The Official "Better Call Saul" Season 1 Thread

Mr. Manhattan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I want a comedy series with a lot of dark disturbing content in the middle I think this show will be it

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Sorry about taking so long to respond guys I ain't been on The Coli all day.

@Hexgram -- what interview did you see about David Simon's new show? Can you hook me up with a link? Thx.

http://grantland.com/features/david-simon-show-me-a-hero-hbo-the-wire-treme/

Side note: David Simon is kind of a dikk head.

@hexagram23 ARE YOU GUYS GOING TO BE PUTTING GUS IN AT SOME POINT? :ohhh:
ARE YOU GOING TO COVER HIS HISTORY AT ALL? :ohhh:

THE FANS WANT IT VINCE :blessed:...I MEAN FRED :lolbron: WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Ric.

:myman:

Well there's an episode this season about Mike as a cop, which is even earlier in the time line than the show is set. So anything is possible. Saul never met Gus though, he had no idea who Gus was, remember?

I guess they could have Saul eat at Los Pollos Hermanos and interact with him....but prior to Walt working with Gus, Saul had no idea that guy was "the guy" Mike knew. Also I'm not sure if Mike worked for Gus yet. Not even sure what Mike is doing validating parking unless he's trying to get the drop on someone.

There's also another "Breaking Bad" character that pops up at....some point....during the first season. I won't say who though. :youngsabo:

Fred.

Ari Gold Bawse

The Bawse of all Bosses
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
i might stream live (3am over here) just for the coli live thread :banderas:

i dont work on mondays :smugdraper:

• Dap
Reactions: hex

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Another positive review from The New York Times. I'll pull quotes because the review itself has spoilers:

“Better Call Saul” is better than good: It’s delightful — in a brutal, darkly comic way, of course.

Like spacecraft that shed their booster rockets to rise in a sudden swoosh of power, “Better Call Saul” really gets going in the second episode, especially in a scene in which Jimmy uses his verbal skills — a dizzying blend of humility, guile and volubility — to avert disaster.

Great as it was, “Breaking Bad” couldn’t be duplicated and certainly didn’t need a sequel. “Better Call Saul” is the next best thing — a prelude that needs no introduction.

Fred.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
You ever notice that Lydia and Saul are very similar ? Just saying it's more than a coincidence ...

I was going to say that Saul wasn't bloodthirsty like Lydia. But then I remembered that he was trying to tell Walter to have Badger killed in jail the first episode he appeared in.

• Dap

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I was going to say that Saul wasn't bloodthirsty like Lydia. But then I remembered that he was trying to tell Walter to have Badger killed in jail the first episode he appeared in.

He also suggested Walt kill Jesse in season 3 and obviously hinted that Walt should kill Hank in season 5.

More importantly, in his first appearance, when Walt and Jesse got him out in the desert he says "I'm forever a friend to the cartel" in Spanish. He thought they were cartel goons....meaning he already had ties to the cartel before it was ever shown on "Breaking Bad".

Fred.

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
Not only that but she speaks multiple languages like Saul is kill first to be safe. While Saul dresses flamboyant she dresses classy but expensive. Just saying Saul was married several times and brags about it while she never mentions what happens to her former husband ...

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
not that I watch it too much, but are they just skipping Talking Dead this week because of Better Call Saul? I figured this would be a big week for that show since they are coming off the break.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
not that I watch it too much, but are they just skipping Talking Dead this week because of Better Call Saul? I figured this would be a big week for that show since they are coming off the break.

It's being pushed back to make way for "Better Call Saul", which is airing both Sunday and Monday this week only. After that it'll air on Mondays.

Fred.

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
It's being pushed back to make way for "Better Call Saul", which is airing both Sunday and Monday this week only. After that it'll air on Mondays.

Fred.
props....when i first saw better call saul announced for the same day as TWD return, I just assumed it would be the lead in to TWD, not after it. Makes sense this way tho. Glad Saul is on mondays, which will be interesting when season two starts and goes up against MNF.....

• Dap