The Official "Better Call Saul" Season 1 Thread

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
dog, any good show will plan the entire SERIES from start to finish right at the beginning and do season archs every season

y'all n*ggaz act like this is some groundbreaking sh*t... stop that... sopranos started that whole revolution back in 1998

stop watching wack ass network tv shows... step up to the intellectual big leagues - hbo, showtime etc

let's not act like most showtime shows don't turn to shyt after 3 or 4 seasons

ditto for true blood..though that was never a great show..it turned to pure ass

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
:lupe: :ohh: Means that they preplanned the whole season from day one, which would account for the excellent writing and continuity. Walking dead on the other hand tends to be all over the place week to week

Vince Gilligan in the BB podcasts admitted that they STOPPED planning out the seasons ahead of time in season 3, because it was too much work. There's a certain point in one of the episodes that they didn't know how to get beyond until they finished the script for that episode.

In spite if this, Season 3 is when I began to say that Breaking Bad was my favorite show of all time. So, pre-planning isn't everything, as long as what happens flows logically from what came before it.

Disgustya Stallone

Man Who Owns 2 Microwaves
Daps
let's not act like most showtime shows don't turn to shyt after 3 or 4 seasons

ditto for true blood..though that was never a great show..it turned to pure ass
great point.. i blame the greedy networks.. they keep those shows going

the shelf life for any great show is 4-5 seasons... MAYBE 6

them n*ggaz got super greedy with dexter, true blood etc and kept them on way too long

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Vince Gilligan in the BB podcasts admitted that they STOPPED planning out the seasons ahead of time in season 3, because it was too much work. There's a certain point in one of the episodes that they didn't know how to get beyond until they finished the script for that episode.

In spite if this, Season 3 is when I began to say that Breaking Bad was my favorite show of all time. So, pre-planning isn't everything, as long as what happens flows logically from what came before it.

That's not entirely accurate. They have a rough arc for the season, then they break it down into individual episodes. From there they break down the details of the episode and write them on notes on a board. After that they hand it off to a writer to actually do the script.

This is for season 4, episode 1:

eccgpjfrq1dajmoxpt48a1kjdbavow3oc_z701fbteamoezxmfaomdx2zk5-ofxjk7jcqfppwmruv2ua_0awq.jpeg

The main difference with season 2, is they tried to write a whole season towards the pink teddy bear falling into the pool, with no context. It was basically "ok, pink teddy bear falls into a pool....GO!"

That, that said they'd never do again....although they did it again in season 5A and 5B, with the machine gun.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
dog, any good show will plan the entire SERIES from start to finish right at the beginning and do season archs every season

y'all n*ggaz act like this is some groundbreaking sh*t... stop that... sopranos started that whole revolution back in 1998

stop watching wack ass network tv shows... step up to the intellectual big leagues - hbo, showtime etc

HBO is not what it once was. Aside from "Game Of Thrones"....which I dunno if you watch.

"The Leftovers"....:ld:

"True Detective" was cool until the finale. Season 2 is sounding shaky.

That's currently their drama line-up.

Fred.

Pifferry

blegh
Daps

It's pretty amazing that characters like Mike and Gus weren't planned.
And how many ridiculously lucky things happened for this show to he as good as it was starting so the Writers Strike and Vince not knowing Weeds existed. It's like the stars perfectly aligned to make this show as good as possible.
Also on the planning ahead stuff if you listen to the Insider Podcast for episode one of Saul Vince talks about how while sometimes filming episodes while torture writing still is nerve wracking he likes the freedom it brings to the process.
The Kettlemens weren't even supposed to be big characters this season but he loved the actors so much while filming episode one the he decided make them integral to the entire season.

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
HBO is not what it once was. Aside from "Game Of Thrones"....which I dunno if you watch.

"The Leftovers"....:ld:

"True Detective" was cool until the finale. Season 2 is sounding shaky.

That's currently their drama line-up.

Fred.

I have to agree with this. To be honest, Girls is their only show really taking risks and doing classic "HBO" type shyt.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
On a serious note... Electromagnatism is bad for you. If you live in a city its essentially another type of pollution.
But just like radiation or smog or light pollution or floride in the water you have to go through ridiculous means to minimize your exposure to it... and you end up looking like Chuck, next to a kerosine lamp wrapped in a space blanket.
:manny:
I will not stand for any Chuck slander:ufdup: