The Official "Better Call Saul" Season 2 Thread

Soon

Banned
Daps
As much as I hate to admit it, it would've been very distracting. This show has no Walt to anchor it. Even with Walt, Gus almost stole season 4 of "Breaking Bad".

The way this season ended, we can speculate on just how different Jimmy and Chuck really are, because Chuck conned the fukk out of Jimmy in that last scene. We can wonder how that recording will fukk over Jimmy and Kim, on down to minor characters like Ernest and the copy shop guy.

You introduce Gus and all that shyt goes out the window. The focus would be on Gus. The way they did it with the DON'T note you know Gus is on the periphery watching everything going on, even if you don't see him. Once Gus is introduced the dynamic of the show is going to change drastically because he can't even interact with Jimmy/Saul.

Fred.

I don't think it will change the show, Gus will be interacting with Mike. And Mike hardly interacts with Jimmy/Saul. A lot of people are mistakenly thinking Jimmy and Mike are cooler than they really are, Mike is only out for self. We might not even see those people that were getting legacy payments and was killed in jail by those bikers.

Mike only needs Jimmy when he needs a shifty lawyer.

With Jimmy becoming Saul this is the best character study I've seen since Mad Men. But Mad Men did it with the whole ensemble, while BCS only focuses on Jimmy.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
It's not that it makes Gus looks incompetent imo, it just might bring some very unnecessary heat under him, because I'm sure Cartel knows Gus. If Hector is killed, Cartel goons can very well think Gus did it and come for his ass.

Gus would already be working with the cartel, this is only 6 years before "BB". Saul said Gus was active in ABQ for 20 years. It's a safe bet he was their distribution system via Los Pollos Hermanos for his entire stay in ABQ.

If he didn't ok Hector dying, he's incompetent. If he did, it's open rebellion. It was a lose-lose for him to let Mike kill Hector.

Fred.

Last edited:

Freddie.Cane

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
305 Canes, Dolphins, and Heat
Think back to "Breaking Bad", every single bad thing that happened to the cartel was because of Gus.

1. Sent the cousins to kill Hank, which caused a beef with the U.S. and Mexican cartels.
2. Had Mike kill the surviving cousin after that.
3. Cut off ties to the cartel, removing their distribution system in the southwest.
4. Had Juan Bolsa killed in his home.
5. Poisoned the remaining cartel members.
6. Tormented a helpless Hector Salamanca.

So why would he be ok with some random old man killing Hector? He wanted to fukk them up himself.

Not to mention if a a random guy kills Hector it makes Gus look incompetent, because that's his region. He's supposed to know what's going on.

Fred.
:ohhh: so GUS was the Cartels Walter White

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I don't think it will change the show, Gus will be interacting with Mike. And Mike hardly interacts with Jimmy/Saul. A lot of people are mistakenly thinking Jimmy and Mike are cooler than they really are, Mike is only out for self. We might not even see those people that were getting legacy payments and was killed in jail by those bikers.

Mike only needs Jimmy when he needs a shifty lawyer.

With Jimmy becoming Saul this is the best character study I've seen since Mad Men. But Mad Men did it with the whole ensemble, while BCS only focuses on Jimmy.

By "Breaking Bad" Mike is working for Saul. He's removing dead bodies for Saul. He's bugging Walt's house, for Saul.

They ain't gotta be cool. But at some point in the not so distance future they will have to develop a close work relationship. They were around each other constantly for "BB". Now they rarely appear on screen together.

That alone will change the dynamic of the show. Add Gus and you have a character that directly influences Mike, who can't ever interact with the title character of the series. Also the pendulum will swing heavily towards "BB" style fukkery, as opposed to the quiet character moments of Jimmy's arc.

Fred.

Soon

Banned
Daps
By "Breaking Bad" Mike is working for Saul. He's removing dead bodies for Saul. He's bugging Walt's house, for Saul.

They ain't gotta be cool. But at some point in the not so distance future they will have to develop a close work relationship. They were around each other constantly for "BB". Now they rarely appear on screen together.

That alone will change the dynamic of the show. Add Gus and you have a character that directly influences Mike, who can't ever interact with the title character of the series. Also the pendulum will swing heavily towards "BB" style fukkery, as opposed to the quiet character moments of Jimmy's arc.

Fred.

Season 1, I really saw the title character and Mike being I & I.

Now, I don't see that happening cause Jimmy is of no use to Mike. Mike has been doing his own thing, we just not accepting that fact or we are in denial.

Now, I realized Mike is doing this thing, and Jimmy is doing his thing.

The first 2 seasons showed Jimmy a recent law graduate who hasn't dealt with the criminal underworld. Season 3 he will be a malpractice and personal injury lawyer that does tv ads during daytime tv. I don't see how Gus or Mike can take Jimmy off course, they barely affected him in BB, it was Walt who was the source of everyone's troubles.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Season 1, I really saw the title character and Mike being I & I.

Now, I don't see that happening cause Jimmy is of no use to Mike. Mike has been doing his own thing, we just not accepting that fact or we are in denial.

Now, I realized Mike is doing this thing, and Jimmy is doing his thing.

