The Official "Better Call Saul" Season 2 Thread

Pifferry

blegh
Daps
Relationship clearly wasn't over if she took him back shortly after he granted her what she "wanted" when he signed the divorce papers.

Skyler was as much of an abuser as walt.
You're bringing up incidents that are post the topic of discussion, that refutes none of what I said.
If you want to have a discussion on the idiocy, wishy-washiness, hypocrisy and immorality of the decisions Skyler makes post One Minute as well as the extent of her culpability then we could have that, but that's not what we're having.
The relationship was over then.
"Skyler was as much of an abuser as walt."
Kids who may have trapped and poured water on Ants once are just as evil as Hitler.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
You're bringing up incidents that are post the topic of discussion, that refutes none of what I said.
If you want to have a discussion on the idiocy, wishy-washiness, hypocrisy and immorality of the decisions Skyler makes post One Minute as well as the extent of her culpability then we could have that, but that's not what we're having.
The relationship was over then.
"Skyler was as much of an abuser as walt."
Kids who may have trapped and poured water on Ants once are just as evil as Hitler.
Cool

ryderldb

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Eh....

Mesa Verde is the client, it's up to them to choose where to go. They picked HHM because of Kim. Kim left, they decided to go with her.

Hamlin wanted them back so he set up a meeting. Chuck wasn't even concerned with getting them back until he heard Jimmy and Kim had them.

After that he went to the meeting personally....a guy that never leaves his house.

So if you want to get technical, no Chuck didn't do anything wrong on the surface. He just retained a client. But he only wanted to retain the client to fukk over Jimmy. That's a dikk head move, and ample reason to dislike Chuck.

The major difference between Jimmy and Chuck is Jimmy usually does shady shyt with good intentions. For Mesa Verde Chuck did everything by the books with bad intentions.

Fred.

No shady shyt? The entire meeting was done to put doubt in the abilities of Kim and fukk over Jimmy in the process.

He wanted to play dirty, but wasn't dirty enough.
I'm gonna have to rewatch that episode. I don't remember Chuck only going to that meeting once he heard they went with Kim. If so, then yeah fukk Chuck all day.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I'm gonna have to rewatch that episode. I don't remember Chuck only going to that meeting once he heard they went with Kim. If so, then yeah fukk Chuck all day.

Hamlin told him Kim left with Mesa Verde and asked for tips to bring up during the meeting to try and get them back, because compliance law is more Chuck's specialty. Chuck asked Hamlin how Kim would manage the case on her own, and Hamlin told him Jimmy was helping her.

As soon as Chuck heard Jimmy's name he went into his closet and grabbed a suit. Even Hamlin was like :dahell: "what are you doing?"

Like I said when the ep first aired, the jealousy he has for Jimmy is stronger than his mental illness.

Fred.

ryderldb

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hamlin told him Kim left with Mesa Verde and asked for tips to bring up during the meeting to try and get them back, because compliance law is more Chuck's specialty. Chuck asked Hamlin how Kim would manage the case on her own, and Hamlin told him Jimmy was helping her.

As soon as Chuck heard Jimmy's name he went into his closet and grabbed a suit. Even Hamlin was like :dahell: "what are you doing?"

Like I said when the ep first aired, the jealousy he has for Jimmy is stronger than his mental illness.

Fred.
I thought he went to the meeting so he could help Hamlin since compliance law wasn't his thing. Gotta pay more attention.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Robbo

All Star
Daps
I thought he went to the meeting so he could help Hamlin since compliance law wasn't his thing. Gotta pay more attention.

Hamlin was asking for pointers, but when Chuck found out about Jimmy and Kim pooling their resources, Chuck's demeanor changed. That's what made him go out of his way to make sure they got Mesa Verde back.

Pifferry

blegh
Daps
Hamlin was asking for pointers, but when Chuck found out about Jimmy and Kim pooling their resources, Chuck's demeanor changed. That's what made him go out of his way to make sure they got Mesa Verde back.
It's definitely more about Jimmy than Kim though.
I just think its incorrect to say he has some beef with her.

Robbo

All Star
Daps
It's definitely more about Jimmy than Kim though.
I just think its incorrect to say he has some beef with her.

yea its all about Jimmy. I don't think he'd have an issue if it were just Kim doing her thing, but Chuck doesn't want Jimmy to succeed at all.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
:snoop:Why does Chuck have it out so bad for Jimmy. Couldn't have just let it go and retired as a respected Lawyer. Now Jimmy gonna carry the death of Chuck (If he is dead) on his shoulders and Kim gon bail on their partnership as soon as she finds out. Like Chuck told her, she's an accessory after the fact now so she's going down if they find out what Jimmy did. And I'm guessing they will find out now.

:banderas:Finale better start off with that commercial Jimmy been working on.
chuck found out jimmy was robbing their dad blind

then kept stressing his mom out, getting locked up, and having chuck come rescue him

then finally.. took some cheating ass way (to chuck) to start practicing law... remember he's no criminal lawyer.. he respects the law, loves the law and doesn't want jimmy involved in it, with his hustling ways

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
OG Kim basically broke down Chuck's relationship with Jimmy & why we, as the viewer, should not like him. Jimmy's always there for Chuck because he admires him, but Chuck doesn't have the same admiration for Jimmy.

And Chuck had all of this coming. He had no business halting Kim's career because she's friends with Jimmy. Jimmy was just evening the score since Kim won that contract on her own, and they swooped in & buried her.
why would you admire someone who conned your father breh

i thought it was implied that chuck wasn't the one who halted it... when he spoke to hamlin about letting her back, hamlin was still mad as fukk at kim after the fact... so i don't think it was him

and what law firm.. or ANY company.. would let a multimillion dollar business walk out the door without even so much as a sales pitch

come on now