The Official "Better Call Saul" Season 1 Thread

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
man fukk chuck.

i know what it feels like to doubt your family but i would never do anything to stop their progress unless i hate them. chuck is jealous of jimmy. jimmy was probably his parents' favorite kid when they were young and chuck worked his ass off to prove himself as "better" than his brother.
Yeah And I respect bob odenkirk what he said about chuck but how you be so high and mighty about the law and then not even give jimmy a chance ? I know he doesn't seem to do criminal law (chuck )outside of helping jimmy out of jams but come on man. I think he can love the law but it's still jealousy to see how hard he works and in his mind jimmy waltzes in and finds a multimillion dollar case while doing elder law . Now we see chuck reviewed the files that jimmy left not due to missing the law but to see if he was pulling a fast one :to: @hexagram23 he never trusted him this whole time all the while jimmy just wanted him to be proud of him

• Dap
Reactions: hex

The Coochie Assassin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
RD4L
Found this on IMDB :whoo: I agree 100%

You're BS'ing your way to find excuses for chuck, i mean come on, jimmy has been taking care of chuck for a long time, since his "condition", his dream was to work with his brother, he always looked up to chuck, and he wanted to do better in life for him, and he did, he got his life back on track and everything, but chuck is blinded by pride; PRIDE, his pride cannot let him see jimmy as anything other than a screwed up individual, even thought he has proven up to be a hell of a lawyer (he didn't just pass the bar, i can even understand chuck disbelief back then, when he only passed the bar) but now? after all that has happend? with jimmy taking care of him everyday, and jimmy finding this huge case and making it from the ground? if it was anyone else, no matter background, lawfirm would be on their knees to the lawyer bringing them that case, but not jimmy, because his brother believes hes only a mailman, someone he can look down to and feel better about himself...

I mean come on, just listen to what chuck says, the way he says it...

"You're not a real lawyer"
"what a joke"
"I WORKED MY ASS OFF TO GET WHERE I AM"
"You taking shortcuts and suddenly think you're my peer!?"

How can you not see it? This is all about chuck's pride, about how he can't handle jimmy being at his level, this is not about "law being sacred" or "people getting hurt"

Chuck gave his pitch, he let it out, his true self and motives, then he tried to excuse himself, by saying other things, like law is sacred, and people getting hurt trying to lower the gravity of his words, why he never told this to jimmy before? because he knows he's a selfish prick, a selfish two faced, *beep* of a brother, and i have a brother, and honestly, when he told this to jimmy, i felt the pain of jimmy, because thats a wound that will never heal for him.

To just finalize this, i would understand your point, of him knowing jimmy and that decades of jimmy being bad would make that to chuck, and that's probably what happend, chuck gave up on jimmy a long time ago, he can't see him as anything than slippin' jimmy, and no matter what jimmy does in his life will change that...

But i can understand you giving up on your brother when they are bad people, and they don't care about you, what i can't understand, and what makes me so sure that chuck is an *beep* is that jimmy turned his life around, and when chuck most needed someone, jimmy was there, taking care of him with his stupid ass fake disease, he didn't care it was fake, he'd still protect him, he'd always look after chuck, and for chuck to have given up on jimmy when jimmy takes so much care and he obviously loves chuck so much, it makes me sick!

Chuck is a selfish, two faced prideful b*stard, and while jimmy was "slippin jimmy" for a decade or whatever, he accepted it, and he turned his life around, chuck will always be a selfish two faced prick and no amount of turning will ever change that!

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It definitely does.

But I meant things we don't even know about, because Jimmy seems to have a resentment for Hamlin above and beyond the 2-3 things we've seen on the show. And like Jimmy said, Hamlin needs Chuck. So he would be inclined to "help" him by shytting on Jimmy.

It's an all around fukked up situation.