The first 2 seasons showed Jimmy a recent law graduate who hasn't dealt with the criminal underworld. Season 3 he will be a malpractice and personal injury lawyer that does tv ads during daytime tv. I don't see how Gus or Mike can take Jimmy off course, they barely affected him in BB, it was Walt who was the source of everyone's troubles.

You're not understanding my point.

At some point Jimmy and Mike have to get on the same page. Because by "BB" they're working together constantly. And Mike has to report to Gus, because he was watching Saul for Gus.

So before this series ends they need to:

1. Introduce Gus.
2. Change Mike enough that he works for Gus.
3. Have Jimmy become Saul.
4. Have Mike work for Saul as his private investigator.

All four of those things will irrevocably change the dynamic of the show.

Fred.

Barry Sanders

Barry>>>
Daps
Reppin
Silverdome
Nacho working with Gus. Gus probably got Nacho on the inside with the cartel. Nacho probably told him about Mike and his vendetta for Hector. Gus want to kill Hector and he not going to let Mike do it.

Chuck know Jimmy like the back of his hand. He know Jimmy care for him that's why he "retired". Chuck wanted to prove he was right so bad he finessed Jimmy.

Ernesto just said fukk it.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Nacho working with Gus. Gus probably got Nacho on the inside with the cartel. Nacho probably told him about Mike and his vendetta for Hector. Gus want to kill Hector and he not going to let Mike do it.

Chuck know Jimmy like the back of his hand. He know Jimmy care for him that's why he "retired". Chuck wanted to prove he was right so bad he finessed Jimmy.

Ernesto just said fukk it.

I forgot to mention this but I thought the same thing. Nacho stood in front of Hector the whole time, blocking the only vantage point a sniper would have. That can't be a coincidence.

Also Gus's goons seemed to know Walt had a gun in "BB", so Gus or one of his goons knowing Lawson the gun dealer ain't far fetched.

Fred.

Soon

Banned
Daps
You're not understanding my point.

At some point Jimmy and Mike have to get on the same page. Because by "BB" they're working together constantly. And Mike has to report to Gus, because he was watching Saul for Gus.

So before this series ends they need to:

1. Introduce Gus.
2. Change Mike enough that he works for Gus.
3. Have Jimmy become Saul.
4. Have Mike work for Saul as his private investigator.

All four of those things will irrevocably change the dynamic of the show.

Fred.

Those 4 things might never happen.

Just like you said we wouldn't see Saul until season 8 or 9. And after finishing this season, I see your point that Saul is a long ways away.

Every since you pointed that out, It made the show more enjoyable to watch. Now I realize the show's writing is meticulous like Mad Men.

Season 3 will be most likely about events that forced Jimmy to become Saul.

Gus and Mike might connect, but the storylines of Mike and Jimmy are really independent of each other for awhile now.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
It might never happen, just like you said we wouldn't see Saul until season 8 or 9. And after finishing this season, I see your point that Saul is a long ways away, after that I realized the show's writing is more meticulous like Mad Men.

Season 3 will be most likely about events that forced Jimmy to become Saul.

Gus and Mike might connect, but the storylines of Mike and Jimmy are really independent of each other for awhile now.

I never said anything like that. :dwillhuh:

There isn't going to be a season 8 or 9. They're doing 5 seasons same as "BB".

So they have roughly 30 episodes to do all the shyt I mentioned, which is why I said once they push the button on any one of those 4 things, the show as we currently know it will be over. Even this season was drastically different than last season.

Fred.

Soon

Banned
Daps
I never said anything like that. :dwillhuh:

There isn't going to be a season 8 or 9. They're doing 5 seasons same as "BB".

So they have roughly 30 episodes to do all the shyt I mentioned, which is why I said once they push the button on any one of those 4 things, the show as we currently know it will be over. Even this season was drastically different than last season.

Fred.

I know it is going only 5 seasons, the point I think you was making is that we might not see Saul anytime soon.

So Gus coming in season 3 is for Mike's sake, cause the Jimmy and Mike storyline has been independent of each other for awhile now. All we get is them working on each others side action.

Jimmy is still a lawyer with no receptionist and he does cheesy commercials like other ambulance chasers. Notice no big time law firm or reputable lawyer like Kim does commercials.

Barry Sanders

Barry>>>
Daps
Reppin
Silverdome
I forgot to mention this but I thought the same thing. Nacho stood in front of Hector the whole time, blocking the only vantage point a sniper would have. That can't be a coincidence.

Also Gus's goons seemed to know Walt had a gun in "BB", so Gus or one of his goons knowing Lawson the gun dealer ain't far fetched.

Fred.

I think it was Gus idea to have Tuco killed. It would give Nacho more pull and more inner workings of the cartel. Mike balked on it tho. Mike just wanted some cash for the grand baby and might not wanted the heat on him.

Once Hector threatened him and the grand baby Mike took it personal. Mike scoped them and hit them for the cash.

Nacho questioned Mike manhood by saying he couldn't pull the trigger. So now Mike ready to kill Hector. Nacho probably told Gus about how Mike moving and Gus had some goons follow him.

If Mike kills Hector it messes up Gus plan. Gus probably like how Mike moves and brings him in next season. Mike know Jimmy and Mike link him up with Gus.

It was in BB episode were Mike told Gus Ill take out Hector if you want me to and Gus said I know you will but leave that to me.