The Official "Better Call Saul" Season 1 Thread

Pifferry

blegh
Daps
:dwillhuh:

First episode he tried to scam the Kettlemans because he was broke from taking care of Chuck. It's not as if he was just out there scamming folks for fun.

As far as all those Reddit comments talking about "well, Chuck was right, look at how Saul eventually turns out":why: The fukk? Jimmy turned into Saul because of Chuck. Chuck altered his entire life by blocking him from getting a job at HHM back in the day. We can sit here and theorize that Jimmy might've turned into a dirt bag no matter what, but factually we can draw a direct line from Chuck blocking him, to where he currently is.

Hell, to take it a step further Chuck is indirectly responsible for a decent chunk of "Breaking Bad", too. No Saul = Badger snitches in season 2 and Walt and Jesse go to jail.

So as you can see, Chuck is the most evil character on either show. :sas1:

Fred.
I'm not saying that Chuck didn't do anything wrong.
He most definitely shouldn't have been as sneaky as he was and manned up and that was a massively fukked up thing to do to his brother especially after he took care of him but broke shmoke Jimmy is an ambulance chases at heart and I can only imagine how many times Chuck has let him off of the hook and gotten the I'm better speech in the past and with all the other stuff he said it's no wonder that this got to him.
And what obligation did Chuck have to let Jimmy work for him back when he first passed the Bar? I'd imagine that online classes may have even looked down upon more and that the average big law firm wouldn't have accepted him but Jimmy wanted to practice nepotism. He maybe should have put him on as a small time lawyer or intern or something but it's reasonable.
This is a stepping stone to Jimmy becoming Saul but in the end it was still his choice to make just like while Walt fukked Jesse over and what not but he still had the choice in the end.
Jimmy created Saul by being a fukk up years ago.
The worst part is that Walt regularly pulled foul shyt like this but the same fans demonizing Chuck would use every excuse in the book for Walt.
He ain't evil.

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He most definitely shouldn't have been as sneaky as he was and manned up and that was a massively fukked up thing to do to his brother especially after he took care of him but broke shmoke Jimmy is an ambulance chases at heart and I can only imagine how many times Chuck has let him off of the hook and gotten the I'm better speech in the past and with all the other stuff he said it's no wonder that this got to him.
And what obligation did Chuck have to let Jimmy work for him back when he first passed the Bar? I'd imagine that online classes may have even looked down upon more and that the average big law firm wouldn't have accepted him but Jimmy wanted to practice nepotism. He maybe should have put him on as a small time lawyer or intern or something but it's reasonable.
This is a stepping stone to Jimmy becoming Saul but in the end it was still his choice to make just like while Walt fukked Jesse over and what not but he still had the choice in the end.
The worst part is that Walt regularly pulled foul shyt like this but the same fans demonizing Chuck would use every excuse in the book for Walt.
He ain't evil.
But to tell him that he would never change tells us he had no hope for Jimmy at all.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
hamlin may not even "hate" jimmy

Now with everything we know, I doubt he does.

I'm sure he thinks Jimmy is a clown though....look at the very first scene of the series with Jimmy/Hamlin/Kim, when Jimmy interrupts their meeting wilding out and yelling. Then copying his suit and the billboard stunt.

But I think on some level he respects Jimmy....hell, he might've even given Jimmy a job there, if not for Chuck's meddling. You can tell Hamlin was :leon: when discussing how Jimmy put the entire case together by himself in this ep's meeting.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
im a law student, and although im not practicing, based on what i know and the lawyers i talk to, this show might be the most accurate portrayal of actual legal practice on television. of course there are still exagerrations and embellishments, but they get a lot of the details right

that episode was really great, i dont know how theyll top that in the finale

I don't know much about the law aside from watching "Matlock", but since episode 1 lawyers have been pretty consistently :leon: with how accurate the show is. Not just the details and minutiae, a lot of the less glamorous aspects like constantly struggling to get clients.

Fred.

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't know much about the law aside from watching "Matlock", but since episode 1 lawyers have been pretty consistently :leon: with how accurate the show is. Not just the details and minutiae, a lot of the less glamorous aspects like constantly struggling to get clients.

Fred.

yeah on any other legal show this case would have already gone to trial is a fancy courtroom packed with a crowd. instead they argue the restraining order in an empty shythole courtroom and the lawyers just get buried with tedious bullshyt paperwork. chucks reaction when jimmy was all excited about winning the restraining order was priceless

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
He ain't evil.

There was no obligation....that's not the point though. Chuck couldn't even let the situation naturally resolve itself....he cock blocked Jimmy when it's feasible he wouldn't have gotten the job, anyway.

It's also possible Hamlin wouldn't have considered letting Jimmy help them with the case....again, Chuck didn't even entertain the thought of letting it play out. He went out of his way to insure it never happened.

So, it's not about obligation. It's the exact opposite of that, really. Chuck thinks Jimmy will only ever be a loser, so he's insured he's only ever a loser. It would be like if I told you to get renter's insurance because the neighborhood is bad, illustrated the point by breaking in and stealing all your shyt, then told you :manny: "you should have listened".

Fred.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm saying that I believe that but that Jimmy has clearly fukked up enough for Chuck to be weary of him.
But I'm not saying he was 100% in the right.
He's a 100% wrong in this situation. be honest and tell jimmy from the beginning . If he thought he was on the up and up he wouldn't be hiding it behind Hamlin