The Official "Better Call Saul" Season 1 Thread

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah I realized that when I heard the Insider Podcast. Good look

I know saw a few folks weren't really feeling the Insider Podcast, it can get boring, off topic, and circle jerkish and doesn't get into the plot too much. I look at conversing with yall as a good discussion base. But if yall are looking for a podcast with good plot discussion check out It's Saul Good, Man! I've listened for 108 and 109 and it's pretty good.
Good does that podcast actually pay attention to the show ? There were a few breaking bad podcasts were they just wants to randomly speculate but didn't watch the show close so they'd be speculating on things that had been resolved or addressed or wasn't going to be resolved .

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Knowing the future of Jimmy really makes this show so unique. We all know he ends up working in a fukking Cinabon and shyt, and its all because of this fukk boy Chuck. :pacspit:

Jimmy could have joined HHM, married Kim and lived the good life. Instead he becomes Saul, has a good run, but it eventually falls apart. :sadcam:

I hope they end the show back in the present day with Saul going to Mexico with some money he had stashed away. The whole Cinabon thing would just be him laying low for a bit. My bruh deserves it :damn:

fukk Chuck and Walt :damn:

According to Vince Gilligan and Peter Gould....

They are definitely going to show more of Jimmy/Saul/Gene at Cinnabon after "Breaking Bad". It could be in next week's episode, it could be in season 4. They didn't say when.

Fred.

Daps
Reppin
NY
Knowing the future of Jimmy really makes this show so unique. We all know he ends up working in a fukking Cinabon and shyt, and its all because of this fukk boy Chuck. :pacspit:

I have a theory/mental spoiler about this

Maybe that Cinnabon scene is wayyyyyy into the future (post-Walter White/BB) after all the WW mess is done and he has to create a new identity for himself. I know the opening scenes are flashbacks but if you see him playing the videotape of the commercial, it makes you wonder (or me at least)

Daps
Reppin
NY
According to Vince Gilligan and Peter Gould....

They are definitely going to show more of Jimmy/Saul/Gene at Cinnabon after "Breaking Bad". It could be in next week's episode, it could be in season 4. They didn't say when.

Fred.

lmao I just posted this same theory at the same time:salute:

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Chuck clearly has put himself on the line many times for Jimmy in the past.
Their relationship is complicated.
thats the brilliance of this episode and how they developed the chuck/jimmy relationship. i sympathize a lot more with jimmy but i can see both sides. great payoff and i initially didnt like the chuck character at all

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I have a theory/mental spoiler about this

Maybe that Cinnabon scene is wayyyyyy into the future (post-Walter White/BB) after all the WW mess is done and he has to create a new identity for himself. I know the opening scenes are flashbacks but if you see him playing the videotape of the commercial, it makes you wonder (or me at least)

It's interesting because that Cinnabon scene could be right after "Breaking Bad", or years could've passed.

He says "a month from now" in his last appearance in "Breaking Bad", but there's no indication either way:

Fred.

Mr. Manhattan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
fukk Chuck :pacspit:

Love the scenes with Mike and his philosophy on Good and Evil another classic scene... Dude is modern age Socrates with all the realness he spits.. Just have a whole episode with Mike spitting knowledge and wisdom and it'll be classic

Last edited:

Pifferry

blegh
Daps
I can't take the majority of these Chuck haters seriously :mjlol:
Not that he doesn't deserve some of it though

Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Good does that podcast actually pay attention to the show ? There were a few breaking bad podcasts were they just wants to randomly speculate but didn't watch the show close so they'd be speculating on things that had been resolved or addressed or wasn't going to be resolved .

They pay attention and do good background research and read into previous episodes. The Insiders didn't even mention the video game link to two characters while these guys mentioned GTA V (Steven Ogg) and Far Cry 3 (Nacho played by Michael Mando)

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
That scene in the car with Mike breaking down the criminal philosophy was basically the rule book for everything in the BB universe :ohhh::wow:

A couple hours after you posted this Tom Schnauz (the writer of the episode) said basically the same thing in an interview. Good eye.

Fred.

Barry Sanders

Barry>>>
Daps
Reppin
Silverdome
I can't take the majority of these Chuck haters seriously :mjlol:
Not that he doesn't deserve some of it though

everyone has as a "slippin jimmy" in their family. so to see a "slippin jimmy" make something of themself is good thing to see. and instead of chuck embracing jimmy he only pushes him farther away. yeah you been a fukk up for years but you get your shyt together and you find out your brother thinks you aint shyt. that has to hurt. and to find out that chuck been having howard do his talking shows what chuck about .and instead of mentoring jimmy chuck debos the case for his own firm and just wants to pay jimmy off. if anything he should have brought jimmy into fold.

Medulla Oblongata

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I need to start back watching this show. The last episode I watched was the episode where Saul was trying to find that family.