The Official "Better Call Saul" Season 1 Thread

Medulla Oblongata

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
fukk Chuck :pacspit:

Love the scenes with Mike and his philosophy on Good and Evil another classic scene... Dude is modern age Socrates with all the realness he spits.. Just have a whole episode with Mike spitting knowledge and wisdom and it'll be classic
Is there a link to this scene?

:lupe:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Is there a link to this scene?

:lupe:

The scene is new enough there's no links that I know of, but I did quote it earlier in the thread:
Mike: The lesson is, if you're going to be a criminal, do your homework.

Pryce: Now wait, I'm not a bad guy....

Mike:
I didn't say you were a bad guy, I said you're a criminal.

Pryce:
What's the difference?

Mike:
I've known good criminals and bad cops, bad priests and honorable thieves. You can be on one side of the law or the other, but if you make a deal with somebody, you keep your word. You can go home today with your money and never do this again. But you took something that wasn't yours and you sold it for a profit. You're now a criminal. Good one? Bad one? That's up to you.

Fred.

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Mike is such a boss :wow:

Chuck did Jimmy dirty, but I mean ... dude was right in what he said

We already know what Jimmy becomes ...

:yeshrug:

ryderldb

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
everyone has as a "slippin jimmy" in their family. so to see a "slippin jimmy" make something of themself is good thing to see. and instead of chuck embracing jimmy he only pushes him farther away. yeah you been a fukk up for years but you get your shyt together and you find out your brother thinks you aint shyt. that has to hurt. and to find out that chuck been having howard do his talking shows what chuck about .and instead of mentoring jimmy chuck debos the case for his own firm and just wants to pay jimmy off. if anything he should have brought jimmy into fold.
Stealing the case from jimmy for his own firm is a fukked up move, but I don't think chuck minds seeing his fukk up of a brother succeed he just doesn't want to risk his brother potentially fukking up HHM which he built. I'm sure he's been burned by jimmy more than once in the past so it's kinda like fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame one me.

Barry Sanders

Barry>>>
Daps
Reppin
Silverdome
Stealing the case from jimmy for his own firm is a fukked up move, but I don't think chuck minds seeing his fukk up of a brother succeed he just doesn't want to risk his brother potentially fukking up HHM which he built. I'm sure he's been burned by jimmy more than once in the past so it's kinda like fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame one me.

yeah jimmy probably fukked chuck over alot. jimmy got his shyt together and built a huge case. chuck should have been like jimmy this what im talking about. hard work dedication. he could have brought him into the firm slowly. chuck like a walking library. he could have mentored jimmy. instead he looked down upon jimmy.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

Nah man. I hate to use the word "hating"....but that was a text book example of hating. He didn't want him to succeed....he said he was happy Jimmy got a job in the mail room...and that was all he wanted for Jimmy. Basically "know your place".

I realize Jimmy fukked up in the past but between the flash back when Chuck gets Jimmy out of jail, and the current time line of "BCS" is 10 years. So Jimmy ain't been fukking up for 10 years....got a legit job, even passed the bar....maybe at some point in the future we'll see how terrible Jimmy was, but if your brother or homeboy or whoever ain't fukked up in 10 years it's time to let that shyt go....or at the very least tell them "ok man, the trust ain't ever gonna be there" and stop associating with them. Back in the day I could understand Chuck not wanting Jimmy at HHM....the last flashback we seen....but now? 10 years later, when he single-handedly brought the firm a multi-million dollar case? The shyt is out of "fool me twice" territory and firmly in "hating" territory.

And then on top of that Jimmy has been taking care of Chuck.

I mean it can be looked at both ways but the way Chuck handled it was was some grimy snake shyt.

Fred.

ryderldb

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah man. I hate to use the word "hating"....but that was a text book example of hating. He didn't want him to succeed....he said he was happy Jimmy got a job in the mail room...and that was all he wanted for Jimmy. Basically "know your place".

I realize Jimmy fukked up in the past but between the flash back when Chuck gets Jimmy out of jail, and the current time line of "BCS" is 10 years. So Jimmy ain't been fukking up for 10 years....got a legit job, even passed the bar....maybe at some point in the future we'll see how terrible Jimmy was, but if your brother or homeboy or whoever ain't fukked up in 10 years it's time to let that shyt go....or at the very least tell them "ok man, the trust ain't ever gonna be there" and stop associating with them. Back in the day I could understand Chuck not wanting Jimmy at HHM....the last flashback we seen....but now? 10 years later, when he single-handedly brought the firm a multi-million dollar case? The shyt is out of "fool me twice" territory and firmly in "hating" territory.

I mean it can be looked at both ways but the way Chuck handled it was was some grimy snake shyt.

Fred.
Yeah. Chuck handled it way wrong. He should of just kept it 100 with him from the get go. That and stealing the case is all I really fault chuck for. Blocking him from joining HHM is understandable to me. HHM is his baby. He's just trying to protect it. He's more than happy for jimmy to take the money and try to start his own practice.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
He's more than happy for jimmy to take the money and try to start his own practice.

He's not really though. He said Jimmy with a law degree was like "a chimp with a machine gun". He doesn't think he should be a lawyer at all....not at HHM....not anywhere.

Which is whatever but saying "I gave my life to this, you can't just slide into it like a cheap pair of slippers!" makes it seem like he's jealous Jimmy was able to accomplish more in less time, with less resources. Even when Jimmy presented the case to Chuck instead of being like :ohhh:"damn good job little brother" he was like :patrice:"you found this in work I did?"

Fred.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
such a fukked up ep.....chuck is all types of wrong for what he did to jimmy......who gives a shyt where he got his law degree from....dude is good at bein a lawyer....fukk chuck...:pacspit:

the whole mike storyline is so dope.....three man job?...naw...not when mike's involved....
when dude was like are you wanting to f*ck this deal up over $20 and mike's like "ARE YOU!?" :birdman: i screamed WHOOOO at my TV :banderas:

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Fred.
Exactly . We cant say see saul helps criminals ! He's right either cause he been doing it by the book and getting shyt on by the people and the system . Even criminals think he's too low brow :to: also as bad as saul appeared like I said before I think the Belize trips and stuff was really like someone suggesting the nuclear option to you when you have a problem to hopefully make you take a less drastic ( maybe still shytty option ) kind of like after a big argument like my marriage sucks ugh and someone say go get a divorce be in the dating scene at the age of 45 :yeshrug: and we never saw his home life either . Really walt was probably one of the less offensive criminals he dealt with

By the way this goes back to my criticism of breaking bad (one of my only outside of mikes attitude but this show is addressing why mike acts that way ) ... In the end they didn't make walt as bad of a guy as they seemed to think he was . Like really even walt saying he did it for himself doesn't really jive with some of his actions like trying to save hank by sacrifice his money . I think walt unlike price realized he was a criminal and was like oh well if im a criminal I'll be a criminal but he wasn't really being a sadist or something just a highly effective criminal

• Dap
Reactions: hex