The Official "Better Call Saul" Season 1 Thread

Mr. Manhattan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
So I just watched the first 2 episodes last night and Im so happy the cinematography from Breaking Bad has made its way into this show

Tuco is back!! :blessed: I missed this crazy motherfukker, hopefully he remains as a staple character throughout the series

I'll admit when I seen Mike again... I cheered, and applauded.. Can't wait to see him put in work

First 2 episodes were great, I'm excited this show is on

But most of all I'm excited to see the Breaking Bad Coli Alumni again :mjcry:

There's gonna be so much fukkery in this show

Last edited:

Mr. Manhattan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
2dt6d0i.jpg
nikkas really in here hating on Chuck McGill da gawd? I thought the coli was full of 90's hip hop fans? I figured dudes would be down with team Chuck the second he broke out the shiny suit. Real nikkas don't fukk with electromagnetism, brehs:scust: Y'all know my stanning track record, I always roll with the winners:myman: Y'all could roll with Saul if you want but dude did nothing but catch Ls for two episodes. Your boy's outchea working at a Cinnabon making munchkins. That's not what they mean when they say get that dough, my dude. Dude's getting straight shook cause a customer noticed his old bust down outside the store. Dude goes home and watches game tape of his glory days like Al Bundy, ol "I got four Not Guilties in one day" in the face nikka:flabbynsick:Your boy Saul's outchea tryna stunt on nikkas while pushing a 98 Suzuki Esteem same color popular hot dog condiment with the sauerkraut guts. How'd that shyt even pass inspection?:why:Your just gonna let your brother throw your phone in the bushes like that? That shyt didn't have gorilla glass, you never got a case for it, and you declined the optional insurance. Dude doesn't have the bread for a new phone and his upgrade ain't for another year:what:How you gonna let random lawyers run you for your Fritos, brehs? shyt was $1.75, dude could've bought his own. I get your negotiating from a position of weakness but you could've let the nikka have a bag of Sun Chips or something, not the Fritos:damn:I've seen my dude Mike let cats with no stickers out of that lot plenty of times yet he always gives Saul that Gandalf treatment, straight disrespect:wow: The nikka can't even get a refreshing glass of cucumber water without getting sonned by a Korean manicurist. Saul's outchea drinking struggle beverages like Mollywatr:scusthov: He was supposed to get a corner office with a view in that salon but Soo Yung got it instead:mjlol:He should've taken up dude from Hamlin Hamlin McGill on that offer of the six danishes, god knows he ain't eating right. The restaurant he was at with that big titty chick apparently had unlimited breadsticks, he shoulda grabbed a doggy bag. They're not cheddar biscuits, but it's better than nothing:manny:I don't know why he wouldn't take up this Nacho dude's offer. If anything it might open a lane to Tuco which means free cooking lessons. Tuco's chef curry with the pot. Had his abuelita set up nicely feasting on quesadillas, sipping on Patron Silver and watching her novellas. She hates Pablo cause he's always cheating on Maria, but Maria always takes him back:snoop:Salsa stains really are a bytch to get out of carpet, doe. That's why Tuco usually makes guacamole. nikkas don't have club soda on deck all the time like that
2a7hp35.jpg
@hexagram23 You better talk to your boy Judge Irving R. Nance. He needs to run a tighter courtroom. Don't think I didn't peep that one dude drawing a picture of Khal Drogo on a unicorn. #targset doesn't stand for such blatant disrespect, my dude:ufdup:If Saul was such a good lawyer, how come he didn't get those three creepy nikkas off the hook? October 13, 2001 was a Saturday(yes, I checked:beli:). Y'all nikkas really tryna tell me you never met up with your boys, broke into the morgue and performed illegal acts of necrophilia out of boredom on a Saturday?:comeon:That should've been a slap on the wrist. I thought your boy Saul was a stickler for justice? If he's tryna be a J. Cole level lawyer that gets paid what Cochran got paid to free OJ, he should've been able to get those dumbass twins out of there with their limbs in tact. Those nikkas were once in a lifetime skateboard talents, brehs. I'm talking X-Games gold medal status. They'll never kick flip again:mjcry:

We missed u breh :mjcry: :ohlawd: :blessed:

Daps
I haven't read the whole thread or listened to a lot of reviews....but this is kind of a stupid observation.

Anyone else think the very first second or two of the BCS Pilot where they are doing the Cinnabon thing in black and white looks almost close to the scene of Walter White sitting in the car with the windshield covered in snow? That was the scene where there was a huge theory about whether the rest of the BB ending was a dream/fantasy/dying hallucination or something? Some people thought after this point everything goes "perfect" ...too perfect.

Anyway...reading too much into it I guess...but it was my first thought.

post-28714-Walter-White-finale-meme-gif-h-x67P.gif

Pilot ep for free
http://www.amctv.com/full-episodes/better-call-saul/4040199898001/uno

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
Nah you just looking for reasons to not like the show. His reviews are Like the show. Perfect.
Not considering the show GOAT based off two episodes means you don't like it?:what:

I wasn't thrilled with the pilot but the second episode was better...

I'm a BB stan and want this show to succeed as much as anyone else but im not going to blindly defend this show based off its predecessors success...I'm sure it will get better when jimmy becomes Saul till then my doubts remain...

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
havent been able to watch episode 2 yet ... looking forward to it

thought the pilot episode was fantastic

KnickstapeCity

:mjpls:
Daps
Reppin
New York
I have a question but it might be a little silly but :manny:
I never watched Breaking Bad while it was airing on TV. I watched it on Netflix.
Actually, I saw some of the episodes while it was still on TV but I wasn't able to follow but once it was on Netflix I watched it :banderas:
Third time now :wow: :banderas:

Now.... On Netflix, BB had curses. They cursed all the time.
From watching those 2 episodes of BCS, it's been fairly clean. I don't think they said the words fukk, shyt, or anything not even once.

Do they show the explicit version once it hits Netflix? @hexagram23

CapitalOne

Do You Believe...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Now.... On Netflix, BB had curses. They cursed all the time.
From watching those 2 episodes of BCS, it's been fairly clean. I don't think they said the words fukk, shyt, or anything not even once.

Do they show the explicit version once it hits Netflix? @hexagram23
one of the twins said what the fukk when the grandmother drove away in the first episode

Last edited:

notPsychosiz

I started this gangsta sh-
Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
On a serious note... Electromagnatism is bad for you. If you live in a city its essentially another type of pollution.
But just like radiation or smog or light pollution or floride in the water you have to go through ridiculous means to minimize your exposure to it... and you end up looking like Chuck, next to a kerosine lamp wrapped in a space blanket.
:manny:

Mr. Manhattan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I wanted to point out Bob Odenkirk is a great actor, he was one dimensional in Breaking Bad.. But this starring role has him displaying his talents.. The scene with him and his brother wearing the 90s shiny jacket
seems like a very comedic scene on paper, but it was taken with a serious approach.. Saul looked depressed to see his brother in that mode.. and did a good job acting it out