The Official "Better Call Saul" Season 1 Thread

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Filmed like Breaking Bad? Sure they're similar but did you expect them to completely revamp their style? And even with that there's a lot if differences like the digital camera, the still wide shots, the zoom like in the scene where they close in on Mike leaning in or Abuelitos face or Saul while Tuco is breaking the skaters legs, or different cinematography in general like the date scene or Sauls argument with his brother and even the montage while being a montage was pretty damn different.
And dialogue? What did you want them to do? Get worse? If anything it's more comedic, the show in general is more comedic.
Oh and a huge chunk of the show is fan service and filled with Breaking Bad characters?
Anything fan service related I didn't even notice and the only people who do are the ones actively searching for that type of thing and you can see that in a lot of discussions on the show so it's nothing big or intrusive and guess what? This is in the same universe as Breaking Bad so if course there will be characters from the series and each of them makes sense to be in there and isn't some gratuitous throw in made for winks.
Tuco made perfect sense and was damn good television and damn good for Sauls character and introducing him to Nacho who we will actually be following and Mike is a co-star on the show and we've known this and we've known they had history pre breaking bad so there's nothing wrong with that at all.
The only people hung up on these things are the people who can't let go that it's a spin-off and having it form it's "own identity" so they harp on these little things and ruin enjoyment of the show for themselves.
None of what you wrote changes the fact the show has no identity of its own yet.

You typed up a whole lot of nothing to be honest.

Its two episodes in, so its not a problem at this point and all the fan service was to be expected.

But sayinv it already has its own identity is laughable. People are more excited to see tuco and mike then they are from anythi g original coming from the show.

And again at 2 episodes in thats not a big concern. We likely wont really know what the show is like until the season is over and its had some time to get its feet under it.

But at this point its just a lesser BB filled with fan service.

Lets see wheres it at after a season because writing dissertations about two episodes is goddamn silly.

Pifferry

blegh
Daps
None of what you wrote changes the fact the show has no identity of its own yet.

You typed up a whole lot of nothing to be honest.

Its two episodes in, so its not a problem at this point and all the fan service was to be expected.

But sayinv it already has its own identity is laughable. People are more excited to see tuco and mike then they are from anythi g original coming from the show.

And again at 2 episodes in thats not a big concern. We likely wont really know what the show is like until the season is over and its had some time to get its feet under it.

But at this point its just a lesser BB filled with fan service.

Lets see wheres it at after a season because writing dissertations about two episodes is goddamn silly.
Blame that on other people.
I'm most interested in Jimmy and Nacho along with figuring out what Chuck and that Hamlin guy is about.
Maybe that's because I wasn't a gigantic Mike fan though.
And what makes it lesser? Are you saying these episodes are low quality? It's a different show and I pointed out reasons why in that post which you just dismissed as nothing (and I don't remember if I mentioned the pacing differences as well).
Maybe it would help if you stopped trying to compare the two shows.

Hammer

Banned
Daps
Saul was on SNL tn and his hair looked different, does this dude wear a wig for the show?

unseen

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This show is already off to a much more impressive start than breaking bad was

Saul is such a great character

Daps
Reppin
Charlotte, North Carolina
THIS shyt SHOULD BE ON SUNDAYS BREHS

1426.gif