The Official "Better Call Saul" Season 2 Thread

Soon

Banned
Daps
another weak finale just like last season

this show is VERY SLOW and needs to pick it up quickly in season 3 or else i'll stop watching

i gave it a long leash but it just isn't great....decent show but painfully slow and boring

1st season had action, and they stepped up the action this season, but what makes this season so good is they really dug deep into the story.

The amount of story they squeezed in the last 3 episodes alone was amazing. And the first 7 episodes of season 2 was so good I wondered how they could ever outdo themselves.

I don't see how you can call this show painfully slow and boring.

Nostalgic

Superstar
Daps
When you think about it, Jimmy and Chuck are the same as Jesse and Walt.

One hates the other (Chuck and Jesse) and the other hates the fact he can't leave the other one alone. (Jimmy and Walt)

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I dont see how that would have been distracting tho? keep the final scene exactly how it was then you can even show a car in the far distance driving away, camera pans out there and it's gus as passenger or driving, or a goon driving who then makes a call to a Pollo loco and tells gus "it's done"

Because this show is about saul and they want people to focus on the saul storyline and the shyt that just went down, not a cameo

We've already seen the most interesting events of what happened with Gus both with walt and the flashback. When gus comes back it'll probably be similar to tuco where he'll be in the background and the newer characters will be the focus or affiliated

At least that's what I'm hoping, that Vince isn't lazy enough to make another two seasons focused on Gus

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
how is it clearly Gus though? why would Gus write that/even be in the desert?

Think back to "Breaking Bad", every single bad thing that happened to the cartel was because of Gus.

1. Sent the cousins to kill Hank, which caused a beef with the U.S. and Mexican cartels.
2. Had Mike kill the surviving cousin after that.
3. Cut off ties to the cartel, removing their distribution system in the southwest.
4. Had Juan Bolsa killed in his home.
5. Poisoned the remaining cartel members.
6. Tormented a helpless Hector Salamanca.

So why would he be ok with some random old man killing Hector? He wanted to fukk them up himself.

Not to mention if a a random guy kills Hector it makes Gus look incompetent, because that's his region. He's supposed to know what's going on.

Fred.

Verbal Kint

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
TC, Ap
I don't think Jimmy incriminated himself as much as it seems. He didn't actually give any info that wasn't there before, he essentially just said 'yea, it all happened just like you said' while explicitly stating he was only saying this to make Chuck feel better. Of course if it was a criminal case they'd just have to talk to the kid at the copy place

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I dont see how that would have been distracting tho? keep the final scene exactly how it was then you can even show a car in the far distance driving away, camera pans out there and it's gus as passenger or driving, or a goon driving who then makes a call to a Pollo loco and tells gus "it's done"

As much as I hate to admit it, it would've been very distracting. This show has no Walt to anchor it. Even with Walt, Gus almost stole season 4 of "Breaking Bad".

The way this season ended, we can speculate on just how different Jimmy and Chuck really are, because Chuck conned the fukk out of Jimmy in that last scene. We can wonder how that recording will fukk over Jimmy and Kim, on down to minor characters like Ernest and the copy shop guy.

You introduce Gus and all that shyt goes out the window. The focus would be on Gus. The way they did it with the DON'T note you know Gus is on the periphery watching everything going on, even if you don't see him. Once Gus is introduced the dynamic of the show is going to change drastically because he can't even interact with Jimmy/Saul.

Fred.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Think back to "Breaking Bad", every single bad thing that happened to the cartel was because of Gus.

1. Sent the cousins to kill Hank, which caused a beef with the U.S. and Mexican cartels.
2. Had Mike kill the surviving cousin after that.
3. Cut off ties to the cartel, removing their distribution system in the southwest.
4. Had Juan Bolsa killed in his home.
5. Poisoned the remaining cartel members.
6. Tormented a helpless Hector Salamanca.

So why would he be ok with some random old man killing Hector? He wanted to fukk them up himself.

Not to mention if a a random guy kills Hector it makes Gus look incompetent, because that's his region. He's supposed to know what's going on.

Fred.
It's not that it makes Gus looks incompetent imo, it just might bring some very unnecessary heat under him, because I'm sure Cartel knows Gus. If Hector is killed, Cartel goons can very well think Gus did it and come for his ass.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
An anagram in the title!:ohmy: Vince did it again! GENIUS!!!

:stopitslime:

But in all seriousness I like this show through 2 seasons better than Breaking Bad through 2. No weak characters holding this show back. I dont mind the slow burn, we got plenty of other shows to keep us busy in the meantime.
Yeah an anagram is very corny. Can't believe people go nuts over shyt like that