The Official "Better Call Saul" Season 1 Thread

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
He also co-created Leonard Betts, the human cancer. :wow:

Also wrote what is IMO the best comedic "X-Files" episode, "Bad Blood".

And his last album was "The Chronic". :youngsabo:

Fred.
He wrote Bad Blood???? That shyt is a top 10 episode and should've been nominated for an emmy

• Dap
Reactions: hex

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
He wrote Bad Blood???? That shyt is a top 10 episode and should've been nominated for an emmy

Yep. He wrote a few of the GOAT level episodes.

Fred.

Daps
Reppin
Charlotte, North Carolina
bettercallsaul.gif

:ohlawd::banderas::myman:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

DTR90

Rookie
Daps
I don't think anyone is expecting this to be on the Breaking Bad/The Wire/Game Of Thrones/Sopranos level of television, but from several people who have already seen it, it's still supposed to be top drawer.

The people on Metacritic probably didn't like how it felt different to Breaking Bad, since Vince has basically told to expect something different.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
so @hexagram23 what is the tone of the show going to be like, obviously it's comedic but do you think it'll be comedic but with a darker/serious storyline or just 100% comedy/lighthearted

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
so @hexagram23 what is the tone of the show going to be like, obviously it's comedic but do you think it'll be comedic but with a darker/serious storyline or just 100% comedy/lighthearted

From the reviews of the first 3 eps (and I'd avoid reviews at this point, a few of the newer ones have blatant spoilers) tonally it's much more comedic than "Breaking Bad". When things get bad though, they get bad. The writers haven't lost their edge, this is still the same team that brought us "Ozymandias".

Andy Greenwald said it's a fun show....it's entertaining. He said a lot of new dramas are kinda like "look at us, we're serious, we're a real drama"....he said "Better Call Saul" is as good as anything on TV, but it's fun and entertaining.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Another positive review, I'll quote a relevant piece since there is minor spoilers in the article:

www.rogerebert.com/demanders/confident-brilliant-better-call-saul-returns-viewers-to-world-of-breaking-bad

“Better Call Saul” is not only a great show in the context of the program that birthed it into existence, but would be a great show with or without Walter White. It is thematically consistent with “Breaking Bad”—again, a good man sees a door open to a dangerous world and steps through it—but it is also cinematically directed, confidently acted, and thoroughly entertaining in its own right. “Breaking Bad” fans will lose their minds drawing connections to their favorite show, but perhaps this program’s greatest accomplishment is in how quickly I was sucked into its world and forgot about the one that preceded it.

Fred.

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@Hexgram -- what interview did you see about David Simon's new show? Can you hook me up with a link? Thx.