The Official "Better Call Saul" Season 4 Thread.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Something I forgot to mention earlier, when Jimmy and Kim are in the diner and he mentions "the clients only know me as Saul Goodman" because of his cell phone business cards....that was some damn fine writing. It's the perfect bridge from where he currently is, to Saul.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
That German gotta be one of the dumbest characters in TV history. He doesn't know Gus like we know Gus....but a shady individual is paying you a ton of money to live completely cut off from civilization, and build some kind of underground structure nobody can know about....why the fukk would you want to cross someone like that? :dahell:

I don't even know what his end game is. I seen he left a letter, at first I thought it was a suicide note. Well, it is a suicide note, in a way.

Fred.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He had the foresight and alertness that he would get murked by Gus....same as Walt did when Gale was brought back on board.

My man got the hell outta dodge:youngsabo:
Naw he just wanna knock the cobb webs off

Daps
We throw the word around a lot but the "Jimmy, you're always down" was full fledged, high grade ether.

You know that shyt was burning Jimmy's soul slow. Dude couldn't come home till like 10pm 'cause of the potency of that ether.

How are you supposed to see your girl again after that? Gonna get under the bed sheets with her saying your goodnights like:

:wow:

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That German gotta be one of the dumbest characters in TV history. He doesn't know Gus like we know Gus....but a shady individual is paying you a ton of money to live completely cut off from civilization, and build some kind of underground structure nobody can know about....why the fukk would you want to cross someone like that? :dahell:

I don't even know what his end game is. I seen he left a letter, at first I thought it was a suicide note. Well, it is a suicide note, in a way.

Fred.
The letter is the workload instructions

Lol I wanna see mikes explanation for his sh!tty security to fring

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
The letter is the workload instructions

Lol I wanna see mikes explanation for his sh!tty security to fring
Definitely this.

Remember when he shunned the idea of bringing hookers there when Kai alluded to it?

You don't take a horny, loose cannon like him to a strip club and NOT expect him to get a little too touchy feely with the women.

That warehouse should have been LACED with thots every Friday.

That's always been Mike's problem. He feels like he can tame everyone who resists him....and it caught up with him in the end.

BuddahMAC

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That interview scene where one of the panel asks him his influence for being a lawyer and he doesn't mention his locally legal legend brother when we all expect the shyt-talking Saul to evoke the name to draw the sympathy card on top of everything else to be able to practice law again? And then the whole rooftop scene with Kim confronting him on why he didn't play the Chuck card which simultaneously is showing what an obvious play it is to make and how Jimmy's buried all his Chuck shyt so much at this point he can't even pull it out to his advantage?

Holy shyt that is precise writing and payoff at the deepest of character levels for everything this series has built.

Plus all of Jimmy's personal inadequacies of not being a good enough lawyer that was mostly built off his relationship w/ Chuck feeding into the destruction of his relationship with Kim as they work every way but professionally together, but that's where Jimmy's most vulnerable? Again, such good writing/structure/character.

And the building of Lalo & Nacho (Ignacio), Mike & the Germans, Gus's attempting an empire showing all of the work that went into what Walt fell into, etc...

I really enjoy the fleshing out of this world and these characters and, as slow as it is, I'm down for this ride.

Also, if you don't have or haven't had at some point, a Kim in your life, you're missing out.

Lastly, while we had fractures surface in this ep, this show ultimately ends when Jimmy/Kim part ways permanently. Rhea Seehorn is the soul of this series as Jimmy's was fated to fall and Mike's was lost with his son.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I dunno how Jimmy can get over that Kim ether. :francis:

I’m guessing that Jimmy changes his legal name to Saul Goodman and then takes the bar exam under that name and becomes a lawyer again. Although, that seems too easy :patrice:

Great episode and great cinematography. I loved all of the mirror shots