The Official "Better Call Saul" Season 2 Thread

Pifferry

blegh
Daps
Rewatched the Chuck vs Jimmy scene.
Wow that was great, and Michael Mckean was giving a hell of a performance.
You can really see why Chuck is such a great lawyer, he's just an imposing guy and he's on a different plane while shytting on Jimmy.
I love the disconnect the show is making between Chuck's love for the law and his claims of not being the bad guy, in relation to how he went behind Jimmy's back to screw him and how each of his critiques about Jimmy could be thrown right back at him, as well as how Jimmy is still oblivious to his behavior as well and wants to shift it all onto everyone else.

Disgustya Stallone

Man Who Owns 2 Microwaves
Daps
half way into the 2nd episode... christ this may be the most boring show on tv... 1st season they get a pass (obviously setting sh*t up) but jesus do something in this second season

i may have to drop this trash ass show if it doesnt pick up here by the 6th episode

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
great ep.

i really like the actor playing nacho..we need more diversity :mjpls: :troll:

i feel stupid for just now realizing michael mckean was in clue..always bugged me i couldnt remember what i knew him from

I'm gonna date myself here but I remember him from "Laverne & Shirley".

Fred.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I'm gonna date myself here but I remember him from "Laverne & Shirley".

Fred.
Clue is my sisters favorite movie. She must have played it 200 times when i was growing up.

She actually auditioned to be an extra this season. She woulda flipped when she saw Mr Green :russ:

• Dap
Reactions: hex

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Tuco out here hitten em with the Larry David
larry-o.gif

You know somebody had to do it:

Fred.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This whole Mike-Nacho-Tuco story line was masterfully done, because even though I know that all 3 of them survive well into Breaking Bad's timeline, I was still nervous and on edge to see what was going to happen. Killing Tuco will cause problems, like having people look into who killed Tuco. Mike did explain this. Mike was just :wow:. Again I was :mjcry: cause this was actually really a sad episode because it showed the depths of Mike's guilt over his son's death and the daughter-in-law's grip on reality, and the resultant lengths Mike will go to in order to provide for Kaylie.

There's no overlap between Tuco's time on Breaking Bad and Mike's. We met Mike after we met Tuco. But Mike was around while Tuco was around even though we had not met Mike yet -- and we never heard Tuco mention wanting to kill Mike, nor did we hear anyone in Tuco's camp mention Mike. Mike never mentioned Tuco 'after the fact' to Gus (when talking about the Cousins stalking Walter) or to Walter & Jesse, just in passing. It just seemed to me like Mike and Tuco had no direct, personal knowledge of each other, let alone a reason for Tuco to want to kill Mike or vice versa.

I was kind of surprised they didn't outright fire Jimmy. A reputation is a valuable thing to risk, and frankly, Jimmy already damaged it. I

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This show continues to get better and better....:wow:

The Jimmy and Chuck confrontation was great and both Odenkirk and McKean nailed it. There’s no denying a lot of what Chuck said was right. Jimmy is the one who created this situation and he put Kim in a bad situation by lying about it. Of course, Kim did herself no favors by covering for Jimmy. She knows what he is and she willingly took the fall for him.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
This whole Mike-Nacho-Tuco story line was masterfully done, because even though I know that all 3 of them survive well into Breaking Bad's timeline, I was still nervous and on edge to see what was going to happen. Killing Tuco will cause problems, like having people look into who killed Tuco. Mike did explain this. Mike was just :wow:. Again I was :mjcry: cause this was actually really a sad episode because it showed the depths of Mike's guilt over his son's death and the daughter-in-law's grip on reality, and the resultant lengths Mike will go to in order to provide for Kaylie.

There's no overlap between Tuco's time on Breaking Bad and Mike's. We met Mike after we met Tuco. But Mike was around while Tuco was around even though we had not met Mike yet -- and we never heard Tuco mention wanting to kill Mike, nor did we hear anyone in Tuco's camp mention Mike. Mike never mentioned Tuco 'after the fact' to Gus (when talking about the Cousins stalking Walter) or to Walter & Jesse, just in passing. It just seemed to me like Mike and Tuco had no direct, personal knowledge of each other, let alone a reason for Tuco to want to kill Mike or vice versa.

I was kind of surprised they didn't outright fire Jimmy. A reputation is a valuable thing to risk, and frankly, Jimmy already damaged it. I

Tuco will be gone to jail for 5-6 years. When he gets out he's still a street level goon. There's no reason for him to even know Mike exists as a hitman for Gus.

If they go the route of "Tuco and the cartel realize Mike is more than some old man" then they can easily explain Tuco keeping the peace with Mike because he works for Gus, who is allied with the cartel.

Fred.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I just realized that "CRAWLING with Salamancas" was a BB Easter egg :ohhh:.

Let me explain .....The cousins crawled to the shrine of Santa Muerte to get a blessing on their vengeance on Heisenberg. Later the one who initially survived the hit on Hank crawled out of his hospital bed and across the floor to try to kill Walt

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I just realized that "CRAWLING with Salamancas" was a BB Easter egg :ohhh:.

Let me explain .....The cousins crawled to the shrine of Santa Muerte to get a blessing on their vengeance on Heisenberg. Later the one who initially survived the hit on Hank crawled out of his hospital bed and across the floor to try to kill Walt

:skip:

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
:manny:

I mean it's all subjective but season 1 he went from a completely square teacher to a drug dealer and committing murder in one episode. In hindsight it almost moved too fast.

Fred.
It was such a differently paced show from anything out that it took a while to really catch on with how to watch the show. It took me 2-3 attempts at starting the first season before I finally was able to power through. Now when I go back to watch it I love it but the first few viewings it was way to slow to me and boring even though so much was happening.