The Official "Better Call Saul" Season 2 Thread

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
they would of shot it down and turned it into that other commercial
he knew it once the secretary told him about how that commercial went

their shyt wouldnt have worked nor would people watch it.
yea your right, he was hoping to hit a hr

get a lot of new clients to cover his azz

Pool_Shark

Can’t move with me in this digital space
Daps
Jimmy does not follow the rules. He's a criminal. He's not like the other lawyers that are thinking about what's ethical. Chuck was right from the last season it's obvious at the end of the day he will always be Slippin Jimmy. He loves the con he lives for that. He tries to pretend like he's changed or will change but a tiger can't change his spots (at least that's what the shows implying.) I also like that this last episode is kind of what gives birth to the original better call Saul commercial.

Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
I'm trippin as to why people are so confused by Mike's reaction to his daughter in law's 2nd phone call? Like the guys on the It's Saul Good, Man Podcast. I think they were reading too much into his "moving comments" and "genuine" concern, thinking it was a bullet that hit the house.

I see it as nothing more than reassuring her or "believing" her despite the fact he knew it was the person delivering newspapers.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm trippin as to why people are so confused by Mike's reaction to his daughter in law's 2nd phone call? Like the guys on the It's Saul Good, Man Podcast. I think they were reading too much into his "moving comments" and "genuine" concern, thinking it was a bullet that hit the house.

I see it as nothing more than reassuring her or "believing" her despite the fact he knew it was the person delivering newspapers.
She said there was shots

There were no shots

This woman is nuts

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Jimmy does not follow the rules. He's a criminal. He's not like the other lawyers that are thinking about what's ethical. Chuck was right from the last season it's obvious at the end of the day he will always be Slippin Jimmy. He loves the con he lives for that. He tries to pretend like he's changed or will change but a tiger can't change his spots (at least that's what the shows implying.) I also like that this last episode is kind of what gives birth to the original better call Saul commercial.

its not just abt following rules or being a criminal. hes an ambitious hustler. he wont just keep his head down and collect his paycheck, which is what they expect at Davis and Main. He could just do as he's told and be a successful associate there. he wants more than that though

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
its not just abt following rules or being a criminal. hes an ambitious hustler. he wont just keep his head down and collect his paycheck, which is what they expect at Davis and Main. He could just do as he's told and be a successful associate there. he wants more than that though
Ambitious yes, but at Davis and Main you have to be smart, this is a blue chip law firm, you can't be doing stupid things that risk the firm. How many people working there? 50 or more and they been there for years gaining credibility so if Jimmy takes these risk he puts them all in jeopardy . Think about it from there point of view . I would let Jimmy go and let him do what he wants. He is like Walt as people say, if he stayed honest and didn't chase the fast money he would be fine. All the years of him being Saul and he was at best doing 200k per year if that till Walt came on board making him that big money he had been looking for.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Promo for next week's episode, "Gloves Off":

Fred.

• Dap
Reactions: DPG

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Would i be wrong to feel these first two seasons so far are as good or maybe better than breaking bad 1 and 2. Partly I guess because the end game of jimmy turning bad is already known as opposed to Walts so I'm watching it diffrently

I dunno. It's kinda hard for me to compare the two shows even though it's the same writers because their approach is completely different. I see a lot of people saying that though.

I think some people prefer this show because it's more grounded in reality than "Breaking Bad".

I'd have to at least see where they are at the end of season 2 arc-wise to compare the two though.

Fred.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Jimmy isn't a killer and never will be, he is what he is

What made Walter interesting is he went from high school chemistry teacher to drug lord

Also watching him become a killer is something you won't see from jimmy

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

What made Walter interesting is he went from high school chemistry teacher to drug lord

Well his arc isn't as drastic as Walt's but Jimmy goes from representing senior citizens to having cartel ties. And this is before "Breaking Bad" because he's already connected to the cartel when he meets Walt and Jesse. So I expect some serious fukkery to pop off over the course of this series.

Fred.

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York

Ahh did you not watch BB? Jimmy is a killer, he sanctions murder like its nothing . He suggested that Badger get shanked in the chow line the very time they meet him. He was okay with Hank taking a trip to Belize .
He didn't care that Combo got killed either. He is a killer.