The Official "Better Call Saul" Season 2 Thread

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
This is from Variety.
“In the early going, we thought he would become Saul Goodman by the end of the season, or maybe by the middle of Season 1,” Gilligan said. “We came to realize that Jimmy McGill is a guy we like better than Saul Goodman. He’s a guy we’d like to have a beer with, and we came to the realization that when he becomes Saul Goodman, it’s going to be a bit of a tragedy.”

The second season will pick up where the critically-acclaimed first season ended, with Jimmy McGill, the small-time attorney championing the underdog client, turning down a lucrative job offer and telling Jonathan Banks’ Mike Ehrmantraut that his days of playing the game straight were over.

Since initiating the role of Saul Goodman in “Breaking Bad,” Odenkirk said the character has become more and more appealing to him.

“He was always fun to play when I did ‘Breaking Bad,’ with all of his plots and plans and capers that he got into,” Odenkirk said. “As far as liking the person and spending time in the character, he’s a much more likable guy as Jimmy McGill. He’s a much more dimensional character.”

The cast also said to expect more “Breaking Bad” Easter eggs in the upcoming season.

“When we found out who we were working with and who we saw, our jaws just dropped,” said Michael Mando, who plays Nacho Varga. “I think the fans are going to be very happy.”
From what is known so far is that a season 1 character is coming back.
People thought Crazy 8 , I say Emilo his cousin will be in it .
Long shot Elliot and Grecthen .
Probably Gus Fring.
Along shot but my gut tells me Walt in the flash forward.

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
See, this is going to be a problem with this series. They are going to keep playing out Jimmy McGill. But everyone wants to see Saul Goodman :francis:

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
See, this is going to be a problem with this series. They are going to keep playing out Jimmy McGill. But everyone wants to see Saul Goodman :francis:
You are right and wrong, I think he will be Saul fully by season end because the premise of the show demands it. They are getting older and can't be in the past too much longer. Mike is looking older and you can't hide it forever. Matter of fact I think season 3 will only be in real time with partial flashbacks. This season needs to introduce Gus and show that the new character that is being introduced is a part of Madigral. Maybe even Lydia ex husband.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Im fine with not seeing Saul Goodman for a bit. this is a show that can stand on its two feet without having to refer to breaking bad. I have my full trust in Vince.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
first season bored me after like 5 eps

ill try and give this a shot

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was surprised at how good Better Call CAC is, it had a couple goofy episodes early on (Tucos appearance for one) but the last half was very good.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've never actually heard anyone complain that they were unhappy that Walt escaped justice by dying.
how else was it going to go down?

its either dying by the bullet or dying by cancer

he was never going to survive

Wise

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I watched the series premiere around the time it aired and just finished the remaining 9 the past weekend as it came on Netflix.

I don't think I've hated a character more than his brother... he's just a bland character. The lead girl (although not horrible) isn't captivating enough.

Mike is by far the best character. I don't know how majority of this board feels about this show as the season 1 thread is 200 plus pages, but the show is less than what I expected. For example, in the finale, that damn bingo scene dragged on.

Hopefully it gets better... I want to see homie start dealing with more crooks in his criminal practice, not drafting wills for Betty and Lou Anne.