The Official "Bel-Air" Thread (Season 2 Is Now Airing)

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
It's ironic that in the OG, Ice Tray said that Will had a good set up and told him not to mess it up. Meanwhile, in this version, he went full-on hater.

And I can't remember any time where his mother tried to bring him back.

Overall, I'm actually enjoying this so far.

SHE DEFINITELY TRIED
TO BRING HIM BACK.

:devil:
:evil:

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
They sound like those cac nerds who bytch and moan everytime a non white male is cast. If what you're watching goes against your morals than stop watching. If you're still tuning in every week than you're just grandstanding.
SHUTCHO bytch ASS UP.

WE HAVE EVERY RIGHT
TO COMPLAIN EVERYTIME
THEY PUT THAT GAY shyt ON SCREEN

IF IT BOTHERS YOU
STOP READING POSTS.
:devil:
:evil:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
The Wire had two gay characters and no one complained about Omar or Kima. It's only an issue now because they think it's being forced as part of an agenda.

I get annoyed when they add gay characters purely for pandering and it doesn't move the narrative but Ashley has had like 6 minutes of screen time. Her storyline ruining the show is absurd.

Was the og Ashley gay?
There is zero reason to have a 12 year old as a damn lesbo

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
The Wire had two gay characters and no one complained about Omar or Kima. It's only an issue now because they think it's being forced as part of an agenda.

I get annoyed when they add gay characters purely for pandering and it doesn't move the narrative but Ashley has had like 6 minutes of screen time. Her storyline ruining the show is absurd.

I found it funny that Hilary lied when she said she wasn't surprised that Ashley was gay. You could see on her face she was like "WTF?". But she was being a good big TV sister. :obama:

Jesus H. Christ

I died for your sins
Daps
malcolm-x-angry.gif

Why do I get this feeling that Carlton will cost Uncle Phil's election? Possibly putting out Will situation on the summer jam screen.

DaddyFresh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They sound like those cac nerds who bytch and moan everytime a non white male is cast. If what you're watching goes against your morals than stop watching. If you're still tuning in every week than you're just grandstanding.
Facts if they think this show promotes pedophilia/gay brainwashing and they still watch. What the fukk does that say about them? Your analogy about whites bytching about non white characters is spot on.

DaddyFresh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Was the og Ashley gay?
There is zero reason to have a 12 year old as a damn lesbo
The show is using the OG as a template not as a carbon copy. Geoffrey wasn’t Ray Donavan in the original either. I feel like it’s there for social discussions and a bit of pandering. Most people who are coming to grips with their sexuality usually do it at that age range.

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
I found it funny that Hilary lied when she said she wasn't surprised that Ashley was gay. You could see on her face she was like "WTF?". But she was being a good big TV sister. :obama:

Real life or tv, that’s what I would expect a good big sister to do. She couldn’t hide her reaction well but It was obvious Ashley was struggling, nervous, scared, confused, etc. It’s not Hilary’s place as her only big sister to preach or shyt on her when Hilary was the first person in the family Ashley truly came out to. They may have that talk later (which could give this a deeper layer of realism) but for now she was there for her which was very cool.

As far as Ashley goes, I’m old enough to not care or be concerned with her orientation or sexual preference one way or another as long as they don’t depict her getting into real promiscuous situations so young. My opinion is the same if she likes girls or boys or whatever In between. Right now, they’re walking that line, but they’re tending towards innocence and curiosity as opposed to over the top stuff. My only hope is that they don’t let her be defined by her orientation and start pandering to a specific community just to check the boxes.

The OG Ashley grew into a very dope character by touching on subjects you couldn’t really touch on with the older more experienced characters like Will and Hilary. There’s a lot of things they can do with her in this new show.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Real life or tv, that’s what I would expect a good big sister to do. She couldn’t hide her reaction well but It was obvious Ashley was struggling, nervous, scared, confused, etc. It’s not Hilary’s place as her only big sister to preach or shyt on her when Hilary was the first person in the family Ashley truly came out to. They may have that talk later (which could give this a deeper layer of realism) but for now she was there for her which was very cool.

As far as Ashley goes, I’m old enough to not care or be concerned with her orientation or sexual preference one way or another as long as they don’t depict her getting into real promiscuous situations so young. My opinion is the same if she likes girls or boys or whatever In between. Right now, they’re walking that line, but they’re tending towards innocence and curiosity as opposed to over the top stuff. My only hope is that they don’t let her be defined by her orientation and start pandering to a specific community just to check the boxes.

The OG Ashley grew into a very dope character by touching on subjects you couldn’t really touch on with the older more experienced characters like Will and Hilary. There’s a lot of things they can do with her in this new show.

Abomination :scust:

K-ZOE

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Translation: you know it’s true, but it doesn’t fit your narrative. :heh:

Neither was needed. But only one bothers you. Cuz it ain’t about anything being “forced” or “random”.
:unimpressed: So don't believe what Ren say/ Cuz he going out like Kunta Kinte/ But I gotta whip for ya Toby....