The Official "Better Call Saul" Season 2 Thread

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
I don't fukking understand fans.
Walt was fukking abusing his family and acting like a demon from hell yet you see Skyler fukk Ted after Walt broke into their house, used the kids as props to blackmail Skyler and intimidate the cops, absolutely refused to sign the divorce papers for weeks, and acted like a total twat.
Not to mention that she gave Ted the money so they wouldn't get found out and that Walts activity literally put them all in danger of murder yet it's fukk Sky.
(walt never got him back btw, skyler screwed him)
I cheered when she said IFT :manny:

Everything Walt had done up until that point he had done for his family because he thought he was going to die. He didn't become selfish until he saw Jesse using his formula solo.

Skylar acted like it was the end of the world when she thought Walt was fukking Gretchen but it's ok for her to have an affair? Which she only told him about to clearly try to hurt him.

She gave Ted the money because she was a fukking idiot.

And how did Skyler screw him when that fukking idiot took the money she gave him and went splurged on a car. Had he just paid off the IRS he would've never got fukked up.

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
You really think the show is trying to tell you just not to like Chuck (they arent btw if you ever listen to the creators talk about Chuck/Jimmy though, but thats not influencing my opinion on Chuck anyways) or that Kim's word is law? "We as a view should not like him" is such a ridiculous statement, don't tell me what I should be doing.
Chuck DID NOT create Jimmy which is what she said, might as well say Jimmy created Chuck by lying to Chuck for all of his life pre ABQ.
Chuck's guilty of backstabbing Jimmy and not being upfront with him while using him for labor which is incredibly hypocritical and scumbaggish and more than enough for Jimmy to tell him to fukk off.
But he had no obligation to give Jimmy a job at HMM and show watchers are freaking insane for thinking that Chuck had a moral obligation to, and they're ridiculous for thinking that Chuck could have gotten over 20+ years of Jimmy slipping easily like we are because we're only watching the tail end of their relationships, people don't work like that.
(not to ignore Chuck's jealousy and other issues)
Also he NEVER halted Kim's career, that was all Hamlin because Jimmy hurt his reputation with Cliff and Chuck because he went behind Chuck to get that job.
He literally has no problem with her and thinks Jimmy is screwing Kim, plus it was his job to keep Mesa Verde.
Also I don't understand you admiration point in relation to Chuck not admiring Jimmy, why should he? Why is that a knock against him?

Whether or not you want to admit it, Jimmy is the protagonist on the show so far. Everything ethically wrong he's done has been somewhat justified. That's what I meant by having Chuck being protrayed as the antagonist to Jimmy. And I don't think anyone thinks Chuck had an obligation to get Jimmy a job. As far as we know, Jimmy worked pretty hard on the side to pass the bar and become an attorney. For Chuck to downplay his failure of a little brother getting his life together and trying to be something better is the reason why I hate Chuck.

Freddie.Cane

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
305 Canes, Dolphins, and Heat
I don't fukking understand fans.
Walt was fukking abusing his family and acting like a demon from hell yet you see Skyler fukk Ted after Walt broke into their house, used the kids as props to blackmail Skyler and intimidate the cops, absolutely refused to sign the divorce papers for weeks, and acted like a total twat.
Not to mention that she gave Ted the money so they wouldn't get found out and that Walts activity literally put them all in danger of murder yet it's fukk Sky.
(walt never got him back btw, skyler screwed him)
I cheered when she said IFT :manny:
View media item 7881

Silkk

Daps
I don't fukk with Chuck, but he didn't deserve this shyt from Jimmy.
What shyt? It's not like Jimmy hit him in the head with a bat.

He started this shyt last season when he showed jimmy who he truly was. An envious bytch.

ryderldb

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What shyt? It's not like Jimmy hit him in the head with a bat.

He started this shyt last season when he showed jimmy who he truly was. An envious bytch.
The whole changing addresses in the Mesa verde file shyt. It's not like they stole the client from Kim.

ryderldb

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He did steal the client from Kim:dahell:
Not in my eyes. Mesa verde was an hhm client. Kim won them over at lunch, then hhm retained them in a meeting a few days after. That shyt was done fairly. I know it was part of his sales pitch but chuck even gave props to Kim in the meeting. There was no shady shyt that went down. I mean even at the end of last weeks episode Kim was still down with being a solo practitioner despite losing Mesa verde. Jimmy really didn't need to do that shyt to chuck.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
He did steal the client from Kim:dahell:
but we can say kim stole them from hhm. as chuck said he simply retained his client
Not in my eyes. Mesa verde was an hhm client. Kim won them over at lunch, then hhm retained them in a meeting a few days after. That shyt was done fairly. I know it was part of his sales pitch but chuck even gave props to Kim in the meeting. There was no shady shyt that went down. I mean even at the end of last weeks episode Kim was still down with being a solo practitioner despite losing Mesa verde. Jimmy really didn't need to do that shyt to chuck.

Eh....

Mesa Verde is the client, it's up to them to choose where to go. They picked HHM because of Kim. Kim left, they decided to go with her.

Hamlin wanted them back so he set up a meeting. Chuck wasn't even concerned with getting them back until he heard Jimmy and Kim had them.

