The Official "Better Call Saul" Season 2 Thread

Pifferry

blegh
Daps
Wow people really hate chuck, they want him murdered or beat with electrical rods or to die in a fire simply off of seeing his face :leon:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
I thought the episode was ok. I really think this show is over hyped because it's connected to Breaking Bad and we get to see old faces make appearances. I don't think Jimmy McGill is a compelling protag. Mike's story lines have more stakes and are more interesting than Jimmy's. I think the Hollywoodreporter reviewer was spot on when he said they are dragging out this Jimmy McGill story line for too long. They should get to Jimmy becoming Saul sooner than later, in my opinion.
As I said in the Justified thread..

you can make the case Wynn Duffy (Justified) makes for a better spinoff show than Saul Goodman.

Still really good show imo. :ehh:

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
Tuco out here hitten em with the Larry David
larry-o.gif

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Wow people really hate chuck, they want him murdered or beat with electrical rods or to die in a fire simply off of seeing his face :leon:

The look he had when Hamlin was scolding Kim about Jimmy was great :russ:. Then when he turned to him on some "What are we going to do about this" :francis:? was perfectly played by him. Even after getting Kim demoted to the basement, Jimmy still looked after him and made sure he was nice and cozy with his space blanket, fixed him some tea, and ended up being late in the process for his job. Yet, a lot of what Chuck had to say about Jimmy rang true even if he is going about saying it in the wrong way.

Mike earned that 25K the hard way :wow:, but he wasn't ready to have another murder on his soul for money of all things.

Bruce LeRoy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
You can see that Hamlin didnt want to roast Kim like that as soon as she walked out and they show you his facial expression.

The scenes with Jimmy and Chuck were the best IMO.. I could watch them argue for a whole episode the back and fourth was great between them and when it's over you have that feeling that they didn't finish that conversation. The scenes near the end with Mike reminded me of Breaking Bad the way they played out.. you know something is going to happen and then it does and the way they play that ambient music during those intense scenes works perfect.

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
Just realized too that they introduced tuco only to send him away to prison lol
He was on the show last year . He has to go to Los Luna's now for 5 years where he meets Skinny Pete and Tuco gains more power in the prison system. This has to be where Gus comes in now because Nacho doesn't make anywhere near that type of money to hire Mike. Nacho been working with Tuco for years and still works full time with father in the auto shop.

Soon

Banned
Daps
I thought the episode was ok. I really think this show is over hyped because it's connected to Breaking Bad and we get to see old faces make appearances. I don't think Jimmy McGill is a compelling protag. Mike's story lines have more stakes and are more interesting than Jimmy's. I think the Hollywoodreporter reviewer was spot on when he said they are dragging out this Jimmy McGill story line for too long. They should get to Jimmy becoming Saul sooner than later, in my opinion.

Looking at the 205 promo, I hope its over, he was at his best in season 1...but we still waiting from Jimmy to become Saul. I really hope the HHM & Davis and Main storyline is over. I can watch L.A. Law for legal drama.

I always felt on Breaking Bad he only advertised his law firm for appearances sake. He was knee deep in the game, and I was only interested in this show to see more of that, especially when he linked up with Mike I thought it was about to be lit.

The scene where he was with partners and they said they spent years building up their reputation, you can tell Jimmy was not trying to go that route.