The Official "Better Call Saul" Season 2 Thread

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I do agree this is the best episode of the show so far but what you're describing is how they've written since "Breaking Bad". Let things cook for 90% of the season then things spiral out of control in the last couple eps.

Fred.
true, it always end like that with BB. But you'll either have some classic arguments, conflict, action throughout the seasons. Even with the season 1 of BB which is more comedic, you had edge of your seat "action" in the sense what are these 2 fools gonna do next.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
true, it always end like that with BB. But you'll either have some classic arguments, conflict, action throughout the seasons. Even with the season 1 of BB which is more comedic, you had edge of your seat "action" in the sense what are these 2 fools gonna do next.

Yeah I agree. But right out the gate this show has a couple things working against it that "BB" didn't, from a writing perspective.

1. We know 90% of the cast doesn't die because it's a prequel.

2. Worst case scenario Jimmy becomes Saul. Whereas in "BB" the worst case scenario was every character on the show dies.

There is still a ton of drama to mine from the material they have but I never really expected this show to have a "Crawl Space" moment, for example.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:comeon: Who robs a truck and cuts the tires open? Once you see that you gotta know they weren't looking for something legal. That good Samaritan was extremely naive.

:dwillhuh:

Why would they even look at the truck? Dude is hogtied on the side of the road. That would catch their attention, not the condition of the tires 20 feet away.

Fred.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
I'm still just on the side of "it's ok:manny:" as a show, not must see i.m.o like how BB was or Game Of Thrones is

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Yeah I can't believe Jimmy would be so thorough with the initial plan, and then not panic to go cover his tracks once chuck's hoe ass mentioned the photo copy spot...he knows how obsessive big bro is more than kim, shouldn't have took her to remind him to tie up that loose end...dope episode though. ..think I hate chuck as much as I hated skyler in some of the latter seasons of BB

I think it's consistent to his focus. Jimmy is laser sharp when he's motivated to prove someone wrong but once he meets that temporary goal, he cruises. You could say the same thing about him not reading his contract at the law firm that hired him.

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
The coli don't got no love for Chuck?:to: I'm always riding with Saul but this season made me understand Chuck better. His brother is a compulsive con man who stole from their own father. I couldn't fukk with a sibling who did that. I still was against his ongoing sibling rivalry and "condition" but when he banged his head I felt bad. I'm not sure if it was for Chuck or if it was for Saul causing/witnessing it:jbhmm:

I have a strange attraction to Kim. I think it started when she joined in on conning that guy at the restaurant. Ever since then she's been sexy to me. Professional woman with a wild side:steviej:

:comeon: Who robs a truck and cuts the tires open? Once you see that you gotta know they weren't looking for something legal. That good Samaritan was extremely naive.

OG Kim basically broke down Chuck's relationship with Jimmy & why we, as the viewer, should not like him. Jimmy's always there for Chuck because he admires him, but Chuck doesn't have the same admiration for Jimmy.

And Chuck had all of this coming. He had no business halting Kim's career because she's friends with Jimmy. Jimmy was just evening the score since Kim won that contract on her own, and they swooped in & buried her.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Nowwwwww i remember why i hated Skylar. SHE fukkED THAT DUDE & GAVE HIM ALL WALT MONEY :damn:

Walt more than got him back tho :blessed:

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:dwillhuh:

Why would they even look at the truck? Dude is hogtied on the side of the road. That would catch their attention, not the condition of the tires 20 feet away.

Fred.

:francis: You see a man tied up on the side of a road you probably want to check the surroundings to make sure things are safe. How could you not check the truck when he's practically right next to it?

118oa3c.jpg

Last edited:

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Just got caught up with the last two episodes earlier. Love how the split storylines are working out. Jimmy with his sneaking around to film commercials and Mike with his meticulous planning on everything. I anticipate their paths to cross again in the finale. Wouldn't be surprised if another character makes an appearance that episode. I haven't been watching the talking saul episodes. Are those still being shown or was it just a first episode thing? I'll have to record the one after the finale tho.

