The Official "Better Call Saul" Season 1 Thread

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
It starts tomorrow, and there's a new ep on Monday too.

Both "Arrow" and "Flash" were stickied at some point but the site owners don't like 5,000 things stickied so things get taken down.

But if we gotta pick between a "Breaking Bad" prequel, and "Arrow"/"Flash"....obviously this is getting stickied. That should be a no-brainer for most of the site.

Nobody has asked me to sticky "The Walking Dead", and I don't watch that shyt so :yeshrug:

Fred.
People still watch the walking dead? :huhldup:

Got the DVR ready for Saul tomorrow :win:

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
I think they have no lines when it comes down to it. Saul advocated Badger catching a shiv in county to keep quiet. He said Jessie could also go early on. He even brought up Hank getting taken out. He was very used too ordering murder as an option. I bet money he knew her . Lydia was more business like in ordering deaths, she would drop hints and see if the other person would follow Her lead in deciding to kill.

Looking back, I think they actually softened Saul up a little after his first appearance. I don't think the Saul from the final season would approve of Walter ordering hits. I'm OK with that, I think he became more multidimensional. Originally, I think he was just meant to be a one-off crooked lawyer stereotype.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Two more positive reviews, I'll pull quotes due to some spoilers in the actual reviews:

http://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2015/02/the-beauty-of-better-call-saul/385265/

Take out Walter and his journey, though, and do you still have a masterpiece? Better Call Saul, the new spinoff whose premiere and second episode air Sunday and Monday respectively, suggests that the answer might have been “yes.” Gilligan and co-creator Peter Gould have improbably constructed something that feels like a continuation of its predecessor but not a retread, telling a new tale with their old show's trademark meticulousness, gravity, humor, and, beauty.

http://www.theverge.com/2015/2/6/7989617/better-call-saul-review

The airwaves are littered with the rival successors to TV’s so-called “golden age,” but only one has spawned a straight-up spin-off. Better Call Saul, which premieres Sunday on AMC, focuses on the early life of “criminal lawyer” Saul Goodman (Bob Odenkirk) when he was struggling lawyer Jimmy McGill, six years before the events of Breaking Bad. And spoiler alert — it’s excellent.

Fred.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
It starts tomorrow, and there's a new ep on Monday too.

Both "Arrow" and "Flash" were stickied at some point but the site owners don't like 5,000 things stickied so things get taken down.

But if we gotta pick between a "Breaking Bad" prequel, and "Arrow"/"Flash"....obviously this is getting stickied. That should be a no-brainer for most of the site.

Nobody has asked me to sticky "The Walking Dead", and I don't watch that shyt so :yeshrug:

Fred.

This doesnt seem like it as great at BB though. I dont think it will be garbage per say..... but Saul really wasnt that interesting of a character and I'm not 35-44 mins of a 50+ will be that compelling. Bob O doesnt seem like the "lead guy" type. I mean we will see tomorrow, but if this isnt even 1/2 as good as BB..... theres some nice shrubbery that has a vacant spot available:francis:

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
This doesnt seem like it as great at BB though. I dont think it will be garbage per say..... but Saul really wasnt that interesting of a character and I'm not 35-44 mins of a 50+ will be that compelling. Bob O doesnt seem like the "lead guy" type. I mean we will see tomorrow, but if this isnt even 1/2 as good as BB..... theres some nice shrubbery that has a vacant spot available:francis:

Well if the yard stick is "it's not as good as 'BB'" you might as well not watch it....because it's most likely not going to be. But that's like saying you'll never check for another David Simon show because it's not "The Wire", or another David Chase show because it's not "The Sopranos". Most people don't get one of these shows in their entire career and you're essentially saying you expect two....hell, technically three out of Vince Gilligan, since he was on "The X-Files" 20 years ago.

I expect this will be a good B tier show, nowhere near "BB"....but what you're saying about Bob Odenkirk, people were saying about Bryan Cranston. The father from "Malcolm In The Middle" was not a popular choice to play a murderous drug lord 7 years ago, either.

Lastly, it's not just about Saul. There's an episode about Mike as a cop, which fans have been asking about for years. And the series jumps around in time, too. Saying anything else would obviously be a spoiler.

Fred.

