The Official "Better Call Saul" Season 2 Thread

The War Report

NewNewYork
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
Really good episode....loved pre credit sequence, dark and nicely shot, grim and black portrait of Genes life, as well as those who toil in the Cinnabons of America, as a way to try to make it another day...Also, loved the scenes with the out of his depth suburbanite working with Nacho. This is television that is interesting and unique, artistic, without forceful bullshyt, I can invest in these characters, comparing with 'Vinyl', which I watched last night...was cliched, overblown, beyond predictable, just tiresome and uninspired, though it looked good, dressed up in all the trappings of HBO's budget.
Pretty fukking much. Vince Gilligan knows how to suck you into his world.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Yeah, dude had it the complete opposite thinking on firing Mike. Him doing nothing during the exchange is the best possible outcome.
Exactly.

Also just basics. Not even street smarts. But holy shyt. If you buy something that tacky and you're a dorky white guy that works for a pharmaceutical company...you have to know that the cops will raise an eyebrow when you call in about a robbery for baseball cards.

Even the lowest of street smarts would dictate that when you have a stash of cash from illegal drug money, and you get robbed, you don't call the cops.

Does the guy even know who ripped him off? I would think he has to have put it together by now, but I'm not convinced he even does.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Anybody found out what that switch meant?
I took it to mean that he just can't resist from not following the straight path/doing what he's told to do. That he's going to be his own man and break the rules regardless.

But that could be too simple an explanation.

Also, I wonder what the significance was that the lights didn't actually turn off. There has to be something to that.
:jbhmm:

Funny how he had to show his bad side to sleep with her but :manny: thats women for ya
Low key that was one of my favorite parts of the episode. She may swear up and down that she wants something different in a man, but in that moment she got excited when he took control and showed that he was the man in his arena. That was his world, and he brought her 100% into it with no apologies. She saw him doing something he was passionate about and fully comfortable with, and controlling another guy that had at least some degree of money and power. She ate it up.

It probably wasn't even intentional in terms of him planning it that way. But there's a lot to be learned about attraction and what not from that scene.

Last edited:

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
Exactly.

Also just basics. Not even street smarts. But holy shyt. If you buy something that tacky and you're a dorky white guy that works for a pharmaceutical company...you have to know that the cops will raise an eyebrow when you call in about a robbery for baseball cards.

Even the lowest of street smarts would dictate that when you have a stash of cash from illegal drug money, and you get robbed, you don't call the cops.

Does the guy even know who ripped him off? I would think he has to have put it together by now, but I'm not convinced he even does.
Every body thinking he putting together to figure it was Nacho who robbed him, well I don't believe it. He fired Mike that morning saying he was basically paying him for nothing. I would think he blame Mike for the robbery and Mike gets arrested and has Saul set up Pryce for a trip to Belize.

Nostalgic

Superstar
Daps
I took it to mean that he just can't resist from not following the straight path/doing what he's told to do. That he's going to be his own man and break the rules regardless.

Also, I wonder what the significance was that the lights didn't actually turn off. There has to be something to that.
:jbhmm:

The whole episode was laying the stepping stones of Jimmy (Hes not Saul yet)
walking to the beat of his own drum.

I would hope the light switch has some type of significant meaning, Other than just being a
metaphor of Jimmy ''Doing shyt his way''

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The whole episode was laying the stepping stones of Jimmy (Hes not Saul yet)
walking to the beat of his own drum.

I would hope the light switch has some type of significant meaning, Other than just being a

probably symbolizes how reckless he was in his past and how he cant afford to encounter the cops again. if he gets fingerprinted its all over for him

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

The first and last scene were meant to be book ends to the character.

Gene is so shook he can't even go through an emergency exit for a legitimate reason, so he sits there for 2 hours.

Jimmy has no idea what the switch will do and flips that shyt within 30 seconds of seeing it.

Fred.

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
probably symbolizes how reckless he was in his past and how he cant afford to encounter the cops again. if he gets fingerprinted its all over for him
Finger printed for opening a fire exit? Are you for real? There's cameras all over the place. Nobody is getting finger printed for setting off a fire alarm. Since he been a lawyer he hadn't been finger printed.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Finger printed for opening a fire exit? Are you for real? There's cameras all over the place. Nobody is getting finger printed for setting off a fire alarm. Since he been a lawyer he hadn't been finger printed.
I'm sure he got fingerprinted after the whole taking a dump in somebody's car incident in Chicago

:lolbron:

:russ:

The point is he can't take any chances of blowing his cover

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
I think you way off. That new firm is crooked. Playuh is done, the new law firm also has a major star in big role there. I don't think he new law firm is going to take a small time drug case when they involved in a multi million dare case with Howard and Chuck.
These guys gave Jimmy a pimped out office, new 6 series Benz knowing that he has just an online degree not a degree from a major law school. These guys are no dummies, they setting Jimmy up to be a major fall guy.
what did i miss where they implied or said the new firm is crooked?