Pifferry

blegh
Daps
OG Kim basically broke down Chuck's relationship with Jimmy & why we, as the viewer, should not like him. Jimmy's always there for Chuck because he admires him, but Chuck doesn't have the same admiration for Jimmy.

And Chuck had all of this coming. He had no business halting Kim's career because she's friends with Jimmy. Jimmy was just evening the score since Kim won that contract on her own, and they swooped in & buried her.
You really think the show is trying to tell you just not to like Chuck (they arent btw if you ever listen to the creators talk about Chuck/Jimmy though, but thats not influencing my opinion on Chuck anyways) or that Kim's word is law? "We as a view should not like him" is such a ridiculous statement, don't tell me what I should be doing.
Chuck DID NOT create Jimmy which is what she said, might as well say Jimmy created Chuck by lying to Chuck for all of his life pre ABQ.
Chuck's guilty of backstabbing Jimmy and not being upfront with him while using him for labor which is incredibly hypocritical and scumbaggish and more than enough for Jimmy to tell him to fukk off.
But he had no obligation to give Jimmy a job at HMM and show watchers are freaking insane for thinking that Chuck had a moral obligation to, and they're ridiculous for thinking that Chuck could have gotten over 20+ years of Jimmy slipping easily like we are because we're only watching the tail end of their relationships, people don't work like that.
(not to ignore Chuck's jealousy and other issues)
Also he NEVER halted Kim's career, that was all Hamlin because Jimmy hurt his reputation with Cliff and Chuck because he went behind Chuck to get that job.
He literally has no problem with her and thinks Jimmy is screwing Kim, plus it was his job to keep Mesa Verde.
Also I don't understand you admiration point in relation to Chuck not admiring Jimmy, why should he? Why is that a knock against him?

Pifferry

blegh
Daps
Nowwwwww i remember why i hated Skylar. SHE fukkED THAT DUDE & GAVE HIM ALL WALT MONEY :damn:

Walt more than got him back tho :blessed:
I don't fukking understand fans.
Walt was fukking abusing his family and acting like a demon from hell yet you see Skyler fukk Ted after Walt broke into their house, used the kids as props to blackmail Skyler and intimidate the cops, absolutely refused to sign the divorce papers for weeks, and acted like a total twat.
Not to mention that she gave Ted the money so they wouldn't get found out and that Walts activity literally put them all in danger of murder yet it's fukk Sky.
(walt never got him back btw, skyler screwed him)
I cheered when she said IFT :manny:

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
You really think the show is trying to tell you just not to like Chuck (they arent btw if you ever listen to the creators talk about Chuck/Jimmy though, but thats not influencing my opinion on Chuck anyways) or that Kim's word is law? "We as a view should not like him" is such a ridiculous statement, don't tell me what I should be doing.
Chuck DID NOT create Jimmy which is what she said, might as well say Jimmy created Chuck by lying to Chuck for all of his life pre ABQ.
Chuck's guilty of backstabbing Jimmy and not being upfront with him while using him for labor which is incredibly hypocritical and scumbaggish and more than enough for Jimmy to tell him to fukk off.
But he had no obligation to give Jimmy a job at HMM and show watchers are freaking insane for thinking that Chuck had a moral obligation to, and they're ridiculous for thinking that Chuck could have gotten over 20+ years of Jimmy slipping easily like we are because we're only watching the tail end of their relationships, people don't work like that.
(not to ignore Chuck's jealousy and other issues)
Also he NEVER halted Kim's career, that was all Hamlin because Jimmy hurt his reputation with Cliff and Chuck because he went behind Chuck to get that job.
He literally has no problem with her and thinks Jimmy is screwing Kim, plus it was his job to keep Mesa Verde.
Also I don't understand you admiration point in relation to Chuck not admiring Jimmy, why should he? Why is that a knock against him?

Yea, I was gonna say, he did nothing dirty in getting Mesa Verde back. He went in there and played the game... And won. That's what he's supposed to do.