The Official "Better Call Saul" Season 1 Thread

Brady-Carter

It is what it is..
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TDot
Man, just re-watched this ep.. That final scene with the McGill brothers, is wow. :mjcry:

Maybe it's b/c this show is apart of the breaking bad universe. But man, 9 eps. into this show, and Sauls relationship with his bro hits so hard? Mike dropping gems. :whew:

In Vince Gilligan and Co. I trust. :lawd:

Last edited:

Barry Sanders

Barry>>>
Daps
Reppin
Silverdome
l
Nah man, it's fukk Hamlin too. That man doesn't have any compassion.

hamlin doing what he gotta do. chuck might have made that call and howard aint a partner no more. it's fukked up tho. it prolly was eating at him but he was able to contain it but when kim approached him he finally let it out.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
@hexagram23 Lemme ask you this... Realistically how do you think they're going to keep showing characters from BB in this show without it getting silly due to age.... Im guessing this show will go for about 5 or 6 seasons... What do you think their plan is...

Also has anyone verified how old Mikes granddaughter was in BB, because from what I remember she looks the same age in this as she did in BB..

As far as I remember her age was never revealed. She's looks a lot younger in this show though. Peep game, #1 is "BCS", #2 is "BB":

Kaylee1_zpsykogl4jm.png

Kaylee2_zpsw6zdzp8q.png

I would assume 4-5 seasons, as far as them aging :manny: you gotta charge it to the game I guess. It's unavoidable. They will be following Saul during/after "Breaking Bad" at some point though.

Fred.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
I'm only halfway through reading this thread, but I finally caught up with the show so I wanna drop some thoughts

This shyt is:wow:

Take Breaking Bad, subtract all the shytty characters, then add in a bunch of solid new characters and bam:wow:

The slow burn is :wow:

So much character development:wow:. Its beautiful. They could have jumped in and turned this into a cash cow aka Breaking Bad Continued, but nope.....this has its own identity

I'm impressed

I hope we don't see Saul Goodman until season 3:ehh:

Brady-Carter

It is what it is..
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TDot
I hope we don't see Saul Goodman until season 3:ehh:

Apparently, we should not expect to see Saul anytime soon.

Thomas Schnauz and Gilligan spoke on the podcast about the fact that the confrontation between Jimmy and Chuck at the end of the episode could have very well been the season finale, and that the show often drops season-finale-type episodes earlier than the end of the season. They also suggest that next week’s “fun” episode will take Jimmy in “new directions,” which suggests that the finale is less about closure to this season and more about setting up next season. Don’t expect to see “Saul” anytime soon.

Number 9 on the list.

LINK

I was hmm, going into this series. But after 9 eps. It is kinda wild to think how far they can take this series.

Last edited:

Pifferry

blegh
Daps
BTW Chuck is a hoe...

That is why i'm upset...

Chuck had a chance to put Jimmy on the right path but chose not to.

He thinks Jimmy is a fukk up and that he shouldn't aim higher.

:pacspit:
How many times do you think Chuck put Jimmy on the right path in the past before he said enough is enough and you won't make a fool out of me in the flashback to the jail?

flea

Legend
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dade County
as an older brother, chuck's actions disgusted me. as an older brother u are here to make your parents proud but to also guide your siblings to soar with u. dog that shyt pissed me off. i could never see myself shytting on my brother like that. thats my mans :to: we look out for each other :to:

Ghostface Trillah

God-level poster
Daps
Reppin
Mt. Olympus
I don't know how people didn't see the Chuck heel turn coming. Chuck is a PARTNER, he probably could've gave Saul with no effort. Around episode 2-4 I realized that if Saul didn't have a job at that company it was because his brother didn't want him there.

You would think that Jimmy getting himself together and getting a law degree then finding a multi-million case would let Chuck know that he's the trying to be the real deal but he's always going to be Slippin' Jimmy to Chuck. Him letting Hamlin be the bad guy was real fukkboyish but Hamlin looks like a fukkboy anyway. His favorite hue is "Hamlin Blue" even his office was Hamlin Blue.

Hitman Mike, no gun necessary :wow: Make sure all the money is there for my favorite goon or else :ufdup:

Xtraz2

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles, CA
OG Mike schoolin tha YGs :wow:

Im thinking they gon have a courtroom face off, battling a case against each other, with personal laundry spillin in tha courtroom :banderas:

• Dap
Reactions: hex
Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
By the way, DISGUSTYA at all the trash talk throughout this thread

The ADHD generation strikes again

I swear 90% of yall have never watched a quality TV series in real time before. No frame of reference for pacing or character development. Bunch of DVD watching noobs:scusthov:

Stick to Empire next time and leave the adult shows to the adults:camby:

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't know how people didn't see the Chuck heel turn coming. Chuck is a PARTNER, he probably could've gave Saul with no effort. Around episode 2-4 I realized that if Saul didn't have a job at that company it was because his brother didn't want him there.

You would think that Jimmy getting himself together and getting a law degree then finding a multi-million case would let Chuck know that he's the trying to be the real deal but he's always going to be Slippin' Jimmy to Chuck. Him letting Hamlin be the bad guy was real fukkboyish but Hamlin looks like a fukkboy anyway. His favorite hue is "Hamlin Blue" even his office was Hamlin Blue.

Hitman Mike, no gun necessary :wow: Make sure all the money is there for my favorite goon or else :ufdup:
i had a feeling chuck was working against jimmy somehow, or at least, more loyal to howard and HHM than he was his brother. that "youre a chimp with a machine gun" shyt though? Wasnt expecting that