The Official "Better Call Saul" Season 2 Thread

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Why should Chuck have given him that chance tho given how Jimmy had affected him and been his entire life in conjunction with how shytty the degree was for a place like HMM?
I don't like that people go all into Jimmy's psyche and make excuses for him or find points to sympathize with while apparently Chuck's just a devil or even if they recognize that he's right about Jimmy's nature he's just a dikk still.
Chuck's a person with his own history, mental health and ego issues, and has also been negatively affected by Jimmy, but their relationship is complex.
For some reason post "you're not a real lawyer" it's suddenly been popular for fans to say that Chuck's literally been fukking Jimmy his entire life and that's why he's the way he is and is scum who despises him regardless of the evidence that he does love jimmy and is grateful towards him during that episode, before that episode, and after it.
As well as the fact that if Chuck had been like that towards Jimmy his entire life he wouldn't have admired Chuck or been surprised by this betrayal and Chuck wouldn't have gotten him out of jail.
I agree that Chuck did a spineless terrible thing to Jimmy, but I can't abide with the fan reaction towards him, especially when it really isn't conducive with how the show creators are writing him (plus I liked him pre blow up and everything including his flaws just make me more sympathetic towards him, how trapped he is with jimmy and his insecurities and mental disorder).

The show didn't say Jimmy didn't get the job because the degree was shytty. The show specifically told us he didn't get the job directly because of Chuck's interference.

Chuck didn't even rationalize "well, it's not a good enough degree". He went on a rant about how Jimmy shouldn't be allowed a chance because "I worked harder than you", which is some corn ball shyt. Especially if it's your brother.

So nah it's not that he didn't want him to work there. It's how he went about it. If Chuck told him point blank "you're a loose cannon, I can't let you work here" this isn't even a discussion. Because that's understandable. But he just hated on Jimmy behind the scenes and then hung the whole thing on Howard. For years.

Fred.

BobbyBooshay

Arnold Jackson
Daps
Reppin
London
Ice Station Zebra Associates is the name of a holding company used by Saul Goodman for tax evasion. In the episode "Abiquiú", Skyler Whitedecides to intervene in Saul and Walter White'smoney laundering plans in part because she was unimpressed when Saul presented her with a check from Ice Station Zebra Associates.

Ice Station Zebra Associates is also seen in small print in the television commercials for Saul's law firm.

"Ice Station Zebra" is itself a 1963 Cold War intrigue novel, adapted in 1968 as a better-known film starring Rock Hudson and Ernest Borgnine. The movie itself appears in "Amarillo", watched by Saul (James McGill at the time) and Kim Wexler .

• Dap
Reactions: hex

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
just starting the newest episode. slippin' jimmy needs to smack the shyt outta chuck soon.

dude exist soley to hate on his bro.

He doesn't even have to slap him, just take him to the local Best Buy and see if he acts up again :sas2:

When Chuck gave him the :leostare: when he heard he got all those signatures. Jimmy is so good at that, the way he was able to talk to the old lady and flip it into terms she could understand and get all those old people to sign up :wow:.

If only he could keep his talents on the straight and narrow :francis:, especially with Chuck breathing down his neck and Kim trying to make him a better man. A part of me can understand Jimmy's side, he's trying to get things done and without some of his 'methods' they wouldn't be able to get the type of response he got.

Mike looking at his daughter-in-law like :ld:when she talking about gunshots at night.

Pifferry

blegh
Daps
The show didn't say Jimmy didn't get the job because the degree was shytty. The show specifically told us he didn't get the job directly because of Chuck's interference.

Chuck didn't even rationalize "well, it's not a good enough degree". He went on a rant about how Jimmy shouldn't be allowed a chance because "I worked harder than you", which is some corn ball shyt. Especially if it's your brother.

So nah it's not that he didn't want him to work there. It's how he went about it. If Chuck told him point blank "you're a loose cannon, I can't let you work here" this isn't even a discussion. Because that's understandable. But he just hated on Jimmy behind the scenes and then hung the whole thing on Howard. For years.

Fred.
No it was referenced multiple times that American University of Samoa/web college isn't worth shyt (really wouldn't be in the real world), including Chuck saying so in his rant at Jimmy.
And I didn't say that's why he didn't get it which was clearly mainly Chucks ego and fear of Jimmy, I said why should he when that's the case.
And I didn't defend Chuck's behavior (he was spineless and terrible) so this response really isn't for me, im more about Chuck's behavior and life existing in a vacuum with people with the only thing he's done through it is be a douchebag towards Jimmy with their clearly being no nuance in him even post episode 9 and nothing from Jimmy that lead to him acting that way, while for a lot a people the blame for Saul is in totality Chuck's.

• Dap

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
man, all the partners in the law firm are already turning they back on slippin jimmy.

it's all becoming clear why he made the switch to criminal lawyer.

Pifferry

blegh
Daps
just starting the newest episode. slippin' jimmy needs to smack the shyt outta chuck soon.

dude exist soley to hate on his bro.
He's much more than that.
Edit: Not really because of his mental health and other emotional issues, he really is a malevolent anti Jimmy poltergeist now and it's eating away at him

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
No it was referenced multiple times that American University of Samoa/web college isn't worth shyt (really wouldn't be in the real world), including Chuck saying so in his rant at Jimmy.

That's two unrelated topics breh.

Despite the American Samoa degree being lame Hamlin clearly would've hired Jimmy if it was up to him....because Hamlin just put his rep on the line to get him a job at Davis & Main.

So, if Chuck framed his argument as "your degree isn't good enough to work here"....ok, cool. He didn't. He flat out told Hamlin to relay the message "we can't hire you" when #1 it wasn't even Hamlin's idea and #2 it was obviously solely because Chuck didn't want him there. Because at the end of the day Chuck is the man at HHM. They can't say no to him.

Now, if you want to argue Jimmy is a screw up who shouldn't work at HHM....fine....but again, Chuck seemed more angry about the fact that Jimmy accomplished as much as he did....with less time and effort....than the prospect of Slipping Jimmy becoming a lawyer.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
hopefully this series shows us mike becoming a full fledged goon. also, there's no reason that gus fring can't be brought back into the mix in later seasons either :ohlawd:

I think Mike will more or less be a full fledged goon by the end of this season. We're 3 episodes into season 2 and in next week's promo Mike is copping a sniper rifle from the same guy that sold Walt the .38 and the M-60.

I doubt they'll introduce Gus any time soon. He's too strong a character, he'd steal the show.

Fred.

Justise M

Superstar
Daps
can't wait until the scene where Saul is holding interviews for personal bodyguards and this nikka walks in

960.jpg

:lawd:

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
I think Mike will more or less be a full fledged goon by the end of this season. We're 3 episodes into season 2 and in next week's promo Mike is copping a sniper rifle from the same guy that sold Walt the .38 and the M-60.

I doubt they'll introduce Gus any time soon. He's too strong a character, he'd steal the show.

Fred.

well, gus would be a supporting character. I mean as we know, mike spent time working for both gus and saul at the same time, so it seems logical to me.

we'd see the gus fring operation from mikes point of view obviously.

• Dap

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
well, gus would be a supporting character. I mean as we know, mike spent time working for both gus and saul at the same time, so it seems logical to me.

we'd see the gus fring operation from mikes point of view obviously.

I hear you.

I'm saying Gus on this show vs "BB" is a different ball game. Because he damn near stole season 4 from Bryan Cranston, who is light years ahead of Bob Odenkirk in terms of acting skills. And Gus can't interact with Saul at all on this show, so that would be a problem too.

I'm sure they'll introduce him but when and how much is probably a problem they're working out.

Fred.