The Official "Better Call Saul" Season 3 Thread

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
So I was thinking about a timeline technicality but then I realized we must be parallel to the breaking bad universe. I was thinking of when Gus and Max met Don Eladio in breaking bad episode hermanos but did some research and found out that happened twenty years before the start of breaking bad. What made me question things was during this episode when Bolsa said that Gus wanted to come see Don Eladio and pay his respects or whatever he said. I didn't realize at first watch that they had already met before. So it looks like this whole hatred for Hector that Gus has was from him killing Max. As well as Hector feeling ill will towards Gus, with both vying for Don Eladios approval. I'm guessing that's why he tells Mike that it's not in his best interest to have Hector killed. He can't mess up his boss money.

Speaking of Hector, maybe I'm reaching but did anyone notice the subliminal in that scene? When everyone goes inside, and he's standing by the pool, you can hear some dings in the background. Dings that symbolize a forewarning to his fate.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You see Chuck didn't plan how they would retaliate but Howard did. The tape would make Jimmy and Kim look bad if it's played at the hearing. They go with the plan to discredit Chuck while Chuck has a sympathetic prosecutor who is looking out for him. Chuck will look bad and Kim will be collateral damage , her rep will be hurt hence. Both brothers and Kim will get rocked leaving the Hamlin and Hamlin portion of the firm to asborb Kim business with this group. In one swipe he rids himself of Chuck and gets a huge payday.

I seriously hope Kim doesn't take that L

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
nduemmkw52vy.png

:scust: WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Really playing on the speculation that Gus and his boy was gay. Gus liked it in the butt .:francis:

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So I was thinking about a timeline technicality but then I realized we must be parallel to the breaking bad universe. I was thinking of when Gus and Max met Don Eladio in breaking bad episode hermanos but did some research and found out that happened twenty years before the start of breaking bad. What made me question things was during this episode when Bolsa said that Gus wanted to come see Don Eladio and pay his respects or whatever he said. I didn't realize at first watch that they had already met before. So it looks like this whole hatred for Hector that Gus has was from him killing Max. As well as Hector feeling ill will towards Gus, with both vying for Don Eladios approval. I'm guessing that's why he tells Mike that it's not in his best interest to have Hector killed. He can't mess up his boss money.

Speaking of Hector, maybe I'm reaching but did anyone notice the subliminal in that scene? When everyone goes inside, and he's standing by the pool, you can hear some dings in the background. Dings that symbolize a forewarning to his fate.

Gus wanted to humiliate hector and take over the full distribution of the southwest for the cartel. Gus wants to kill Hector at his choosing for killing his buddy

The pool does represent death though

Daps
Yeah, I remmy she gets off husting on people when Kim trick Ken into paying their rather expensive tab when they drink an outrageously overpriced bottle of tequila but it has nothing to do with her as a lawyer things. When come to the laws, Kim is a serious professional lawyer
and she takes her job very serious unlike Jimmy. That's why Kim warns Jimmy like :whoa: "You don't do that". Kim still ain't even know that Jimmy did the illgeal shyt when he changed the number address for her to get the case

Kim just did her job as a lawyer, it's her strategy way to get the info like :jbhmm: "I wonder if there's a copy of the tape that Chuck might plays it in the court" so that's why she asked him and she was like "Bingo". It's easy to win cause I can picture.

The bar hearing could get interesting, when it comes out that there's a copy of the tape.

:leostare:Judge to Chuck: Why did you make a copy of the tape?

:jawalrus:Chuck: Because I knew Jimmy would try to destroy it.

:leostare:Judge: But how would Jimmy even know the tape existed?

:skip:Chuck: Um, because I told Ernie.

Why would Chuck say he told Ernie instead of simply saying Ernie heard the tape, and he suspected Ernie would tell Jimmy, since they're friends?:wtf:

That was his plan from the beginning, why would he deviate from that at the bar hearing?

I guess Mike switching the tapes could make sense, but how would Mike even know where the tape was? Seems like a huge unknown for a plan to hinge on. Just like Mike knowing where those folks hid that embezzlement money would be a huge unknown so they showed how Mike figured out where they were hiding it.

And what was the purpose of the pics he was taking? They specifically highlighted the pic of the lantern on top of the New York Times... Jimmy sent him there to take certain kinds of pictures, and he was particularly pleased with that one.

robb

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Dallas
Really playing on the speculation that Gus and his boy was gay. Gus liked it in the butt .:francis:
the translation is wrong here.
hermanos culeros = a$$hole brothers. not so much as butt brothers.

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
I don't think they'll fukk with the tape because Chuck can have many copies. Even if they do, Mike hasn't switched them yet.
Also Howard heard the tape and knows it's real.

The last convo Kim has with Chuck she gets a confirmation that 1)Chuck will play the tape at the hearing 2)Chuck meant the tape as bait and wanted the original as evidence all along because it was a copy that was destroyed 3)Chuck knew the tape wouldn't play in criminal court but would play in a disbarring hearing

if Kim happened to be recording at the time of the convo :leon: even better

they would have even more proof now that Chuck is a lunatic trying to set whole thing up just to disbar Jimmy because of his own mistakes.

all those pics Mike was taking is to show how much of a nutcase Chuck is. the address in the address book Mike found is either Chuck's ex wife or the storage where tape is stored. I think it's the former. Tons of people out there who will vouch for Chuck as a giant nutcase. I'm sure Ernie would testify too :heh:
Tend to agree with you. I don't think they switched the tape, not yet at least.

Why would a guy as methodical as Chuck wait till the court date to play the tape again? If they switched it, he'd catch it beforehand.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Is it just me, or is he not switching off his fake "Chilean" accent? I don't remember Buggin' Out sounding like that

what's amazing is what i heard on the podcast.... dude doesn't even speak spanish. everything from that episode with the don, he just memorized it phonetically

he's actually black and italian.. so if he has any natural accent, it's italian

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I was like a fukking season behind up until about two weeks ago but I finally caught up. Love the slow burn with Jimmy and Chuck is such a detestable motherfukker but what a character he is. I'm loving that dynamic.

I like Kim too but she ain't as straight laced as it might seem. We've seen the signs. We've seen her fukking people over. She's on the right side of the law but the darkness is at the very least intriguing for her and she definitely is ride or die :obama:

Don Eladio!! :blessed:

Mike on his shyt, man. :wow: :wow:

After the slow burn of seasons 1 and 2 I feel like this show is now firing on all cylinders. We got Mike, Gus, Hector etc.. maybe Don Eladio and Bolsa with more prominent roles and that's in addition to Saul, Kim and Chuck. I like where all this is heading.

The world building in Breaking Bad universe tho :wow: :ohlawd:

"Los Culos Hermanos :jawalrus:" :wow: :picard: