The Official "Better Call Saul" Season 2 Thread

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm not sure how I feel about this extra-textual stuff. On one hand, it's interesting that to fully consume Saul or BB you need to be on podcasts and forums and twitter. On the other hand, I think it's stupid to develop plot points (and possibly gloss over lazy writing) by jumping in as a creator and claiming authorial intent. I don't know. Still thinking about it all.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I'm not sure how I feel about this extra-textual stuff. On one hand, it's interesting that to fully consume Saul or BB you need to be on podcasts and forums and twitter.

On the other hand, I think it's stupid to develop plot points (and possibly gloss over lazy writing) by jumping in as a creator and claiming authorial intent. I don't know. Still thinking about it all.

Explain what you mean in that last part, I don't get what you're trying to say.

Fred.

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Explain what you mean in that last part, I don't get what you're trying to say.

Fred.

If someone just watches the show they have had zero indication that Fring is back. There is absolutely no way they would think that Fring left that note. It's pretty clear to me that he was involved in it, but that's just because of extra-textual stuff like the episode names and the writers podcast. If the writers want the viewer to know or suspect that Fring is back they should write that into the show.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
If someone just watches the show they have had zero indication that Fring is back. There is absolutely no way they would think that Fring left that note. It's pretty clear to me that he was involved in it, but that's just because of extra-textual stuff like the episode names and the writers podcast. If the writers want the viewer to know or suspect that Fring is back they should write that into the show.

Gotta say I disagree with this 100%.

People in this thread were talking about "Gus is probably taking notice of Mike" long before the episode names were even revealed. I'm talking, episode 3 or 4. Keep in mind the anagram was discovered so late because AMC intentionally held back the episode names.

After Hector was introduced in episode 5 people said "this sub plot with Mike is probably what leads to him working for Gus".

So the anagram or podcasts wouldn't have informed opinions on the note either way. People expected to see Gus either directly or indirectly this season long before either of those things confirmed it.

Fred.

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Gotta say I disagree with this 100%.

People in this thread were talking about "Gus is probably taking notice of Mike" long before the episode names were even revealed. I'm talking, episode 3 or 4. Keep in mind the anagram was discovered so late because AMC intentionally held back the episode names.

After Hector was introduced in episode 5 people said "this sub plot with Mike is probably what leads to him working for Gus".

So the anagram or podcasts wouldn't have informed opinions on the note either way. People expected to see Gus either directly or indirectly this season long before either of those things confirmed it.

Fred.

Okay, I see that. We are all for the most part BB fans and we know that BCS is very likely to show us how Mike met Gus

But say you and I were arguing about who left that note and I was just a show watcher. You would point to the anagram and the podcasts and the interview as evidence that Gus left the note. I would maybe argue that Nacho did it because he told Mike to back off a few episodes ago. Or maybe I would argue that it's an unseen character. At best we would come to a stalemate because neither of us have any actual in show evidence of our position. My problem is with them introducing facts about the show that are completely unsupported by what they show us on the screen.

Black Ball

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mighty LBC
Dope final episode, but I felt a little disappointed that the finale was so low-key. They should've just showed Gus in some form or fashion, even if it was just a glimpse. It would've made the finale alot more grand.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Okay, I see that. We are all for the most part BB fans and we know that BCS is very likely to show us how Mike met Gus

But say you and I were arguing about who left that note and I was just a show watcher. You would point to the anagram and the podcasts and the interview as evidence that Gus left the note. I would maybe argue that Nacho did it because he told Mike to back off a few episodes ago. Or maybe I would argue that it's an unseen character. At best we would come to a stalemate because neither of us have any actual in show evidence of our position. My problem is with them introducing facts about the show that are completely unsupported by what they show us on the screen.

Well to be fair they had to confirm the anagram was correct because everyone is asking them about it. The plan was discussion/speculation like what you're talking about, then at some point during the summer they'd say :youngsabo: "look at the titles".

Somebody figuring that out early fukked everything up though. So after the anagram, who left the note is pretty obvious. They should've known better because this fan base is nuts when it comes to details. People actually contacted Rich Eisen because they heard his voice in the intro to the first episode this season, and were trying to figure out what podcast the janitor was listening to, to nail down how long it is after Walt dies. It's like a month and a half after the finale of "Breaking Bad".

You can't surprise people like that very easily.

Fred.

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
I think there will be a time jump next season, there has to be because they not getting younger . Kim is a breakout star and take a role and and ran with it. Because of this great job she did plus Chuck really stealing all his scenes the show slowed down the Saul intro. Next season I expect a year or 2 time jump. A much longer Gene episode. They are at the midpoint of the 5 season arc so I expect him to be in the strip mall next year.

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Well to be fair they had to confirm the anagram was correct because everyone is asking them about it. The plan was discussion/speculation like what you're talking about, then at some point during the summer they'd say :youngsabo: "look at the titles".

Somebody figuring that out early fukked everything up though. So after the anagram, who left the note is pretty obvious. They should've known better because this fan base is nuts when it comes to details. People actually contacted Rich Eisen because they heard his voice in the intro to the first episode this season, and were trying to figure out what podcast the janitor was listening to, to nail down how long it is after Walt dies. It's like a month and a half after the finale of "Breaking Bad".

You can't surprise people like that very easily.

Fred.

i cant believe theyd put an anagram in and expect nobody would figure it out with the way the internet is now. thats extremely stupid if thats the case

Gustavo J

Pro
Daps
Jimmy is a dumbass

Chuck is a dumbass too thinking his condition is real after two seasons :mjlol:

Jimmy shouldve commited chuck once ernesto told him how chuck was hating.....
And for jimmy to be a top notch finesser i think we gotta :salute: chuck for getting one back on jimmy like that.... 2 stooges man