The Official "Better Call Saul" Season 4 Thread.

BuddahMAC

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Great episode and great cinematography. I loved all of the mirror shots

Great point. Those mirror shots were all about Jimmy & Kim facing themselves as they worked out what was going to go forward. Jimmy's issues aren't with Kim, she's definitive ride or die, but with himself and how he views she's perceiving him as less than a potential equal professionally. If he can't get over that shyt, that's spelling out how they end, but, again, that's all on Jimmy/Saul not recognizing what he has, and that's what will make the end of this series that much more tragic.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Whatever is going on inside the head of Werner or with his body physically, it won't be good when Gus finds out :francis:. Not sure if he is sick (cancer) or came to the conclusion Gus is :demonic:when the job is done, but Mike gotta handle another mess :beli:.

Gus already agitated with Lalo making surprise visits :martin:., with no warning from Nacho :hubie:.

Agreed the biggest moment was the Kim/Jimmy fight at the end. The way he was speeding in the car up the parking garage was :bryan:. When she listed all the ways she helped him and told him "You're always down." shyt hits you in the soul :wow:and it hurts even worse considering who it's coming from and the recognition that it's true :mjcry:. Chuck still playing a big factor in Jimmy's life after his death.

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
That interview scene where one of the panel asks him his influence for being a lawyer and he doesn't mention his locally legal legend brother when we all expect the shyt-talking Saul to evoke the name to draw the sympathy card on top of everything else to be able to practice law again? And then the whole rooftop scene with Kim confronting him on why he didn't play the Chuck card which simultaneously is showing what an obvious play it is to make and how Jimmy's buried all his Chuck shyt so much at this point he can't even pull it out to his advantage?

Holy shyt that is precise writing and payoff at the deepest of character levels for everything this series has built.

Plus all of Jimmy's personal inadequacies of not being a good enough lawyer that was mostly built off his relationship w/ Chuck feeding into the destruction of his relationship with Kim as they work every way but professionally together, but that's where Jimmy's most vulnerable? Again, such good writing/structure/character.

And the building of Lalo & Nacho (Ignacio), Mike & the Germans, Gus's attempting an empire showing all of the work that went into what Walt fell into, etc...

I really enjoy the fleshing out of this world and these characters and, as slow as it is, I'm down for this ride.

Also, if you don't have or haven't had at some point, a Kim in your life, you're missing out.

Lastly, while we had fractures surface in this ep, this show ultimately ends when Jimmy/Kim part ways permanently. Rhea Seehorn is the soul of this series as Jimmy's was fated to fall and Mike's was lost with his son.

Great point. Those mirror shots were all about Jimmy & Kim facing themselves as they worked out what was going to go forward. Jimmy's issues aren't with Kim, she's definitive ride or die, but with himself and how he views she's perceiving him as less than a potential equal professionally. If he can't get over that shyt, that's spelling out how they end, but, again, that's all on Jimmy/Saul not recognizing what he has, and that's what will make the end of this series that much more tragic.

You should write or do videos reviewing or talking about tv/film. Those breakdowns are something else:wow:

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
Bruh - even the bell has a criminal backstory. :mindblown:

I just assumed it was given to him at the hospital at some point. There might not be a single plot point left unaccounted for by the time we're done :wow:

Lalo has the cheerful psychotic nature of a Tarantino character :picard:

Saul Goodman was a creation of necessity, after all this time, not just a rebrand :ohhh:and Kim is going to help him get it done.

Werner - you fukked up, dude. Bad. :martin:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
The letter is the workload instructions

Lol I wanna see mikes explanation for his sh!tty security to fring

Yeah after I sat and thought about it a sec I remembered he had a diagram with the letter. At first I thought he was saying he was gonna bounce with another copy of it and black mail them....but he's obviously going to see his wife and left the diagram as instructions to his team.

Anyway....he fukked up.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
That interview scene where one of the panel asks him his influence for being a lawyer and he doesn't mention his locally legal legend brother when we all expect the shyt-talking Saul to evoke the name to draw the sympathy card on top of everything else to be able to practice law again? And then the whole rooftop scene with Kim confronting him on why he didn't play the Chuck card which simultaneously is showing what an obvious play it is to make and how Jimmy's buried all his Chuck shyt so much at this point he can't even pull it out to his advantage?

Holy shyt that is precise writing and payoff at the deepest of character levels for everything this series has built.

Plus all of Jimmy's personal inadequacies of not being a good enough lawyer that was mostly built off his relationship w/ Chuck feeding into the destruction of his relationship with Kim as they work every way but professionally together, but that's where Jimmy's most vulnerable? Again, such good writing/structure/character.

And the building of Lalo & Nacho (Ignacio), Mike & the Germans, Gus's attempting an empire showing all of the work that went into what Walt fell into, etc...

I really enjoy the fleshing out of this world and these characters and, as slow as it is, I'm down for this ride.

Also, if you don't have or haven't had at some point, a Kim in your life, you're missing out.

Lastly, while we had fractures surface in this ep, this show ultimately ends when Jimmy/Kim part ways permanently. Rhea Seehorn is the soul of this series as Jimmy's was fated to fall and Mike's was lost with his son.

Prolific posting. Repped.

Fred.

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And a lot of that insecurity comes from chuck. “You’re not a real lawyer, you should be working in the mailroom”. Of course jimmy says he never thinks about chuck :mjpls:

No Ma’am

Bang, Bang, Bang
Daps
Chuck told young Jimmy he was never going to be shyt and his ride or die hittin' him with that same shyt :mjcry:
I think we going to see Lalo slappin' Tuco around for being a nuckle-head when he gets released :russ:

If Tuco never get's locked up Hector never get's crippled

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That German gotta be one of the dumbest characters in TV history. He doesn't know Gus like we know Gus....but a shady individual is paying you a ton of money to live completely cut off from civilization, and build some kind of underground structure nobody can know about....why the fukk would you want to cross someone like that? :dahell:

I don't even know what his end game is. I seen he left a letter, at first I thought it was a suicide note. Well, it is a suicide note, in a way.

Fred.

A classic case of cabin fever. The signs were all there. He tried to appear normal, but him asking for normalcy was a clue he was internally breaking. Then when Mike damn near threatened him after the German was talking too loosely with strangers, I think that's where he was beginning to reach his breaking point. It isn't really because he misses his wife at all. It's because he was cracking up overall. His needing to see his wife was just an excuse.