The Official "Better Call Saul" Season 2 Thread

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
@Soon You want Hex to @ you when Jimmy becomes Saul? Could save you a couple seasons of watching how Jimmy becomes Saul which is the whole point of the show.

I don't know what some you are expecting? I mean I guess I do. You are here waiting for Saul and Gus and the cartels to be popping off. The thing is if you watched BB it was a slow build up. Yeah, it might have been more exciting because Walt was doing illegal stuff and almost always getting caught. Jimmy/Saul isn't really doing anything illegal. He's just teetering between good and bad when it comes to ethics. Eventually something is going to "Break" Jimmy. We aren't sure what that is yet, but that's why I'm watching.

A slow methodical show that builds a back story is more entertaining to me then a show like NCIS where every episode is just about running around and shooting guns with no follow up the next episode to what happened the previous.

Mike might be the most entreating part of the show right now and I think it's because we all like the violence that we know will come with his character.

In Vince I Trust.

I have the same problem with people who binged watched most of BB. I keep telling them, the first season was so slow, it wasn't considered all that good at the time. They finished the entire season in 3 days and don't realize how much that shyt dragged.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
You also knocked GAME OF THRONES which is heavily praised and won awards. So your awards chatter still doesn't hold weight.

Are you drunk today?

I'm a huge fan of "Game Of Thrones", to the point that I rep a set. #Starkset

Last season was mostly ass though. And I held and defended that opinion without making excuses as to why other people liked it. Or explaining away why it's successful.

Like I said, the shyt is wild corny.

Is this going to be another situation like "Breaking Bad", where insecure fans of other shows come into the thread in a futile attempt to derail it's legacy? Let's not do that again.

Fred.

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You have strong hate towards people who don't share the same opinion as you. And try to railroad their thoughts as being invalid.

And I specifically said you, trashed last season of Game of Thrones. Look at my previous post.

(Weren't you hating on last season of Game of Thrones? Guess what, that won best series Emmy. So your point about awards recognition doesn't exactly jive with what you are saying.)

Regardless, I'm not getting in a pissing contest with you. I don't think this series is that great. It's my opinion. :yeshrug:

Last edited:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I have the same problem with people who binged watched most of BB. I keep telling them, the first season was so slow, it wasn't considered all that good at the time. They finished the entire season in 3 days and don't realize how much that shyt dragged.

Season 1 was slow?
heisendahell2_zps6d620e9d.png

Seasons 1 and 5 they pretty much hit the ground running.

Season 2-4 I could understand. Typically things would be set in motion then explode the last couple episodes.

I don't understand how people can watch this and not know the formula by now. Like you said, probably due to binge watching.

Fred.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
I'm actually in the middle of both sides of the argument. I think this is a great show so far, but I also would have given up on it a long time ago if it wasn't a Breaking Bad spin-off/prequel. A huge part of the intrigue of the show is seeing how both Mike and Saul end up becoming who they become. Knowing the end game makes the present and the crawl their enjoyable where you know the stakes. With Breaking Bad the stakes were high from the beginning and kept building on top of it.

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
Season 1 was slow?
heisendahell2_zps6d620e9d.png

I thought it was slow as well. I didn't get back in until season 4 I believe. Then I went back and started from the beginning

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Soon

Banned
Daps
I thought it was slow as well. I didn't get back in until season 4 I believe. Then I went back and started from the beginning

Season 1 was easily the best, especially when it was filling the void of The Wire and Sopranos.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

:manny:

I mean it's all subjective but season 1 he went from a completely square teacher to a drug dealer and committing murder in one episode. In hindsight it almost moved too fast.

Fred.

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The argument many are making and I see reviewers saying the same thing, this show doesn't stand well on its own. If this was a brand new show with no connection to Breaking Bad, I don't think people would be hyping it like they are.

Is this show really groundbreaking? Is it really in the top tier of shows? I don't think so. It's supporting characters aren't compelling. I mean really, Hamlin? Mike is the best character on this show. Jimmy McGill would be bashed if people didn't know he eventually will become Saul.

I'll say it again, this show is low stakes. That's it's biggest problem. Breaking Bad had HUGE STAKES right out the gate. BCS doesn't. It's laughable someone said this show was on the same level as THE WIRE. Narcos is way better than this show.

Chuck is a good supporting character and has been received really well. Most people are fans of jimmy

sounds like you just wanted another breaking bad. they are giving us a different show with the jimmy storyline which is exactly what i wanted. i dont want a rehash of breaking bad. then they have the mike storyline as red meat to keep viewers like you happy. sounds like a win win so far.

Soon

Banned
Daps
Chuck is a good supporting character and has been received really well. Most people are fans of jimmy

sounds like you just wanted another breaking bad. they are giving us a different show with the jimmy storyline which is exactly what i wanted. i dont want a rehash of breaking bad. then they have the mike storyline as red meat to keep viewers like you happy. sounds like a win win so far.

:banderas: the say Jimmy starts messing with the underworld.

I remember when Walter White and Pinkman was going to kill Saul and he talked his way out of it, since then Saul was the truth.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

I'm saying.

I'm sure people will get offended by this comparison but this is basically "Madmen" and "Breaking Bad" in one show. I'm not saying it's as good as either but if you want slow moments of character development and dialogue, you have Jimmy's arc. If you want fukkery, you have Mike, Nacho, etc.

I mean....last episode we had 5 straight minutes of dialogue between two brothers arguing and Mike shopping for sniper rifles. I don't know what more people want.

Fred.