The Official "Better Call Saul" Season 1 Thread

GoPro

EscoBeard Season Has Returned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#CertLife #ITGang
Crawl Space? It was like the entire Internet exploded after the last shot in that episode.

Yes. And ya boy Walt did turn into the Joker at the end of that shyt :russ:

On a scale of 1-10 how dumb has Walt been acting this season?

At least an 8. On the real, I've been thinking this whole time that he should just let Jessie destroy himself cause he was a perennial fukk up. But now I see the loyalty between the two of em is too strong.

I'm on Face Off right now, so I pretty much know what's gonna happen. :wow:

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
I found this site by looking for Breaking Bad discussions and read through almost each and every page of both of those threads and it was hilarious.
One of my best reading experiences on this site (other than the episode where Skyler went in the pool because the posts just made me sick).
I wish I could forget it and read them again along with the Mollywatyr thread.
I posted on Sohh but was mainly a lurker then I posted heavy the BB thread and on this site for 5a and 5b , I even caught two bans from the BB thread. I learned my lesson I will not post semi spoilers again on BCS . Now True Detective...

Pifferry

blegh
Daps
Yes. And ya boy Walt did turn into the Joker at the end of that shyt :russ:

At least an 8. On the real, I've been thinking this whole time that he should just let Jessie destroy himself cause he was a perennial fukk up. But now I see the loyalty between the two of em is too strong.

I'm on Face Off right now, so I pretty much know what's gonna happen. :wow:
If he listened too Jesse and didn't act like a self possessed prick so many problems could have been solved.
What did you think of the "I'm the one who knocks" scene and Skyker giving Ted the money?

GoPro

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#CertLife #ITGang
The end of Faceoff :banderas:. Ya boy Walt is diabolical! Series would've been perfect had it ended right there. But on to the next one :blessed:

Pifferry

blegh
Daps
The end of Faceoff :banderas:. Ya boy Walt is diabolical! Series would've been perfect had it ended right there. But on to the next one :blessed:
I'm one of the people who doesn't think that but Vince Gilligan did say he could have been mildly satisfied if it ended then which was the goal because they didn't know if they were coming back for another season yet.

GoPro

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#CertLife #ITGang
cant you guys bump the old breaking bad thread instead of filling this up with your recaps?

leave this for better call saul

I was trying to avoid that thread cause i didn't want anything spoiled for me, but I'll be done before the next episode of BCS. No work tomorrow :blessed: and im starting the season 5 now.
If he listened too Jesse and didn't act like a self possessed prick so many problems could have been solved.
What did you think of the "I'm the one who knocks" scene and Skyker giving Ted the money?

True true. The whole series wouldn't have existed had he just taken the charity. He's a self-absorbed narcissistic ass. I knew that as early as him saying fukk you to Gwendolyn. The knocks shyt was him admitting he's a killer, another dumb comment. I get her giving him the money, im actually on her side now. She thought 7 mil was coming in a year. 600k is nothing

Pifferry

blegh
Daps
I was trying to avoid that thread cause i didn't want anything spoiled for me, but I'll be done before the next episode of BCS. No work tomorrow :blessed: and im starting the season 5 now.

True true. The whole series wouldn't have existed had he just taken the charity. He's a self-absorbed narcissistic ass. I knew that as early as him saying fukk you to Gwendolyn. The knocks shyt was him admitting he's a killer, another dumb comment. I get her giving him the money, im actually on her side now. She thought 7 mil was coming in a year. 600k is nothing
Vince Gilligan said he put the stuff in there with Gretchen as a way to show his real motives for being in the business, to give him an out but the majority of the fans of the series were still using the he's doing it for his family excuse up until the last season and some until this day and blaming everybody else for for his actions so that they could justify liking and rooting for him.
I always took his answer to Jesse in episode one about why he's doing it as his real answer.
And my interpretation of the knock scene was him taking out his anger and frustration and feelings of being trapped and inadequacy on his wife because he's the only person he held a modicum of power on in his life at that point.
But most people just went lol badass line.
And on the Skyler thing she has a ridiculously large hate base and that's not to say she doesn't do wrong because no one on this show is without a sin but goddamn you wouldn't believe the shyt said about her and the actress Anna Gunn.
She ended up writing an Op-Ed (which I don't totally agree with) in the NYtimes about the vitriolic response towards Skyler and even herself.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Its funny how the announced episode titles start off as Spanish expressions, then just turn into random words that end with "o":
1. Uno
2. Mijo
3. Nacho
4. Hero
5. Jello

• Dap
Reactions: hex

GoPro

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#CertLife #ITGang
Vince Gilligan said he put the stuff in there with Gretchen as a way to show his real motives for being in the business, to give him an out but the majority of the fans of the series were still using the he's doing it for his family excuse up until the last season and some until this day and blaming everybody else for for his actions so that they could justify liking and rooting for him.
I always took his answer to Jesse in episode one about why he's doing it as his real answer.
And my interpretation of the knock scene was him taking out his anger and frustration and feelings of being trapped and inadequacy on his wife because he's the only person he held a modicum of power on in his life at that point.
But most people just went lol badass line.
And on the Skyler thing she has a ridiculously large hate base and that's not to say she doesn't do wrong because no one on this show is without a sin but goddamn you wouldn't believe the shyt said about her and the actress Anna Gunn.
She ended up writing an Op-Ed (which I don't totally agree with) in the NYtimes about the vitriolic response towards Skyler and even herself.

I just finished S5E4 and can see where the hate is coming from. Ever since she found out about Gus, shes been back to the cold bytchy character from season 2. I can slightly understand her fear, but her actions don't inspire sympathy at all.
Plus, with all the shyt shes put Walt through (the latest being that "all i can do is wait" line), a lot of other men wouldve whopped her ass long time ago. Her wishy washy ness is annoying. Shoulda just turned in the divorce papers.

But now for my Walking Dead break.