Fred.
Hamlin is the brother chuck really wants I guess :to: even when jimmy knows that chuck screwed him he still takes care of him ! He knows his disease is fake and he doesn't bring it up just leaves. He's so blinded by slipping jimmy that he can't realize jimmy is more than thst now . He's probably the one who told Hamlin to have jimmy change his business cards so when his law practice falls in disgrace chuck can be distanced from him

Daps
Reppin
Charlotte, North Carolina
MIKE "THE ENFORCER" EHRMANTRAUT WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

ARN WOULD BE PROUD :wow:

better-call-saul-jonathan-banks.jpg

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
."You're not a real lawyer"? I knew Chuck didn't want Jimmy at the firm in the first place, Nice fake outrage by Chuck in the meeting. And the scene where Jimmy let Chuck know that he knew was awesome. Jimmy was so happy when he thought he was earning his brothers respect but Chuck would only ever see him as Slippin Jimmy :wow:

I don't feel mad at Kim though. Her advice was good. She did want Jimmy to be happy, and "putting HHM behind him" was the best way for that to happen. I only hope he hasn't burned bridges with her, with those insulting accusations he made.

Mike's little speech to the dorky criminal rings true to Jimmy's character... You can be a good guy and be a criminal, and that is exactly what Jimmy aka Saul is...

AkaDemiK

I Love Hip-Hop
Daps
Now you gotta wonder how much of Hamlin treating Jimmy like shyt was him being the fall guy for Chuck.

Fred.

hamlin may not even "hate" jimmy....the look n his face when kim was leaving the office said it all, he felt torn about what had happened.

chuck ain't shyt

Last edited:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Mike: The lesson is, if you're going to be a criminal, do your homework.

Pryce: Now wait, I'm not a bad guy....

Mike:
I didn't say you were a bad guy, I said you're a criminal.

Pryce:
What's the difference?

Mike:
I've known good criminals and bad cops, bad priests and honorable thieves. You can be on one side of the law or the other, but if you make a deal with somebody, you keep your word. You can go home today with your money and never do this again. But you took something that wasn't yours and you sold it for a profit. You're now a criminal. Good one? Bad one? That's up to you.

:wow:

Fred.

Propaganda

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
well that certainly puts hamlin in a whole new light. it wasn't him who was the resentful prick trying to screw over jimmy after all. i did think it was kind of weird that chuck didn't go to bat for him at the meeting.

he was going straight and narrow to earn his brother's respect, doing everything right, even dropping a multi-million dollar case on his chuck's firm's lap and still, he ain't nothing but slippin' jimmy in his brother's eyes. damn. :mjcry: i guess this is the turning point for jimmy. should be interesting to see how they make him descend into full-on saul goodman scumbaggery.

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Honestly, this show has really failed to achieve liftoff... Lots of boring suburban types and stereotypes of lawyers.

im a law student, and although im not practicing, based on what i know and the lawyers i talk to, this show might be the most accurate portrayal of actual legal practice on television. of course there are still exagerrations and embellishments, but they get a lot of the details right

that episode was really great, i dont know how theyll top that in the finale

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
He's right :yeshrug:
First episode proved it :francis:

:dwillhuh:

First episode he tried to scam the Kettlemans because he was broke from taking care of Chuck. It's not as if he was just out there scamming folks for fun.

As far as all those Reddit comments talking about "well, Chuck was right, look at how Saul eventually turns out":why: The fukk? Jimmy turned into Saul because of Chuck. Chuck altered his entire life by blocking him from getting a job at HHM back in the day. We can sit here and theorize that Jimmy might've turned into a dirt bag no matter what, but factually we can draw a direct line from Chuck blocking him, to where he currently is.

Hell, to take it a step further Chuck is indirectly responsible for a decent chunk of "Breaking Bad", too. No Saul = Badger snitches in season 2 and Walt and Jesse go to jail.

So as you can see, Chuck is the most evil character on either show. :sas1:

Fred.

Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
that wasn't lester, different actor

Yeah I realized that when I heard the Insider Podcast. Good look

I know saw a few folks weren't really feeling the Insider Podcast, it can get boring, off topic, and circle jerkish and doesn't get into the plot too much. I look at conversing with yall as a good discussion base. But if yall are looking for a podcast with good plot discussion check out It's Saul Good, Man! I've listened for 108 and 109 and it's pretty good.