dealer, in a hole together about to get sealed into the foundations of the superlab - it makes so much sense why there was so much fukkery in BB, surrounding that place. It's like some 'built a housing complex on ancient burial ground' shyt. :mjlol:
I wish Gus could pull up and gloat but Hector would've rung the bell on him. Remember Tuco still alive at this point and the evil twins wouldn't have ever let that shyt slide.

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
I wish Gus could pull up and gloat but Hector would've rung the bell on him. Remember Tuco still alive at this point and the evil twins wouldn't have ever let that shyt slide.

If it came to that - Gus would have had Mike murk all of them without thinking twice.:russ:

Gus has a whole fake house, complete with a WHOLE FAKE GUS and he's supposed to be shook of a Hector's tweaker nephew, after he put Lalo in the foundation of the lab? :pachaha:

Tuco was only scary to Walt, Jesse and Crazy 8. None of the real players would have sweated him. At all. :manny:

The twins couldn't even get Hank out of here when they had the drop on him. :mjlol:

Matter of fact - I completely forgot - Gus killed THE CARTEL. Mr. 'TightTightTight' and Super :birdman:Bros. ain't about to do shyt.

Last edited:

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
no she was just worried for him…y’all are overanalyzing that scene to the point of it being absurd…he didn’t want to leave her alone with lalo and she didn’t want to leave jimmy alone with him either…that’s it

what could/probably will lead to their breakup tho as a result of this is that she was willing to carry out the deed even tho there was an opportunity to get help from the police…I think she’s going to come to terms with what she’s become or will become due to her love for jimmy (then you couple that with howard’s death/what their lives have turned into)…but there should be no misconception about him trying to save her by getting her out of the apartment…he wanted her away from lalo and she understood that…this wasn’t some sinister well-thought out plan by “saul” to throw her under the bus…it was a desperate plea from a man attempting to save his wife…luckily for them lalo couldn’t care less which one of them went over there

It's not overanalyzing. Throughout the series, Kim have seen the best and the worst of Jimmy. She been lied to, deceived and tricked and knows what Chuck told her about he ALWAYS means well, but cannot help himself. It's not overanalyzing or isn't even deep, it's just a consistency of how Jimmy/Saul is and Kim knowing very well who he is. It's why she couldn't even look him in the eye and appeared vehemently upset.

That's most likely the start of the break-up only to magnify once or if Jimmy learns that she always knew Lalo was alive. If all this time Jimmy NEVER went to the police over this situation of Lalo to the point that he now has a reputation, why would he ASSUME she going to the police, especially that'll make Lalo kill Jimmy immediately? You, actually the one overthinking this when all you have to do is understand the type of person Jimmy/Saul is. The same person who lied his way through the review board to in order to be reinstated, again fooling Kim. It is just a fact that we are near the actual crossroads of Jimmy becoming full Saul.

And even though Kim could've run off or go to the police. Saul/Jimmy as well as Kim believed or feared that Lalo had people trailing her to do the deed. There's also the risk of whomever she tries to kill, they or people on that side KILL HER FIRST, she's literally venturing to an unknown, and that's why she's upset because Jimmy put her out there taking a risk of her life. It's only FORTUNATE that Mike was there.

So, yes... it's ambiguous, but it WAS more than likely sinister than sincere to save her.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Fred.

Lalo entire plan was a diversion to prove the secret warehouse exist. Lalo was on a time crunch to ensure Gus' henchmen left to go to Jimmy's apartment. It's not that he was impatient, but it's because Gus KNOWS that Lalo is alive, have phone taps and is heavily guarded. This was the only way he could get Gus out in the open.

As for why he didn't kill Jimmy, he could if he wanted, but he didn't have to. Lalo been someone who's unpredictable and maybe could use Jimmy in future adventures whenever he feels like, especially since he has something over Jimmy.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I forgot that Tuco is still a possible threat once he's out of prison. If he's going to return this season.

jackswstd

Retired
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I’m glad they didn’t drag out Lalo’s death. It’s better they got it out of the way in the first episode back. It was a little bit sad seeing such a great character go out with a whimper but we all knew it was coming somehow. Now it’s time to see what happens to Kim and her whereabouts during BB, and how Gene/Saul’s story concludes.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
naw, hector also knows that everybody would think hes crazy if he said lalo was still alive after the dentals on his fake body came up positive. hector is in a strange situation, hes stuck in a chair with barely being able to communicate.

i expect fring to show him the vid

:lolbron:

Last edited:

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
naw, hector also knows that everybody would think hes crazy if he said lalo was still alive after the dentals on his fake body came up positive. hector is in a strange situation, hes stuck in a chair with barely being able to communicate.

i expect fring to show him the vid

:lolbron:
"Naw Hector, check out this vid, I killed your whore of a nephew"

lil-yachty-drake.gif

zayk35

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Escondido California
If it came to that - Gus would have had Mike murk all of them without thinking twice.:russ:

Gus has a whole fake house, complete with a WHOLE FAKE GUS and he's supposed to be shook of a Hector's tweaker nephew, after he put Lalo in the foundation of the lab? :pachaha:

Tuco was only scary to Walt, Jesse and Crazy 8. None of the real players would have sweated him. At all. :manny:

The twins couldn't even get Hank out of here when they had the drop on him. :mjlol:

Matter of fact - I completely forgot - Gus killed THE CARTEL. Mr. 'TightTightTight' and Super :birdman:Bros. ain't about to do shyt.
All facts too

jaguar paw

Music Junkie
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Optimistic But I Got Hands Tho
Actually, the other way around... Lalo's fatal mistake was ALLOWING GUS to talk too much. Lalo never should have allowed Gus to have any "last words".

Yeah and letting Gus walk around in his unfinished laboratory that he’s been building day in day out for months and knows where shyt is at (even in the dark) with no sort of hand or feet constraints….

:dead: