The Official "Better Call Saul" Season 1 Thread

Daps
Reppin
The Ghetto of Oz
If you've ever had a sibling that you've had some long standing beef with, you'll know what I'm talking about. You don't have to like the guy, but he's still your brother, and deep down you want to love him even if he's kind of a slime ball.

Havent talked to my brother since '06

not mad. He's an a$$hole and I'm good dont need the strife. But I would try to help him get a good job like that ..if I could. As long as I didnt have to work with him

Last edited:

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
This was a very good episode last night...

I knew this fakkit Chuck called Hamlin when he grabbed the phone from the mail box...How you going to sell your brother out like that knowing everything he's done for you? And his rant was vulger as fukk...There was clear disdain and jealousy in this voice and the fool had the balls to immediately beg Jimmy to come back him...:smh:

That said the best part for me was the mini GTA homage...

:heh: @ Trevor being in full character with 9 weapons on him...

The technology Rockstar used to model the actor was ridiculously accurate...They got his facial expressions and movements down perfectly to the point there was no mistaking who that was in the parking lot if you played that game...

I think the nerdy pill dude who set up the job was also from the game...he sounded a lot like the freaky cripple dude who gives you the heists...

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
man fukk chuck.

i know what it feels like to doubt your family but i would never do anything to stop their progress unless i hate them. chuck is jealous of jimmy. jimmy was probably his parents' favorite kid when they were young and chuck worked his ass off to prove himself as "better" than his brother.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
What that last scene did so well IMO is that if you really think about it, both of them are correct and sympathetic. You feel for Jimmy/Saul when Chuck basically undercuts him, and calls him Slippin' Jimmy again, etc. You want Jimmy to become Saul and be his own man, show Chuck that he doesn't need any help. At the same time, you can relate to Chuck for having a brother that has been able to skate and sweet talk his way into positions that it took Chuck years to get into. Chuck also doesn't think Jimmy respects the law enough to be a good lawyer, and obviously we find out this is true on BrBa.

So they're both right. They both make great points, and it was a powerful scene. Obviously I'm rooting for Jimmy to become Saul, and obviously he does, but that's another great testament to the writers and the actors. because we all know what happens and the scene still has us rooting for Jimmy to become Saul.

icelandSpar

Rookie
Daps
Honestly, this show has really failed to achieve liftoff... Lots of boring suburban types and stereotypes of lawyers.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Saul did say "it was ALWAYS you". I think this goes back to the mailroom days.

It definitely does.

But I meant things we don't even know about, because Jimmy seems to have a resentment for Hamlin above and beyond the 2-3 things we've seen on the show. And like Jimmy said, Hamlin needs Chuck. So he would be inclined to "help" him by shytting on Jimmy.

It's an all around fukked up situation.

Fred.

The Coochie Assassin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
RD4L
naw i can't respect Chuck for hijacking Jimmy's case like that even if he "took the deal"....Chuck is a hater...Jimmy been taking care of his ass that whole time BECAUSE he realizes how much Chuck has done for him...but then Chuck gonna act like Jimmy hasn't worked his ass off to not just make his life stable but to keep Chuck sustained after his mental breakdown....smh if Chuck wasn't fuccin with Jimmy the whole time he shoulda just kept it 100 and not sabotage his moves while making sure he kept taking care of his mental ass