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
:mjlol: @ nikkas talking about Arrow and Flash
My little brother watches that shyt and the little nikka is 12 :mjlol1:
That shyt is corny as fukk :camby:

:ohhh:I thought a lot of cats watched that shyt man... I mean I would've said Banshee but thats already here:dwillhuh:, not sure about Empire but thats there too.:beli: Maybe I shouldve mentioned Justified, but hell not really alot of other shyt to choose from. Wait House of Lies!!:patrice:

With that said, I guess since this is the slow season, so corny shyt like this can get a spot in the stickied location.:yeshrug:

My bad if you dont like the superhero movies/shows like pretty much EVERYONE else, I cant do nothing but I guess respect you for being a contrarian and going against the grain! Prolly wont watch any of the MarvelDC movies the next few summers or Daredevil either cuz it aint too REAL for you, so respect:lupe:

KnickstapeCity

:mjpls:
Daps
Reppin
New York
:ohhh:I thought a lot of cats watched that shyt man... I mean I would've said Banshee but thats already here:dwillhuh:, not sure about Empire but thats there too.:beli: Maybe I shouldve mentioned Justified, but hell not really alot of other shyt to choose from. Wait House of Lies!!:patrice:

With that said, I guess since this is the slow season, so corny shyt like this can get a spot in the stickied location.:yeshrug:

My bad if you dont like the superhero movies/shows like pretty much EVERYONE else, I cant do nothing but I guess respect you for being a contrarian and going against the grain! Prolly wont watch any of the MarvelDC movies the next few summers or Daredevil either cuz it aint too REAL for you, so respect:lupe:

I just have no interest in no fukking Arrow or fukking Flash :stopitslime:

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
Well if the yard stick is "it's not as good as 'BB'" you might as well not watch it....because it's most likely not going to be. But that's like saying you'll never check for another David Simon show because it's not "The Wire", or another David Chase show because it's not "The Sopranos". Most people don't get one of these shows in their entire career and you're essentially saying you expect two....hell, technically three out of Vince Gilligan, since he was on "The X-Files" 20 years ago.

I expect this will be a good B tier show, nowhere near "BB"....but what you're saying about Bob Odenkirk, people were saying about Bryan Cranston. The father from "Malcolm In The Middle" was not a popular choice to play a murderous drug lord 7 years ago, either.

Lastly, it's not just about Saul. There's an episode about Mike as a cop, which fans have been asking about for years. And the series jumps around in time, too. Saying anything else would obviously be a spoiler.

Fred.

Hmmmm yes and no.... its a big difference from Bryan Cranston then being "the father from MITM" to being "Walter White" to what Bryan Cranston being "the father from MITM" to being "the father from MITM" in his own spinoff show.

Dont get me wrong, like most I will watch it out of curiosity and I hope it is a great show... but I cant help but have low expectations cuz his character wasnt really a character I really cared for like that and felt needed his own show. I've seen a few things by Bob O waaaaaaaaaaay before he was on BB (he used to have this internet sketch thing he acted on with one of the dudes from Big Bang Theory) and just never really saw much in him.

But we gucci now..... real talk, in my initial post, I aint eve know this show was dropping tomorrow till you mentioned it

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
Yo, when does this drop?:dahell: Not hating just trynna understand why this is stickied but yet cant get Arrow and Flash to be up here and they are airing while this shyt been like so far away from debuting.:mindblown: I mean gotdamn!! Nikkas aint even got Walking Dead up and that comes backs tomorrow?

I'm gonna watch this show and I loved BB.... save the hate:whoa:
I ask myself this question everytime I visit the Film Room ...

This thread been stickied for a minute...I guess a mod is a Breaking Bad stan...only reason why this thread was stickied and that bullshyt Empire is stickied over ARROW :snoop:

KnickstapeCity

:mjpls:
Daps
Reppin
New York
No doubt friend and Hex earlier said he has no interest in TWD. We all have our preference in what we like so we gucci:dahell:

anigif_enhanced-buzz-32309-1353011666-19.gif

....... Okay then.

Trey0'5Blue2Gz

I'm The Cook that killed Gus Fring
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Liberty City
I havent really been following the thread but has anyone mentioned how, the scene where Saul is kicking the trash can is very similar to Walt punching the hand-dryer in the bathroom scene.

:wow: