The Official "Better Call Saul" Season 2 Thread

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Chuck must go

I think next episode is going to be the "no turning back now" point for Jimmy. Maybe his last episode as Jimmy. Same with Mike.

Get ready :ohlawd:
Nah I think your wrong . He has to loss Kim in someway to do it. That's why they didn't turn him into Saul at the end of last season .

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I can't be the only one who thinks BCS is a lot better than Breaking Bad, right? Everything about this show has been dope, and I haven't once had a negative thought about it :wow:

You aren't alone but I don't agree. :manny:

I like this show a lot but outside of "Five-O" (the Mike episode) last season I can't put this anywhere near the best episodes of "Breaking Bad". Eventually it might be on that level, or maybe even surpass it....but as of right now I'm just happy it's a good show. I had serious reservations about a spin off.

Fred.

Soon

Banned
Daps
I can't be the only one who thinks BCS is a lot better than Breaking Bad, right? Everything about this show has been dope, and I haven't once had a negative thought about it :wow:

I've seen people rank Breaking Bad higher than Sopranos, Mad Men, The Wire, and the Holy Bible. So, I don't think you will get rational explanations.

I will say this, there will be no surprises in BCS, because this is Act I and we already know what happened in Act II and Act III. At this point the only highlight of this show is the Cartels, which is what saved Breaking Bad.

They try to hold off on the Cartels entering the storyline, but right now the show is dying so they need to bring in the Cartels fast. As of yet, Mike is carrying the show.

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
I've seen people rank Breaking Bad higher than Sopranos, Mad Men, The Wire, and the Holy Bible. So, I don't think you will get rational explanations.

I will say this, there will be no surprises in BCS, because this is Act I and we already know what happened in Act II and Act III. At this point the only highlight of this show is the Cartels, which is what saved Breaking Bad.

They try to hold off on the Cartels entering the storyline, but right now the show is dying so they need to bring in the Cartels fast. As of yet, Mike is carrying the show.
Are you for real? The show is dying? They need to bring in the cartels, you think they filming each show after the Coli post on it and go from there? They have set so many things in action this season and the last but a slower place.
Jimmy can lose it or will cause Kim to lose her job with the commercial and with taking a bribe from the Kettlemens last year . I'm sure Craig isn't doing well in lockup and his wife will do something to help him.
Nacho and Mike is leading to some real trouble and if you look at the cash Mike put on the table it was at least 50 racks, that's Gus money . I wouldn't be surprised if Nacho didn't hire Mike on Gus orders to kill Tuco uncle Hector. Instead of killing him the bullet paralyze him and makes him an invalid which Gus would love .

Pifferry

blegh
Daps
This episodes director and writer:
Adam Bernstein directed: (From Breaking Bad) Cat's in the Bag..., ...And the Bag's in the River, Mandala, ABQ, Caballo Sin Nombre, Half Measures, Box Cutter, and Hazard Pay. (From BCS) Five-O.

Gordon Smith wrote: (From BCS) Five-O and RICO.

@hexagram23

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Pifferry

blegh
Daps
You aren't alone but I don't agree. :manny:

I like this show a lot but outside of "Five-O" (the Mike episode) last season I can't put this anywhere near the best episodes of "Breaking Bad". Eventually it might be on that level, or maybe even surpass it....but as of right now I'm just happy it's a good show. I had serious reservations about a spin off.

Fred.
Pimento and the second episode are up there for me.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
This episodes director and writer:
Adam Bernstein directed: (From Breaking Bad) Cat's in the Bag..., ...And the Bag's in the River, Mandala, ABQ, Caballo Sin Nombre, Half Measures, Box Cutter, and Hazard Pay. (From BCS) Five-O.

Gordon Smith wrote: (From BCS) Five-O and RICO.

@hexagram23

My man.

dap_zps28ef4044.gif

It's kinda odd because every season of "Breaking Bad" and even last season on "Better Call Saul" we knew the writer/director well in advance. This season we haven't known until damn near the episode is on.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Interview with Vince Gilligan and Peter Gould, the co-creators of "BCS". Apparently there's a mariachi Saul song similar to the Heisenberg song from "Breaking Bad". They also said this episode (4) takes the series in an entirely new direction.

Q&A: Better Call Saul Exec Producers Vince Gilligan and Peter Gould

Also this part caught my eye:

What about Gus? Does he show up in Season 2?

Gould: This is tricky. I think it’s fair to say you’re going to see some folks from "Breaking Bad" who come into the story in organic and inevitable ways. But I think it’s going to be a huge surprise when you see who shows up in the next few episodes. Fans of "Breaking Bad" will be well taken care of by the end of Season 2. With every episode of "Saul", we get steps closer to the events of "Breaking Bad".
Fred.