The Official "Better Call Saul" Season 1 Thread

Trey0'5Blue2Gz

I'm The Cook that killed Gus Fring
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Liberty City
Quick question is this going to be on Netflix too or what? I haven't been following any news on where it'll be airing since I know AMC will premiere it

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

Trey0'5Blue2Gz

I'm The Cook that killed Gus Fring
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Liberty City
  • Dap
Reactions: hex

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I hope this series goes into the origin of Pollo....Like why was the cartel's so shook to killing him? They had snipers shooting around him they were so shook.... Why?

That wasn't why they couldn't kill him. They needed him alive to use the distribution system he had in place with Los Pollos Hermanos and Madrigal Electromotive. He worked 20 years to build that, and had a lot of loyal people from a street level like Mike and his goons all the way up to a corporate level like Peter Schuller (the guy that killed himself in Germany in season 5A) and Lydia.

So it's not like they could just kill him and replace him. They shot up his trucks and killed his workers to send a message, so he walked out there like :umad: "I know you can't kill me" in front of the sniper.

Fred.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
That wasn't why they couldn't kill him. They needed him alive to use the distribution system he had in place with Los Pollos Hermanos and Madrigal Electromotive. He worked 20 years to build that, and had a lot of loyal people from a street level like Mike and his goons all the way up to a corporate level like Peter Schuller (the guy that killed himself in Germany in season 5A) and Lydia.

So it's not like they could just kill him and replace him. They shot up his trucks and killed his workers to send a message, so he walked out there like :umad: "I know you can't kill me" in front of the sniper.

Fred.

That's not why. Remember when they killed his partner and the Don said "The only reason I left you alive is I know who you are" in regards to his past in Chile. They could of killed him a few times but didn't. It wasn't because he was a great at distribution. It was because they feared what would happen to them if they killed Gus.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
That's not why. Remember when they killed his partner and the Don said "The only reason I left you alive is I know who you are" in regards to his past in Chile. They could of killed him a few times but didn't. It wasn't because he was a great at distribution. It was because they feared what would happen to them if they killed Gus.

That's two totally separate things, like 20 years apart. I'll explain a little about that in a sec.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
@Wargames

Ok peep game.

The flash back scene was never explained, but if you take clues, quotes, etc. from the series it's pretty easy to figure out why the cartel didn't kill Gus in the flash back:

When Hank is interrogating Gus in season 4, he mentions that Gus came to America from Chile in '89. He was obviously someone important and well-connected which is why Don Eladio didn't kill him in that flash back sequence in "Hermanos".

Augusto Pinochet was the President (dictator) of Chile until 1990. I won't go into much detail about him, but he was a scary individual that had thousands of his rivals murdered for political reasons. The guy was a monster.

One key thing about him though, was his fondness of chemistry. He had hidden labs built all over the country side, ran by chemists that would create chemically altered versions of common drugs. For example, they made a "black" variant of cocaine, the color variation was due to the chemical process used to create it.

Pinochet 'sold cocaine to Europe and US' | World news | The Guardian

Does this sound familiar? Gus didn't pull that lab idea out of his ass, he took the idea from his OG back in Chile. This was also hinted at in the season 3 episode "One Minute" when you see a younger Tio, and the cousins. He jokingly refers to Gus as "The Grand Generalissimo".

So they didn't kill him back then because he had connections.

Fast forward to modern times, and the sniper. Directly after that scene Jesse and Mike have this conversation:

Jesse: What was the deal with Gus?

Mike: The deal?

Jesse: That "Terminator" shyt, walking right into the bullets? What the hell was he doing?

Mike: The cartel needs Gus. His distribution network. They're not looking to kill him.

Fred.

DTR90

Rookie
Daps
Premiere was in LA last night, featured a Breaking Bad reunion

B8nFxaCCYAEBrHu.jpg

tumblr_nizfjyxJXk1qca9soo2_500.png

:blessed: No sign of Giancarlo da gawd though.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
So, this is sitting on a 72 on metacritic :patrice:

I wouldn't call that particularly good.

We'll see come Sunday