After that he went to the meeting personally....a guy that never leaves his house.

So if you want to get technical, no Chuck didn't do anything wrong on the surface. He just retained a client. But he only wanted to retain the client to fukk over Jimmy. That's a dikk head move, and ample reason to dislike Chuck.

The major difference between Jimmy and Chuck is Jimmy usually does shady shyt with good intentions. For Mesa Verde Chuck did everything by the books with bad intentions.

Fred.

Silkk

Daps
No shady shyt? The entire meeting was done to put doubt in the abilities of Kim and fukk over Jimmy in the process.

He wanted to play dirty, but wasn't dirty enough.

Silkk

Daps
but we can say kim stole them from hhm. as chuck said he simply retained his client
You can if you want, i'm just saying there is no innocent party. If you want to be a slimeball just better make sure you're :flabbynsick: mental state can handle it. He brought it on himself.

Pifferry

blegh
Daps
Everything Walt had done up until that point he had done for his family because he thought he was going to die. He didn't become selfish until he saw Jesse using his formula solo.

Skylar acted like it was the end of the world when she thought Walt was fukking Gretchen but it's ok for her to have an affair? Which she only told him about to clearly try to hurt him.

She gave Ted the money because she was a fukking idiot.

And how did Skyler screw him when that fukking idiot took the money she gave him and went splurged on a car. Had he just paid off the IRS he would've never got fukked up.
1)You want to know the moment Walt wasn't doing it for his family?
In episode one of season one when after a whole episode of him feeling emasculated he started his meth selling occupation and when Jesse asked him why Walt said "I'm Awake".
When was this strengthened? When he came home feeling like a "real man" and fukked Skyler.
When was this confirmed? When he turned down Grey Matter.
When should this have been as obvious as it could possible get?
When he blew Tuco's place the fukk up.
And then it was drilled in many many times in season 2 as Walt tried to reaffirm his masculinity culminating in "stay out of my territory".
It was all for the sake of his ego from day one, his family was just the perfect excuse.

2)Skyler thinking he had an affair with Gretchen is irrelevant.
Ummm you do realize that by the point Skyler fukked Ted Walt had been acting like a complete twat for months right? Like he was not being a good husband whatsoever, and Skyler was willing to let that slide when she thought he was selling weed but decided to break it off once she found out it was meth, but she still opted not to go to the police (which was a mistake), and tried to divorce him only for Walt to act like a petulant child from hell and harass her for weeks, emotionally abuse her, refuse to sign the divorce papers, manipulate Flynn, use the baby as a prop, and repeatedly mention how he doesn't give a fukk about her decision or emotions in the situation because it's not what he wants.
THERE WAS NO RELATIONSHIP, there was only an abuser, Skyler had every right to fukk Ted as she broke up with Walter and that was the only way he would ever leave her alone.

3)Giving Ted the money was not an idiotic move, it was the easy thing to do to get the IRS off of their backs but no one could have predicted just how much of a shmuck Ted would be.
Keep in mind that the only reason it was a problem was because fukking Walt got involved in shyt that could get his family killed, this is the man that had Mexican terminators coming into his house yet Skyler is the one that should be blasted for giving the money?
Her only dumb move was revealing herself to Ted.

4)You said Walt screwed him, I said no he didn't Skyler did as her sending Huel and Kuby to force him to send the check lead to him being paralyzed.
Direct result of her actions that was followed up by her intimidating him.

5)Is Skyler an idiot like essentially almost everyone on this show? Yes.
Is it for the reasons you listed?
Nope not at all.
Whether or not you want to admit it, Jimmy is the protagonist on the show so far. Everything ethically wrong he's done has been somewhat justified. That's what I meant by having Chuck being protrayed as the antagonist to Jimmy. And I don't think anyone thinks Chuck had an obligation to get Jimmy a job. As far as we know, Jimmy worked pretty hard on the side to pass the bar and become an attorney. For Chuck to downplay his failure of a little brother getting his life together and trying to be something better is the reason why I hate Chuck.
"Whether you admit it or not" What's there for me to admit? He's the protagonist, I know this, do you want me to admit that the water is wet as well? What's that supposed to change about what I said?
Are you arguing that him being the protagonist means i'm supposed to morally clear Jimmy's actions?
Yes Chuck is the antagonist, antagonist doesn't equal villain, nor does it mean character you blankently dislike.
As far as we know Jimmy got a cheap degree at an online school which would be worth squat in the real world, if he got a job at HMM that would be absurd as it's actually really important which law school you go to, their educations were nowhere near equal.
Now is part of that elitism? Yes, but Jimmy still took the "easy" route which grates on Chuck, and while you can say but "jimmy got his life together", you have the luxury of not spending 20+ years watching him fukk up like Chuck did.
Do I believe he should have given him the job or seriously put him on the track elsewhere to eventually come back to HMM with a full job once he was more skilled? Yes I do, I believe in rehabilitation.
But do I fault Chuck for not being able to get over his past and give him a job at the firm he built which is his reputation?
No, I only fault him for his hypocrisy and general bytchassery.

Silkk

Daps
@Pifferry Not reading all that shyt. Walt being a "twat" is an excuse for his wife to fukk another man multiple times?